• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Still feel like the main focus of ORAS will be Primal Reversion, at it is the entirely new concept, never heard of prior to the games, and is totally unknown to the player. However, Mega evolutions were heavily sought after in X and Y and an overall well-received addition, so I wouldn't be surprised if Primal Reversion is forced to share that spotlight.

They are said to be connected so they will probably over lap in
    parts of their lore. Maybe Primals are near the 'Heart'of Mega Evolutions.
    I'm starting to think that Magic Bounce may be an ability a possible Mega Shiftry may get. That or Protean.

Years
    Mega Shiftry with Protean would be very useful; it'd remove its 4x Bug weakness. Can also see it functioning as a mixed attacker, separating it from the other Protean users. (Greninja almost always runs Special sets while Kecleon (I think) almost always runs Physical sets.) Plus, making it a mixed attacker would give it plenty of options.

As for Primal Reversions, I agree that it will be touched on the most; really looking forward to seeing the explanation regarding how they're connected to Mega Evos. Can definitely see the Creation Trio receiving Primal Reversions, especially since Primal Dialga is already a thing.

Years
    Mega Shiftry with Protean would be very useful; it'd remove its 4x Bug weakness. Can also see it functioning as a mixed attacker, separating it from the other Protean users. (Greninja almost always runs Special sets while Kecleon (I think) almost always runs Physical sets.) Plus, making it a mixed attacker would give it plenty of options.

As for Primal Reversions, I agree that it will be touched on the most; really looking forward to seeing the explanation regarding how they're connected to Mega Evos. Can definitely see the Creation Trio receiving Primal Reversions, especially since Primal Dialga is already a thing.

Primal Dialga in japanese is called Dark Dialga and we all know Japan's names are more canon than our translations (I mean the games in non-Japanese languages by this). Giving Dialga a Primal though would cause some confusion in the english translations. Wonder why they didn't pick something else like 'Ancient'...for the english versions.

Years
    Hmm, that's true. And unlike Primal Groudon/Kyogre the only change Primal Dialga really had was having its light blue parts turn red. Still, the Creation Trio is pretty old (they did create the world...or rather, Palkia and Dialga did; Giratina got banished). It'd also be neat to see the fossils receive Primal Reversions, though that makes me wonder if Aerodactyl will get one since it already has a Mega.

As for ancient v. primal, primal is closer to prehistoric (the Japanese term, iirc) than ancient is in terms of definition, so maybe that's why? (Though, that means they could've just gone with "prehistoric".)

Years
    I wish that instead of a Mega 'scoop' we were getting a Primal 'scoop' next issue. I'll like to see Primal Rayquaza and even have them give the Regis them.

On topic: Maybe GF will make a Mega Kecleon. It could have Protean and get a large boost in it's attack and speed. Or maybe become more of a mix attacker similar to how Absol's Mega.

Years
    On topic: Maybe GF will make a Mega Kecleon. It could have Protean and get a large boost in it's attack and speed. Or maybe become more of a mix attacker similar to how Absol's Mega.

Kecleon can already get Protean as its Hidden Ability, so its Mega evolution having Protean wouldn't exactly by ground-breaking, haha. It's generally a forgotten Pokemon, so would be very cool to see it get a Mega and make it an actually viable option for one's team. I, for one, would be interested in using Kecleon if it got a Mega evolution. d:

Years
    Protean for Mega Kecleon would help those who can't get a regular Kecleon with its HA, though. Plus, there are some Megas whose Abilities are also available in their normal state, such as (Mega) Blaziken with Speed Boost and (Mega) Scizor with Technician. If one of their Abilities does it good, then it's good to keep it for their Mega. I'd say that'd apply to Kecleon; Protean's a fantastic Ability and would help it a lot if it got a Mega! That being said, I'd also like for it to get one, as Kecleon's always interested me but never earned a spot on my team due to my using other Pokemon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    As stated before, Primal Reversion and Mega Evolution are basically the same thing, just for legendaries. It is true that Mega Mewtwo is a Legend, but it was also created by Team Rocket right before or during RBGY which makes sense why it has a Mega.

Until we get more info, I am going to rank Mega and Primal the same thing. So we might still get Primal Rayquaza.

As for the Mega Evolution Scope thing, my guess is that we will get about the same amount as we got when Mega Evolution was first reveled. So my guess is we will get about 6 to 10 megas. It is, after all, the same month when Megas were announced.

Years
    As stated before, Primal Reversion and Mega Evolution are basically the same thing, just for legendaries. It is true that Mega Mewtwo is a Legend, but it was also created by Team Rocket right before or during RBGY which makes sense why it has a Mega.

Until we get more info, I am going to rank Mega and Primal the same thing. So we might still get Primal Rayquaza.

As for the Mega Evolution Scope thing, my guess is that we will get about the same amount as we got when Mega Evolution was first reveled. So my guess is we will get about 6 to 10 megas. It is, after all, the same month when Megas were announced.

When I first read about the 'scoop' I thought of that too. 6 is kind of a lot though. My preferences for the six (if there are six) would be
    Mega Linoone: With Speed Boost as it's ability and boosted attack and special attack
    Mega Swellow: With Pure power as it's ability and boosted speed and defenses
    Mega Kingdra: With a boost to special attack of 25, 5 for attack, and 20 for the other three. It can keep Swift Swim like how Tyranitar keeps Sand Stream
    Mega Raichu: Boosted speed and special attack.
    and Mega Salamance: With boosted speed and defenses and Tough jaws as it's ability

I'll like Mega Milotic, but maybe another issue or replace Mega Kingdra with it.

Years

How might you explain Diancie, then? It's a legendary that came about through natural means (it's a mutated Carbink), yet it has a Mega form and not a Primal form.

Back to the scoop, if it is gonna reveal new Megas, I at least want Flygon and Milotic shown. Kingdra would be nice, too, though XD

Years
    How might you explain Diancie, then? It's a legendary that came about through natural means (it's a mutated Carbink), yet it has a Mega form and not a Primal form.

Back to the scoop, if it is gonna reveal new Megas, I at least want Flygon and Milotic shown. Kingdra would be nice, too, though XD

I think only the creators of the world or helped shape it will get Primals, or it'll be weather trio only. By creators I mean (in addition to the weather trio) the Regis (who helped shape the continents) and the creation trio and Lake trio possibly.

I would like Mega Flygon too...so many Megas that could work...we may end up with as much Megas as XY by the end, if not more.

Years

I don't think we can be so sure about that. Mewtwo is still a legendary even though it was created by Team Rocket, and it's already been mentioned that Diancie is a legendary as well. Now, Primal Reversion may be exclusive to the two legendary mascots of Hoenn, Groudon and Kyogre, but that still doesn't mean they're the same thing for legendaries.

Years
    I don't think we can be so sure about that. Mewtwo is still a legendary even though it was created by Team Rocket, and it's already been mentioned that Diancie is a legendary as well. Now, Primal Reversion may be exclusive to the two legendary mascots of Hoenn, Groudon and Kyogre, but that still doesn't mean they're the same thing for legendaries.

Mewtwo wasn't created by Team Rocket in the games, none of the Kanto or Johto games either confirmed that, so it's only movie canon. We do know Fuji was involved in the cloning though.

Anyways I think Rayquaza will get one too. Maybe the Regis. Hopefully the September, October, or November releases will tell (I don't think the August release would as they have the Mega scoop and the Pikachu costumes as their big scoop and Primals deserve to be the big scoop of their issue tbh).

On topic: I'll like to get a rough number or a clue of how many Megas they're going to be in these games next issue (the August release).

Btw we still don't have any confirmation on Mega Metagross' ability? I haven't heard anything.

Years
    Btw we still don't have any confirmation on Mega Metagross' ability? I haven't heard anything.

I'm surprised about that tbh. I would've thought now that CoroCoro's out someone would've updated us with info. on its Ability. On GameFAQs, someone posted this image:

Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Since it's the same low quality image required a few days back, it's still not entirely confirmed.

EDIT: Although, I have to admit, I can sort of make out the Kana a little and it -does- look like the same Kana for Tough Claws...

Years
    I'm surprised about that tbh. I would've thought now that CoroCoro's out someone would've updated us with info. on its Ability. On GameFAQs, someone posted this image:

Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Since it's the same low quality image required a few days back, it's still not entirely confirmed.

EDIT: Although, I have to admit, I can sort of make out the Kana a little and it -does- look like the same Kana for Tough Claws...
    Tomorrow the official site should update. Hopefully it'll confirm that, but it does look like that it. Not surprised seeing it has all those sharp, tough looking claws.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Guys just a quick reminder, this thread is here to discuss the Mega Pokémon. So discussion on Primal Pokémon (unless comparing them to megas or something similar), is best kept to relevant threads such as this. Primal Pokémon are similar to Mega Evolved Pokémon, however these Pokémon are brought back to their "Primal" state through a process called Primal Reversion. Just a quick heads up to those who are discussing them here, this is just for Mega Evolution discussion. Thanks guys!

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
    According to serebii, mega meta gross indeed has tough claw. He also gain a great increase in speed and also additional increase in attack, defense, sp attack, and sp def. They also reveal that mega diancie gain a increase in speed, attack and sp attack, but a reduction in its defenses.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    According to serebii, mega meta gross indeed has tough claw. He also gain a great increase in speed and also additional increase in attack, defense, sp attack, and sp def. They also reveal that mega diancie gain a increase in speed, attack and sp attack, but a reduction in its defenses.

That stat boost in all stats but HP is pretty much what Metagross needed, IMO, as it got shafted in Gens V-VI, due to power creep and nerfs to Steel and Meteor Mash.

I was also surprised that Mega Diancie got stronger and faster at the cost of defenses upon Mega Evolution.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back