• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Sceptile-M Stats: 70/110/75/145/85/145 Type: Grass/Dragon
    Well at least Mega Sceptile won't have to worry about Ice Beam users, who it can outspeed almost all of them.

Altaria-M Stats: 75/110/110/110/105/80 Type: Dragon/Fairy
    I'm getting Mesprit vibes from these stats, and Mesprit is low-tiered, so I'm a bit worried.

Gallade-M Stats: 68/165/95/65/115/110 Type: Psychic/Fighting
    What a relief that Mega Gallade gets excellent speed.

Steelix-M Stats: 75/125/230/55/95/30 Type: Steel/Ground
    It only gets a 10 point increase in its already good defense, so it's not much of a waste, but will a base stat of 95 on its SpD be enough to handle moves like Surf and Flamethrower even with the SpD boost from Sandstorms?

Pidgeot-M Stats: 83/80/80/135/80/121 Type: Normal/Flying
    I have a feeling that Pidgeot will get new egg moves that benefit its Mega Evolution like Heracross, so it's not just Hurricane and Heat Wave.

Glalie-M Stats: 80/120/80/120/80/100 Type: Ice
    Well that definitely puts Froslass to shame, even with a shallow move pool.

Hoopa-M Stats: 80/160/60/170/130/80 Type: Psychic/Dark
    Would this mean we're getting Hoopa early then usual like Genesect before it?

Camerupt-M Stats: 70/120/100/145/105/20 Type: Fire/Ground
    This would definitely help out Camerupt, but can it be enough to endure Water moves?

Lopunny-M Stats: 65/136/94/54/96/135 Type: Normal/Fighting
    Wow, that is a massive boost for a mediocre Pokemon. Makes me wish for Dawn to return in the anime again, with a newly evolved Lopunny to showcase this Mega Evolution.

Beedrill-M Stats: 65/150/40/15/80/145 Type: Bug/Poison
    Sweet Arceus... now I feel hyped for a hypothetical Mega Butterfree.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Well that definitely puts Froslass to shame, even with a shallow move pool.

What's even better is that M-Glalie has Refrigerate, which turns all Normal-type moves into Ice and powers them up by 30%.

Just imagine Explosion with that, lol.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Apparently, there is 7 more item slots where the Mega stones are. There's potentially 7 more Megas.
    I kind of hope that they'll be more than Seven. I hope that one of those is Mega Slowking, and another is Mega Froslass. Four can be the Mega Regis, and the last one can belong to Jirachi.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I kind of hope that they'll be more than Seven. I hope that one of those is Mega Slowking, and another is Mega Slowbro. Four can be the Mega Regis, and the last one can belong to Jirachi.
    We already got Mega Slowbro.

But if there's only 7 more megas, that's fine by me. We got a lot in X/Y, they've given us plenty so far with ORAS, and we all know that Game Freak isn't done riding the Mega Evolution train. I'd like a Mega Hydreigon and/or a Mega Haxorus, buuuuuuuuut those probably aren't happening right now.

Years
    We already got Mega Slowbro.

But if there's only 7 more megas, that's fine by me. We got a lot in X/Y, they've given us plenty so far with ORAS, and we all know that Game Freak isn't done riding the Mega Evolution train. I'd like a Mega Hydreigon and/or a Mega Haxorus, buuuuuuuuut those probably aren't happening right now.
    Face-palm. How stupid of me, I meant to type Mega Froslass not Mega Slowbro...
    Considering they seem to be doing Mega Hoopa chances aren't that low for those two.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Guys, I'm actually getting worried they won't give us mega flygon.

They have to, right? They wouldn't just ignore him like that, right?

... Right?

Years
    Guys, I'm actually getting worried they won't give us mega flygon.

They have to, right? They wouldn't just ignore him like that, right?

... Right?
    I still think it'll get a Mega. If it doesn't end up getting one then it could still get one in 'Z', after all Flygon is available in Kalos too, and perhaps if GF sees fans ask for it even if it ends up not showing up in OrAs they'll know that it's very popular and make one before Generation's end.

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
    Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie look really unappealing to me. Mega Glalie is going to be super duper powerful, with 120 base atk and sp atk and STAB plus a 30% boost on Normal type moves it'd probably be banned to Ubers, if it wasn't Ice-type and had better defenses. Mega Steelix is kinda "meh" to me. It's going to be like Mega Garchomp: Even stronger but slightly more limited in a Sandstorm.

Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot pump me up so much. They look so cool and Mega Pidgeot is going to be awesome! Mega Beedrill will too, with Adaptability. (Hopefully its not banned like Mega Lucario was)

Other Megas that I liked are Mega Sharpedo and Mega Gallade. Both are really cool but I'm disappointed in Mega Gallade's ability. It should have been Tough Claws or Iron Fist or something just as strong as Pixilate.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot pump me up so much. They look so cool and Mega Pidgeot is going to be awesome! Mega Beedrill will too, with Adaptability. (Hopefully its not banned like Mega Lucario was)

I don't think it'll be banned though, 'cause a Gale Wings Brave Bird Talonflame could definitely OHKO that thing with Megabee's frail defenses. :/

But I'm still getting one anyway! ^_^

Years
    I don't think it'll be banned though, 'cause a Gale Wings Brave Bird Talonflame could definitely OHKO that thing with Megabee's frail defenses. :/

Very true. I also plan on using one despite that fact. Imagine using Fell Stinger to inflict the finishing blow and gaining a two stage boost in Attack. It looks more attractive on Mega Beedrill than before.

Speaking of Beedrill, earlier I mentioned I'll like to see Mega Slowking, and Mega Froslass, but forgot to bring up Mega Butterfree. I see it being a special attack version of Mega Beedrill.

I have a lot of Megas I'll still like to see in these games, these, the Regis, Jirachi, Deoxys, Flygon, Milotic, Minun, Plusle, Beautifly, Dustox.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years

I mean, a Close Combat from Terrakion could OHKO Chansey and both are still prevalent in OU, but I won't get technical :P Beedrill is definitely going OU. Is that 150 Attack and 145 Speed I see? Holy crap. This was definitely unexpected. I would like to see a Mega Butterfree, since I think butterflies can look really awesome, but since the data has been revealed I guess I'll have to wait for next generation.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    I wonder if troll freak would ever program fake pokemon into the game for code breakers to discover, only to punish those people by never releasing it. Like when a Dictionary puts fake words to catch people who copy-paste to make their own dictionary.

Why is Mega Lati@s coded in XY, but nothing else?

The idea of Beedrill in OU is insane, in a good way. Beedrill Will be at least as good as mega Pinsir. T-Flame, as always, ruins an otherwise great pokemon.

Last edited:

BriCKson

Rarely comes out of Trade Corner... O.o
    Years
    Woop woop woop... mega beedrill has me excited :) Already breeding my weedles. Debating on going back to black 2 to get drill run and knock off -_-

Mega Pidgeot looks very pretty to me. I would of assumed that mega Butterfree was a given with Beedrill but maybe not...

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I knew Glalie was gonna get a Mega. I just knew it. And thank god, it looks great!!

Mega Steelix does not surprise me at all. I didn't expect it to be revealed like this, but I knew that somewhere down the line they were gonna get to it given how popular the Onix-Steelix line is/was.

Neither is Mega Pidgeot, really. It makes sense since it was the first "bird" and all.

Mega Beedrill comes as a bit of a surprise. It seems like sort of a "small potatoes" Pokémon. But it is good to see Gamefreak giving Megas to other Pokémon than the ubers like Gyarados and, well, Steelix.

I'm still holding out hope for a few others: Toxicroak, Sawsbuck, and the Johto starters.

Years
    Woop woop woop... mega beedrill has me excited :) Already breeding my weedles. Debating on going back to black 2 to get drill run and knock off -_-

Mega Pidgeot looks very pretty to me. I would of assumed that mega Butterfree was a given with Beedrill but maybe not...
    You may not need to if the rumor about Move Tutors returning is true (and chances are it is), and if those moves are apart of them.
    Damn, Drill run and Knock off Beedrill will give it great coverage to take down steels and psychics.

I hope that the Hoenn bug duo, and Swellow don't get ignored. I'll like to see what they do with Mega Dustox. Beautifly could meanwhile replace the flying type for the Fairy type and have Levitate as it's ability. Swellow can get Gale Wings and a large boost in Attack.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back