• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Steven is confirmed champion. Also no Mega Solrock and Mega Lunatone are just speculation as of now xD.

I wouldn't mind them having Megas. I don't recall XY saying they're rare, just that the items are hard to find.

Now what do you think the scoop will show? Johto Megas maybe? Official Mega Latis reveal?

Years
    I was browsing through Tumblr again and came across a CoroCoro scan. It reveals that Mega Diancie gets Magic Bounce as its ability, which is nice but I feel like we're getting too many Megas with that ability given we already have the Megas for Sableye and Absol.

Years
    Mega Diancie's ability confirmed

Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

They revealed that mega Diancie's ability is Magic Bounce. Same as Mega Sableye, and Mega Absol. I find this annoying how many megas use it. They could have given it Clear Body like normal diancie, Bulletproof because of the dress, Cute Charm because it has a cute dress, Healer because it is a fairy type legendary, Magic Guard, Pixelate, and various others, instead of giving it an ability no mega evolution had. Though really, it's a great ability, and it prevents toxic, will-o-wisp, or any other status move, and Diancie will be great for legendary battles.

Years
    So, apparently if you look at the Guy with the shiftery, sorry i forgot his name, he has a mega keystone on his watch.........
    The girls band on here leg is covered by the text, so that means she could have one there

Years
    I was browsing through Tumblr again and came across a CoroCoro scan. It reveals that Mega Diancie gets Magic Bounce as its ability, which is nice but I feel like we're getting too many Megas with that ability given we already have the Megas for Sableye and Absol.
    Yeah. It sort of defeats the specialness of the ability. But now maybe status problems will be used less in fear of running into them xD.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I wantec a Pokémon with Magic Bounce that actually had decent defensive stats (Espeon and Mega Absol's denfenses are terrible and Xatu's are better but still not very good) though I was hoping it wouldn't be a legendary. Anyway, I really don't think that two other Megas having the same ability is a valid reason to complain about it.

About the abilities you suggested:

Clear Body:Stat drops are uncommon except for early in the game when everthing has Growl or Tail Whip, Intimidate (which won't matter if you run a special set) and a few moves such as Shadow Ball and Moonblast which only have a chance of lowering a stat.

Bulletproof:Makes it immune to moves like Sludge Bomb and Shadow Ball which is more useful than Clear Body.

Cute Charm:Diacie is genderless so it won't do anything.

Healer:Giving a Pokémon an ability that's useless in singles with no alternative abilities isn't a good idea.

Magic Guard:A good ability for sure. Makes it immune to damage not fro attacks.

Pixilate:Diancie has no good Normal-type moves to use with Pixilate, though that could change in later games.....

I just hope they ban legendaries from Battlespot so I don't have to deal with this thing getting Magic Bounce.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Why do I get the feeling that Mega Diancie is going to outclass Mega Sableye and Mega Absol as a Magic Bounce user to its legendary status? It's bad enough that Mega Sableye outclasses Mega Absol as the better Dark type Magic Bounce user, due to the former having Prankster to cripple opponent prior to mega evolve.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Why do I get the feeling that Mega Diancie is going to outclass Mega Sableye and Mega Absol as a Magic Bounce user to its legendary status? It's bad enough that Mega Sableye outclasses Mega Absol as the better Dark type Magic Bounce user, due to the former having Prankster to cripple opponent prior to mega evolve.

It likely will, not only due to it being a legendary, but because of its great defensive stats. But it will likely be Ubers in Smogon, and it will definitely be banned in VGCs due to it being a Mirage Legendary. So even if it outclasses the likes of Sableye, they will still be viable.

I'm liking the choice of Magic Bounce on Mega Diancie. Its body is supposed to be "the most perfect, flawless crystal" or something along those lines, so it makes sense that status attacks "bounce" right off of it. It also works great in tandem with its defensive nature.

Years
    Hopefully it is ubers. I hope they boosted it's defenses more. Interesting how the first three Magic Bounce users are said to see or sense the future, while the latest two are crystal based.

Years
    Imagine Mega Diancie with 200 Def. and Sp. Def. @_@ It'd mean its other stats wouldn't get boosted, but still. It'd be pretty damn defensive. If one of the two stats were maxed out (beneficial nature, 31 IVs, and fully EV trained), it'd be at 548. It wouldn't be as defensive as Shuckle, but it has a much better HP stat and way better Attack and Special Attack.

Another possible spread could be 50/125/175/125/175/50 if they wanted to boost its offense as well; it'd make a pretty good mixed attacker with Moonblast and Diamond Storm.

Years
    That bulky. Also they could take from it's speed (it's so little) to boost it's defenses even more. Maybe they'll even give her 10 speed...now does she learn Gyro Ball?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    So, apparently if you look at the Guy with the shiftery, sorry i forgot his name, he has a mega keystone on his watch.........
    The girls band on here leg is covered by the text, so that means she could have one there

It doesn't really look like a keystone to me. It could be, but I don't know.

If Sydney, I think is his name, has a keystone or mega stone, I think that is what you mean, we can assume that the rest of the Elite 4 will have a Mega Pokemon.

If this is the case........

There are a few pokemon who could get a Mega.
    Shiftry, Dusknoir or it could just be Sableye, Glaile or Walrein, and Flygon, Altaria, or Salamence.

Note: Most of the pokemon we know that the Elite 4 has, most already have a Mega such as Absol, Banette, Sableye.

Last edited:

Years
    It doesn't really look like a keystone to me. It could be, but I don't know.

If Sydney, I think is his name, has a keystone or mega stone, I think that is what you mean, we can assume that the rest of the Elite 4 will have a Mega Pokemon.
    I wish the angle were different, it's hard to see if Sidney has one or not. The quality isn't all that great either.
    I think there's a chance he might have.

I read this on the official site: "Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire tell a grand tale that draws ever closer to the heart of the secrets behind Mega Evolution, said to be the greatest mystery of the Pokémon world!"

Sounds like we're near the climax when it comes to the story of Mega Evolution for this generation. Wonder what other secrets we'll discover. Hopefully it'll go deeper than XY did.

Last edited:
    Years
    I wish the angle were different, it's hard to see if Sidney has one or not. The quality isn't all that great either.
    I think there's a chance he might have.

If not, that's a messed up looking watch xD. I say that because it looks like a stone. It could be a bracelet, but Gamefreak is really into megas. Plus, apparently in his other pictures you can't see his "whatever it is" so you never know.

Years
    Considering the site says ORAS will get closer to the heart of Mega Evolution's secrets I think that could also mean that it'll be more common compared to XY. As more people will probably know about them in Hoenn.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
    The idea of Mega Lunatone and Solrock is really neat. I hope they get Megas since they really need the power boost. They could also be Tate and Liza's ace pokemons, and we might encounter then in the Rebattles (I doubt they'll let a gym have two Megas but who knows?)

Years
    That bulky. Also they could take from it's speed (it's so little) to boost it's defenses even more. Maybe they'll even give her 10 speed...now does she learn Gyro Ball?

Yup; Diancie can learn Gyro Ball! (Imagine it with 50 / 120 / 200 / 120 / 200 / 10, or 50 / 50 / 135 / 185 / 135 / 185 / 10 if spread equally. It'd be pretty darn tough XD)

re: current topic, I'm looking forward to how Mega Evolution will be explored in ORAS. It'd be neat if it covers more than XY, but still leaves some secrets that can be exposed in the "third" game or next generation. (Though, since Mega Evolution was introduced this gen., I have a feeling GF would want to deal with it as much as possible before hitting Gen. VII.)

Years
    Yup; Diancie can learn Gyro Ball! (Imagine it with 50 / 120 / 200 / 120 / 200 / 10, or 50 / 50 / 135 / 185 / 135 / 185 / 10 if spread equally. It'd be pretty darn tough XD)

re: current topic, I'm looking forward to how Mega Evolution will be explored in ORAS. It'd be neat if it covers more than XY, but still leaves some secrets that can be exposed in the "third" game or next generation. (Though, since Mega Evolution was introduced this gen., I have a feeling GF would want to deal with it as much as possible before hitting Gen. VII.)
    It certainly seems that way, considering ORAS get's to the closer to the heart of Mega Evolution. Likely Z will touch on it and that'll be it for the over arching arc with possibly a few tidbits in Gen VII and beyond but nothing major like in this generation.

Years
    Still feel like the main focus of ORAS will be Primal Reversion, at it is the entirely new concept, never heard of prior to the games, and is totally unknown to the player. However, Mega evolutions were heavily sought after in X and Y and an overall well-received addition, so I wouldn't be surprised if Primal Reversion is forced to share that spotlight.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
    I wonder if other legendaries apart from Kyogre and Groudon (and likely Rayquaza) would obtain Primal Reversion. I can think of the Regis who would fit the theme since they're very prehistoric.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back