• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Hopefully they don't put any stones in the opposite version we can find a Pokémon like they did with Houndoom-Manectric, and Aggron-Tyranitar in XY.

I hope we get some exclusive Megas announced as part of the scoop (we should get leaks by late next week).

KamikazeSSoH

Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi
    Years
    Mega Evolution of the awesome dog that i forgot the name. its Mightyena ? i think

That dog was the thing back in the day
    I Remember that my friends and i in brazil the only game that was to buy was Ruby one of my lucky friends got Sapphire and everyone got crazy i bought the game from him for like 20 Reais in the time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mega Evolution of the awesome dog that i forgot the name. its Mightyena ? i think

That dog was the thing back in the day
    I Remember that my friends and i in brazil the only game that was to buy was Ruby one of my lucky friends got Sapphire and everyone got crazy i bought the game from him for like 20 Reais in the time.

I'd love them to introduce Mega-Mightyena to us! This is a very underrated Pokémon, arguably; if they give it some mega-form along with some stats boost, ability change, and so forth, I'm sure people would be utilizing it more, and it would finally be able to climb up the ladder. Personally, I'd love to see that, as it's one of my most favorite generation three Pokémon. It might seem average, but that's what actually makes me like it.

Years
    Grass/Fire Mega would be so rad, Sunflora would certainly fit that. Unfortunately not many Hoenn grass type Pokemon would be able to fit that because they're all intended to live in a rain forest, more inclined towards the water element.

Years
    Grass/Fire Sunflora would be lovely, especially considering how much love it doesn't get due to its type and stats. Heck, a Grass/Fire type--Mega or not--would be neat to see XD I could maybe see the typing go to Cacturne's Mega if it were to receive one. After all, Cacnea are found in the desert and are based on cacti (as are Cacturne). It'd also help with Cacturne's 4x weakness to Bug and its weakness to Fairy--by gaining the Fire type and losing its Dark type, it'll have STAB super effective damage against Bugs and resist Bug and Fairy attacks. Still, Grass/Dark is also pretty fitting for Cacturne, especially since it's also based on a scarecrow. If it gained a Mega Evolution, it'd probably keep its Dark typing.

Years
    Grass/Fire Mega would be so rad, Sunflora would certainly fit that. Unfortunately not many Hoenn grass type Pokemon would be able to fit that because they're all intended to live in a rain forest, more inclined towards the water element.

Well rain forests are also known for their immense heat (hence why I think GF purposely made Hoenn tropical as it's the biome heat and wetness come together in a dramatic way, or perhaps it was the other way around with the legends being made to reflect the tropical biome). Though I do agree, I can't see any Hoenn pokemon becoming Grass/Fire. Now since Sunflora was available in Emerald's safari expansion perhaps it'll get a Mega where it's stone is post game only.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I still believe in Mega Blazken Alpha.
    Speaking of Alpha , The phrase Alpha use to descried the leader of a Peck .
    So , There could ''Alpha Megevolution'' that only few Pokemon with specific level are capable off.
    You know , I was imaging some stone fall from the sky as Meteorite that can Megevolve some Pokemon as ''Celestial'' type Pokemon ! A new type that does not exist on Earth.

Mightyena may be better with a normal evolution then that evolution getting a Mega...

Does anyone expect Mega Minun and Mega Plusle to be announced next week?

I want Mightyena to have normal evolution instate of Megevolution.
    A 1.9 tall Wolf would be really marketable.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I still believe in Mega Blazken Alpha.
    Speaking of Alpha , The phrase Alpha use to descried the leader of a Peck .
    So , There could ''Alpha Megevolution'' that only few Pokemon with specific level are capable off.

Could you elaborate on whatever you're talking about?

Years
    Don't see Mightyena or Linoone receiving Megas, they just aren't worth the upgrade unfortunately. Not sure how much of a niche they could get. Maybe Linoone acquiring an electric typing or something minor like a new ability, but unlikely nonetheless.

Years
    Don't see Mightyena or Linoone receiving Megas, they just aren't worth the upgrade unfortunately. Not sure how much of a niche they could get. Maybe Linoone acquiring an electric typing or something minor like a new ability, but unlikely nonetheless.

Aren't Megas suppose to help Pokemon that are deemed weak to become stronger? a Mega Mightyena could get huge power like Mega Mawile and be very useful.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Could you elaborate on whatever you're talking about?
    I think he's saying that Blaziken should get a second Mega Evolution (like Charizard), and call one "Mega Blaziken Alpha" and the other "Mega Blaziken Omega".

Or something like that.

Years
    If they do make another Mega Blaziken I would hope that it'll be more defensive than the current Mega Blaziken, also have special attack as it's best stat. As for an ability it can have speed boost too (after all both Clamperl's normal evolutions have swift Swim as an ability, so two Megas of the same mon could have the same ability without seeming too out of place).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back