• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    re: Mega Mightyena, I know a lot of people want one, but I can't see it happening. Just because a Pokemon's weak doesn't mean it has a higher chance of receiving a Mega; plenty of "powerful" Pokemon (including legendaries and pseudo-legends) have received them. Plus, it seems like Megas go to more uncommon/rare Pokemon--ones that aren't found in too many places, even in Trainer battles. Poochyena and Mightyena are pretty common, and are one of the most used Pokemon on Team Magma and Team Aqua XD I'm not saying that common Pokemon don't have a chance of receiving Megas, just that it seems less likely. It's a similar deal with Linoone.

Of course, there's always the possibility of Mightyena and Linoone receiving a boost in at least one of they stats, but I feel that such would've been done in XY, so chances of it happening are rather slim.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    re: Mega Mightyena, I know a lot of people want one, but I can't see it happening. Just because a Pokemon's weak doesn't mean it has a higher chance of receiving a Mega; plenty of "powerful" Pokemon (including legendaries and pseudo-legends) have received them. Plus, it seems like Megas go to more uncommon/rare Pokemon--ones that aren't found in too many places, even in Trainer battles. Poochyena and Mightyena are pretty common, and are one of the most used Pokemon on Team Magma and Team Aqua XD I'm not saying that common Pokemon don't have a chance of receiving Megas, just that it seems less likely. It's a similar deal with Linoone.

Of course, there's always the possibility of Mightyena and Linoone receiving a boost in at least one of they stats, but I feel that such would've been done in XY, so chances of it happening are rather slim.
    That's kind of depressing...as it'll mean that Crobat will likely not get a Mega either if that's the case :(
    Hey Crobat is a part of the regional dex. Maybe it'll get a Mega if they give them to common mons too.

Years
    Like I said, it just seems less likely for more common Pokemon to receive a Mega, so Mega Crobat's still possible XD Look at Magikarp: it's one of the most common Pokemon found fishing, and its evo. received a Mega. (On a cynical note, Gyara could've received one simply because it's popular.) The base/first stage forms of the other Megas aren't found in many places--even in older games--and/or are elusive (such as Abra). I doubt GF's only trying to go for those sort of Pokemon, as then it'd be unfair to others, but at the same time, none of the Pidgey/Rattata clones have Megas as of yet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I think he's saying that Blaziken should get a second Mega Evolution (like Charizard), and call one "Mega Blaziken Alpha" and the other "Mega Blaziken Omega".

Or something like that.

I suppose that could work. Blaziken's quite well-known on its own, and if they had given Charizard two mega-forms due to popularity (or so I've heard), I suppose they could do the same with this. Personally, I'd really like it, as I'm a huge fan of this Pokémon. Would be pretty intriguing to see what they're able to come up with, too!

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    Haven't posted here, in a bit. But hey!

If we get a Mega Crobat, I would want it to get either Adaptibility or Gale Wings. Also, perhaps it could get boosts to all its Physical presence, and Speed, while getting slight decreases in its Special presence. I'm inclined to Physical, because it learns Poison Fang and Cross Poison via level. It also has access to Brave Bird, Acrobatics, and Wing Attack, if it gets Gale Wings.

Also having a Mega Crobat would be cool. Maybe it grows extra wings, it pallet becomes a more menacing purple or become black, and it gets large fangs, becoming more of a Vampire.

Crobatite sounds awesome too.

Years
    Ten days until the official release of Corocoro, meaning we'll likely get leaks on the 8-10th so 6-8 days until we see what this scoop is about. I think we're getting six Megas. If I had to guess I'll say they'll be the Latis (official reveal), Sharpedo, Camerupt, Shiftry, and Ludicolo.

DJTiki

Years
    Ten days until the official release of Corocoro, meaning we'll likely get leaks on the 8-10th so 6-8 days until we see what this scoop is about. I think we're getting six Megas. If I had to guess I'll say they'll be the Latis (official reveal), Sharpedo, Camerupt, Shiftry, and Ludicolo.

I really hope they give Cacturne, justice. I love that scarecrow xD.

DJTiki

Years
    Perhaps Crawdaunt could get a Mega too? I saw the two as counterparts to one another.

I always saw the two, as counterparts as well. Having crappy defenses(although Crawdaunt has a decent Defense) but attack to hold up. Of course, Crawdaunt is very slow. So maybe when it evolves, it gains a massive Speed and Special Defensive boost. Also getting a slight decrease to its Attack and boosts to its Special Attack, becoming more well-rounded.

I'm not sure if it should keep Adaptibility though.

Years
    I heard a rumor that Megas Zangoose and Seviper along with two other "notable" Pokemon would be announced. Obviously, it's a rumor, so it shouldn't be completely believed, but there have been instances where "rumors" turned out to be true. (Also, it could explain why Zangoose and Seviper are shown on the official page? I know they're version exclusives, but they don't show Shiftry and Ludicolo.)

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    My final guesses for August CoroCoro:
    Mega Latis, Mega Sharpedo, Mega Camerupt.
    Mega Shiftry, Mega Ludicolo, Mega Salamence, Mega Serviper, Mega Zangoose.
    Mega Dusknoir, Mega Milotic, Mega Flygon.

Bold are those definitely going to making a debut, while those in italics are the ones which I doubt will happen, but remain hopeful. The rest are like 50-50.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    There is a way for all Starter to have Megevolution in Gen VI !
    Simply if Omaga Ruby give off Jotho Starter & Alpha Sapphire give off Sinnoh starter then 4 region starter will receive megevolution by the time ORAS come out .
    So if XY remake give off Kalo & Unova starter then all starter will have megevolution.

I'm interested in Mega Infernape ! Will it be based on Monkey king Or DBZ character ? Monkey King does obtained Buddha-hood at the end of ''Journey to the East'' .

blue

gucci
    Years
    Can't believe we will be getting CoroCoro next week! Only seems like last week when the other Megas were reveled. In terms of what I'm expecting, I'd say Mega Flygon, Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt at the least.

DJTiki

Years
    My guesses are:
    Mega Lati
    Mega Sharpedo
    Mega Camerupt
    Mega Shifty
    Mega Cacturne
    Mega Crawdaunt

I can't wait for the leaks :3 It's gonna be good.

Years
    There is a way for all Starter to have Megevolution in Gen VI !
    Simply if Omaga Ruby give off Jotho Starter & Alpha Sapphire give off Sinnoh starter then 4 region starter will receive megevolution by the time ORAS come out .
    So if XY remake give off Kalo & Unova starter then all starter will have megevolution.

I'm interested in Mega Infernape ! Will it be based on Monkey king Or DBZ character ? Monkey King does obtained Buddha-hood at the end of ''Journey to the East'' .

They have both Johto and Sinnoh/Unova in ORAS like how HgSs had two two other region's starter sets. Cynthia could give us the Sinnoh starters too :3. Meanwhile Z or sequels to XY can have the remaining group plus give Megas to their own starters.

Years
    Z will probably contain another starter set of Megas, because at this point I believe they're all going to get a Mega at some point. In ORAS I seriously doubt other starters will get a Mega evolution.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    I could see them giving you a Sinnoh Starter, but their Mega Stones and the actual Mega's not turning up until the next game.

In terms of CoroCoro, all I want is Mega Tropius! Make it happen, please?!

Years
    Z will probably contain another starter set of Megas, because at this point I believe they're all going to get a Mega at some point. In ORAS I seriously doubt other starters will get a Mega evolution.

The Johto starters may reappear as a gift for completing the dex like in Emerald. Them having their Mega stones on them will make them more worth the work of completing the dex (though it'll be easier to do than Kalos'...unless they increase it by 200 or so, but I doubt it'll the increase will be that big). Maybe the scoop we're getting next week will actually involve the Mega Johto starters :3. After all they already showed the Champ so them showing off post game things wouldn't be too much to ask at this point :).

I do think that GF may hold off on Mega Sinnoh and Unova starters until DP remakes for the former, and BW remakes for the latter. Since Kanto already got their remakes we got to see their Megas in XY, so now would be the perfect time to see Johto's get theirs in ORAS. So then the Kalos Megas can shine (and we'll likely see the return of the Kanto Megas so two pair of Mega starters each).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back