• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well, clearly they said not all pokemon can mega evolve. Right now, i'm thinking of which Sinnoh forms of Johto, Kanto, and Hoenn pokemon can mega evolve. I know that XY did not introduce megas for advanced pokemon like some Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos. Now that ORAS is introducing Unova megas. Lets talk about which pokemon like Togekiss will get mega evolutions.

First, Gallade is the most likely. Mawile got a mega in XY, Sableye in ORAS, now Gallade looks to complete the set.

Next, I can see Porygon-Z getting one as well. It stands out the most.

Picking one from Johto is tricky, theres lots of good ones like Gliscor, Togekiss, Weavile, and Mamoswine. Anyone got an idea?

What do you mean by advanced Pokemon? Also they did introduce Sinnoh Megas in XY (Garchomp, and Abamasnow).

I brought up Ambipom earlier. Another Sinnoh evolution is of course Gallade (which you mentioned), Porygon Z will be interesting (I hope it stops glitching). I think there's a slight chance Mamoswine could get a Primal.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Advanced as in pokemon from Unova, Kalos, and Sinnoh's forms for pokemon in Gen 1-3 such as Gallade. These are pokemon excluded from megas in X & Y.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mega-Mismagius would be pretty cool! Design-wise, perhaps they could give this Pokémon a broom, and have her grow some more of a human-like body? This way, I'd imagine it to resemble witches a lot more, which they were aiming for, I suppose, when they were creating her? As far as stats go, boost in Speed would be nice, even though it's a lot fast by itself, as well as Special Attack and Defense. For ability, I'm not too sure on that. It'd be super beneficial, I believe, if they had given her something that would raise its Sp. Attack stat every time it had taken down an opponent, sort of like Moxie.

Years
    Mega-Mismagius would be pretty cool! Design-wise, perhaps they could give this Pokémon a broom, and have her grow some more of a human-like body? This way, I'd imagine it to resemble witches a lot more, which they were aiming for, I suppose, when they were creating her? As far as stats go, boost in Speed would be nice, even though it's a lot fast by itself, as well as Special Attack and Defense. For ability, I'm not too sure on that. It'd be super beneficial, I believe, if they had given her something that would raise its Sp. Attack stat every time it had taken down an opponent, sort of like Moxie.

I think it should keep Levitate, and simply become Ghost/Fairy. That will give it an immunity to Ground, Fighting, Normal, and Dragon type moves :3 (so long as it's not a Pokemon with Scrappy).

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    I expect Mega Salamence to have 155 attack because 165 would be too much. Every pokemon who gets a mega gets at least 20 more attack or sp. atk. Now take a look at Salamence compared to Kangaskhan.

Mega Salamence: 155 Atk 100 Spd Ability:Aerilate
    Return: 132 atk w/ STAB (Flying)
    Dbl Edge: 156 atk w/ STAB (Flying)
    Thrash: 156 atk w/ STAB (Flying)
    Dragon Claw: 80 atk w/ STAB (Dragon)

Then when you factor in Dragon Dance... Well its even worse then Kangaskhan

Mega Kangaskhan: 187 atk w/Parental Bond 100 Spd
    Sucker Punch: 80 atk w/o STAB (Dark)
    Power-Up Punch: 40 atk w/o STAB (Fighting)
    Earthquake: 80 atk w/o STAB (Ground)
    Return: 102 atk w/ STAB (Normal)

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2014
    Still baffled by the decision to "waste" a Mega Slot on Audino of all things. I'm just hoping that Breloom gets one.

Years
    I wanted a real evolution to Audino...
    Speaking of clones of Kanto mons. I wonder if Rhyperior will get a Mega. Since RSE I've seen Aggron as the counterpart to the Pokémon it's likely an expy of. Rhyhorn even gained an evolution in Gen IV, and has armor. Maybe Mega Rhyperior can be pure Ground and have Solid Rock as it's ability (which normal Rhyperior can have already).

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Yes to Mega Mismagius! One of my favourite Sinnoh Pokemon. <33 I like the Witch idea, I'd imagine her bottom half dress part flaring out more and getting longer and more ragged, and getting Darkrai-type legs. Her orbs becoming a more haunting blue colour and the middle one getting a lot bigger and her hat becoming a lot bigger.

And as for her wand, I'd imagine just something like Delphox's wand floating around her and being able to command it with Psychic attacks and obviously being changed to Ghost/Fairy with a big boost to Special Attack, a minor boost to special defense and the rest in defense and speed.

Years
    I was looking at a video of the items in XY that are unrelease/didn't make the cut and noticed that the Latiosite is blue and purple, and the Latiasite is red and purple. Now this would seem to be perfectly normal, but if you look at the other Mega stones the colors on the stones are based off the color scheme of the Mega, not the Pokemon that goes through the Mega. Now this make me think that GF will indeed recolor parts of Mega Latios blue, and parts of Mega Latias red to fit with their Mega stone's colors like all the rest.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    You mean Son Goku (the same person Goku from Dragon Ball s based off)? Maybe it will have it's legs crossed (like Alakazam) and look as if it's meditating. Perhaps even get a type shift to Fire/Psychic.

Well , I like to see him creating a cloud to fly on !
    Like the Money king who use to fly using a Cloud . Goku (DBZ) use to do the same thing.

Years
    My ORAS wish list?

Mega Cloyster
    Mega Exeggutor
    Mega Xatu
    Mega Glalie

Considering Slowbro is getting one I think Cloyster should too...maybe it'll have an extended part of the shell that resembles the Shellder on Slowbro.

Mega Exeggutor should be a large palm tree with the coconuts turning into vines, and only one of them remaining (serving as the face). It could have the ability Bullet Proof.

Mega Xatu can the same ability as Absol, Diancie, and Sableye.
    Mega Glalie should gain the dark type (or the steel type) and gain an impressive ability like Sheer Force (which will boost it's Blizzards and Ice Beams as they have the secondary effect of Freezing). Or perhaps even Pure Power.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Mega Glalie should gain the dark type (or the steel type) and gain an impressive ability like Sheer Force (which will boost it's Blizzards and Ice Beams as they have the secondary effect of Freezing). Or perhaps even Pure Power.

I'd actually rather Glalie gained either Dark or Rock as a secondary type or just let it keep its pure Ice typing. They should keep Ice/Steel for an entirely new Pokémon. I hate it when they throw away unique typings on different forms of another already-existing Pokémon, like they did with Rotom. Its like throwing away possible ideas for new Pokémon.

Anyway, in regards to Johto Pokémon that really should get Megas, my vote goes to the following:

Mega Meganium - Type: Grass/Fairy; Ability: Pixilate or Flower Gift
    Mega Typhlosion - Type: Fire/Electric (they already threw that away on Heat Rotom, so whatever); Ability: Flame Body
    Mega Feraligatr - Type: Water/Fighting or Water/Dragon; Ability: Hydration or Heatproof
    Mega Skarmory - Type: Steel/Flying or just Steel; Ability: Motor Drive or Levitate (if just Steel type)

Years
    I'd actually rather Glalie gained either Dark or Rock as a secondary type or just let it keep its pure Ice typing. They should keep Ice/Steel for an entirely new Pokémon. I hate it when they throw away unique typings on different forms of another already-existing Pokémon, like they did with Rotom. Its like throwing away possible ideas for new Pokémon.

Anyway, in regards to Johto Pokémon that really should get Megas, my vote goes to the following:

Mega Meganium - Type: Grass/Fairy; Ability: Pixilate or Flower Gift
    Mega Typhlosion - Type: Fire/Electric (they already threw that away on Heat Rotom, so whatever); Ability: Flame Body
    Mega Feraligatr - Type: Water/Fighting or Water/Dragon; Ability: Hydration or Heatproof
    Mega Skarmory - Type: Steel/Flying or just Steel; Ability: Motor Drive or Levitate (if just Steel type)

Rock? That seems out of place for it tbh.

Motor Drive Mega Skarmory seems like it'll be deadly... I don't think it'll be weak to anything if that happens.

I'll prefer Fire/Ground for Typholosion.
    Also Water/Dark for Feraligtr if it's not Water/Dragon. Btw Heat proof will be a waste (especially if Water/Dragon) on it as unlike Sceptile's Lightning rod it doesn't absorb the attack and get a boost from it. Sheer Force will benefit it greatly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back