• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
    I don't like Mega Metagross. :(

They better make a Mega Salamence, to continue the trend of Pseudos getting Megas.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    This isn't about new Megas but do you think that the XY Mega stones for Pokémon in the Hoenn dex (Gyarados, Aggron, Manectric, etc.) will be available in ORAS too? I hope they are, perhaps appearing in the main game to give us more Megas to choose from for the main story compared to XY.

Years
    I hope at least some of them are available before post-game, especially Manectite. Really wanna use Mega Manectric in AS and I don't want to bother a friend to help me with trading over a Manectite. I can't see too many being given out, though--after all, in XY, the only ones that were available before post-game were the Kanto starters', Ampharosite, Lucarionite, Blazikenite (if you got the event), Gengarite, and Aerodactylite. That's seven Mega Stones (eight if you count Blazikenite). Still, since there are many Gen. III Pokemon plus some available Gen. I/II Pokemon with Megas, it's possible more could be found.

Years
    I can see the rest popping up post game as a result of the quakes from the mascot (actually Sky Pillar became available (well the in story explanation) due to that in RS) produces as the in game explanation.
    Maybe the added Pokémon will be those that got Megas in XY minus the Kanto and Mewtwo ones...and we can get the majority of the stones in ORAS. Pinsir and Heracross were available in the Emerald Safari so those may return for ORAS.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    Yeah, I hope we can get some of the XY Mega Stones in ORAS. As I can't trade and can only use PokéBank to transfer my Pokémon between games, I won't be able to use the other Mega's in ORAS otherwise.

Years
    Yeah, and I don't want to bother a friend to help me transfer them all over (unless they need help too then it'll be a fair exchange).

Maybe even the Mewtwo and Kanto mascot Mega stones will be available for sell post game too. I wouldn't mind them being exclusive to XY though. Well...if Steven does have Charizard X on him maybe he'll give us it's Mega stone...

Years
    ......Actually, I forgot that Steven had a Mega Charizard X. I wonder how that's going to come into play given how he has MegaGross now. It does make sense for him to have more than one Mega since he's investigating Mega Evolution, but it seems odd that he'd have two--and one not even being the type he specializes in. It's possible the page was mistranslated or the information relayed was misread; on Serebii it says he "appears to have a Mega Charizard X", so it may be that he really doesn't have one after all.

Years
    I think his Charizard X was for demo purposes. If he does have one...wait could the Kanto starters be in the dex? Why haven't I thought about this before? No one has ever demoed a Pokémon not in the dex...I'll rather the Johto Megas instead of the Kanto starters appearing again. I sure hope that demonstration will be replaced with a Mega Aggron.

He might have more as I read that 'Mega Metagross is one of the Megas' or something along those lines, meaning he may have more, if the translator did their work correctly that is.

Years
    Great. If Mega Metagross gets tough claws and keeps the same type, it STILL won't be good. Not unless Aegislash gets banned(Its the next suspect test). Really, I'm disappointed with most of the new egas they've revealed. I mean, Mega Metagross might be good in UU, but eh.
    I really don't like how from what I can tell, they have messed up with Mega Sableye.

I have a theory that Sableye might be in both games now, along with Mawile. Which would allow them to have Sableye Omega and Alpha, hence the reason it has a ruby......

Years
    It's confirmed to be Psychic/Steel still. We shouldn't jump to conclusions, also UU seems too far down for it...
    Doesn't Metagross have access to Shadow Claw. It could help it destory ghost and psychic types with it, especially if it does have Tough Claws as it'll be more powerful. Also a Tough Claws boosted Bullet Punch is bound to hurt...

Years
    A 700 BST Mega Mon with a supposed increase in Speed and Attack (the latter already being very good) and a supposed good Ability? There's no way in heck it'll be UU.

Also, it apparently does not have access to Shadow Claw. The best physical move it gets to deal with Psychics is Fury Cutter, which isn't all that good. Still, its moveset could be adjusted, so maybe it will get Shadow Claw o:

Years
    Eh, I think a TM like brick break would suffice.

Btw, what does UU mean?

Underused. It's the tier just below OU, while RU and NU are below UU. The added Ghost and Dark weakness made Metagross fall because there's Knock Off and Sucker Punch users running rampant in OU right now, but you know I'm hoping its Mega can get it back to the OU game should it get a useful ability which is looking likely to be Tough Claws.

A 700 BST Mega Mon with a supposed increase in Speed and Attack (the latter already being very good) and a supposed good Ability? There's no way in heck it'll be UU.

Also, it apparently does not have access to Shadow Claw. The best physical move it gets to deal with Psychics is Fury Cutter, which isn't all that good. Still, its moveset could be adjusted, so maybe it will get Shadow Claw o:

Yeah, I have to admit that with its BST it would be quite strong in UU. Fury Cutter is weak as heck but it does quad-resist Psychic moves anyway, although the problem is a good majority of Psychic-types can learn Shadow Ball which would make the resistance moot.

But I know how well it can wreck with Tough Claws, given it has a good variety of contact moves it can abuse the ability with.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Well X and Y got 26 mega evolutions. The ones we do know about that are in this game are-
    Mega- Swampert, Sceptile, Blaizeken, Latias, Latios, Metagross, Groudon, Kyogre, Mawile, Sableye, Absol, Aggron, Banette, Pinsir, Scizor, Gyarados and Gardevoir

As you can see its a ♥♥♥♥ ton of megas. So, its safe to assume we won't be getting the same amount as X and Y

My prediction for some of the more unclear megas are
    "Mega" Kyogre will be water/electric to take advantage of its weather and to give groudon some leverage
    Mega metagross will get tough claws. Its ind of obvious because gamefreak actually gave the mega claws whereas regular metagross has none

My prediction for new megas are-
    Camerupt, Sharpedo, Possibly Crawdaunt, Shiftry and Cacturne
    I can also see Glailie, Walrein or Wailord getting one

The last ones are a bit of a stretch but-
    Linoone because its probably the most buffed first road derp in the games
    Castform because its a hoenn special
    and mightyena the other most buffed first road catch

Hoenn_Waters

Is patiently waiting for ORAS
    Years
    Am I the only one who thinks Mega Evolution is not a way to shift Pokemon into higher tiers and are only there for the Pokedex, even if I don't use Smogon?

Years
    Am I the only one who thinks Mega Evolution is not a way to shift Pokemon into higher tiers and are only there for the Pokedex, even if I don't use Smogon?

Not sure what you mean by that. If it's in order to add more Pokemon to the Pokedex in Kalos, then I'm not sure why they wouldn't give a Mega evolution to all non-Kalos native Pokemon. Mega evolutions are for multiple reasons, like making forgotten Pokemon like Mawile relevant, or satisfying fans with popular Pokemon like Gengar and Garchomp. It's not just about putting them into higher tiers, for sure. d:

Years
    Not sure what you mean by that. If it's in order to add more Pokemon to the Pokedex in Kalos, then I'm not sure why they wouldn't give a Mega evolution to all non-Kalos native Pokemon. Mega evolutions are for multiple reasons, like making forgotten Pokemon like Mawile relevant, or satisfying fans with popular Pokemon like Gengar and Garchomp. It's not just about putting them into higher tiers, for sure. d:

GF practically said what you said when describing what they look for when considering a Mega. Though, GF does seem to want some sort of balance, so the tier thing may be a goal for the weaker mons such as Mawile and Sableye, wanting them to go head to head with Pokemon that were considered among the strongest in previous generations.

Years
    Some Pokemon w/ Mega Evos. barely shifted tiers, or they didn't shift at all. Houndoom, for instance, was UU in BW, and it's now UU in XY, too (Mega Evo. included). Banette was NU and shifted up to RU, which isn't a huge change for it. It's true a majority of the Megas have gone to OU or Uber (though some of the base ones remain in OU/UU), but I agree that it isn't a way to shift mons into higher tiers. (Also, isn't the process for deciding what Pokemon go in which Smogon tiers decided by how popular the Pokemon is in a certain tier? I doubt GF pays attention to that sort of thing.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back