• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    You guys saw the leak of Mega Diancie and Metagross in battle ?

Personally, I'm hoping for those:
    1. Mega-Mightyena Dark / Fairy ( I mean, if Granbull is a fairy so can Mightyena! Its one of the cuter dark type as well. And in addition to a speed and attack boost, it would need a good defensive buff to be relevant, which the fairy type would add by shifting nearly all of its weaknesses around! Except the fairy weakness. )
    2. Mega-Tropius
    3. Mega-Walrein
    4. Mega-Wailord
    5. Mega-Lanturn
    6. Mega-Arcanine
    7. Mega-Flygon (I put it lower, because I'm sure its coming..)
    8. Mega-Camerupt(same as above)

For Granbull it's because his line was in the Fairy egg group mostly.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    You guys saw the leak of Mega Diancie and Metagross in battle ?

What leak? Is this a new leak? If so no. If it's old than likely yes, and I just don't recall.

Speaking of Granbull I'll like for it to be Fairy/Dark too if it get's a Mega. It can look more sinister, while looking more fairy like at the same time. Plus it's Fairy typing will neutralize Bug, and Fighting so it'll only gain one weakness, which just so happens to be Fairy itself. It can get Strong Jaws.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    What leak? Is this a new leak? If so no. If it's old than likely yes, and I just don't recall.

Speaking of Granbull I'll like for it to be Fairy/Dark too if it get's a Mega. It can look more sinister, while looking more fairy like at the same time. Plus it's Fairy typing will neutralize Bug, and Fighting so it'll only gain one weakness, which just so happens to be Fairy itself. It can get Strong Jaws.

Well it show the bike videos near the end but at the beginning it show Mega Diancie using multiple moves then Mega Metagross. The rest is showing the capture exp and Pichu evolving with the bikes footages.

Years
    Well it show the bike videos near the end but at the beginning it show Mega Diancie using multiple moves then Mega Metagross. The rest is showing the capture exp and Pichu evolving with the bikes footages.

Oh yes, I've seen it. I mostly paid attention to the part about Fortree though.

Speaking of Mega Diancie I get a feeling it'll function like a completely different Pokemon from normal Diancie given it's stat redistribution plus the additional 100 boost.

Years
    That's true, but still. Its pretty intimidating with its huge fangs and etc.. Well, compared to other fairies, it does stand out.

But the main idea is just to finally give Mightyena a good buff, because they've been going back and forth with their tweaks over several gen now. And Gen 6 didn't give it a stat boost like a lot of pokemons. Finding it a niche would be cool, and that sounded promising.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    That's true, but still. Its pretty intimidating with its huge fangs and etc.. Well, compared to other fairies, it does stand out.

But the main idea is just to finally give Mightyena a good buff, because they've been going back and forth with their tweaks over several gen now. And Gen 6 didn't give it a stat boost like a lot of pokemons. Finding it a niche would be cool, and that sounded promising.

But it just doesn't make sense. Mightyena has absolutely no connection to Fairies at all, like, in any way. I understand you want it to give it an edge but it.

But heck, anything could happen.

Years

I would really love to see a Mega Mightyena too, not really for the competitive side of the coin (wich would still be a nice added bonus to increase variety and choice if made decently viable), but because it's one of my alltime favourites in the pokemon series ^^
    I think it could turn out awesome looking too to be honest {XD}

Another Mega-Evolution I would like to see would be Mega Milotic

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    I can see Camerupt, Sharpedo, Zangoose, Seviper, & Milotic getting mega evolutions (especially because plenty of them have shown up on the official website without their mega evolutions, they'll probably reveal them soon)

Flygon is another viable Mega Evolution, maybe Solrock and Lunatone too. I don't know how many they'll do though because they might go overboard with the mega-evo thing.

I recently discovered a CoroCoro leak of a Mega Drapion, it looked rather nice.

I could also see the Johto Starters getting Mega Evolutions in the remakes too, because in Emerald Prof. Birch gives the player one of the three Johto Region starters when they complete the Hoenn Pokedex. I know it was in Emerald but it could be an added feature to OR/AS, just like many features from Pokemon Crystal made it into HG/SS, as well as starters from previous games being available after the player defeated Red.

What do you think?:)

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023

I think the best way to give the Mightyena line a good buff would be to give it a regular evolution as opposed to a Mega Evolution.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm open to Mega-Mightyena, personally. The Pokémon's very underrated. Its stats aren't very high, so for many, it goes unappreciated, which is understandable, but if it does get some mega-form at some point in future, that will be fixed, hopefully. With that, Mightyena might finally get some chance to climb up the ladder. I suppose it doesn't absolutely need it, but would be nice to see it actually shine for once.

Years
    But it just doesn't make sense. Mightyena has absolutely no connection to Fairies at all, like, in any way. I understand you want it to give it an edge but it.

But heck, anything could happen.

That's true.
    But now that you mention this.. From the side games, anime, comics, and those "Pokemon:chamo-chamo pretty" comics, I always had the feeling that Poochyena/Mightyena were somewhat often represented as being different than most other dark types.

That doesn't necessarily mean its automatically a fairy trait though.

For example, in PMD:EoS there's team poochy, which are literally chasing outlaws only, and acting pretty naive. While the other dark types in other teams like weavile, or murkrow are all in for the treasure and etc.. Mightyena's idle speech is literally "I will obey any order! It's my duty to serve and protect you!".
    In Pokemon:chamo-chamo pretty, Mightyena is.. well.. pretty much the nicest character in the book.. xD

Of course it could be the people who made those things that deviated from what GF had in mind, but there's a certain consistency between all of them.

I'm just saying that, there's probably some material/justifications to think of a secondary type for it, fairy or otherwise that would be worth it.

I would really love to see a Mega Mightyena too, not really for the competitive side of the coin (wich would still be a nice added bonus to increase variety and choice if made decently viable), but because it's one of my alltime favourites in the pokemon series ^^
    I think it could turn out awesome looking too to be honest {XD}

Another Mega-Evolution I would like to see would be Mega Milotic

Well glad to see others that want to see it as well ! :D

I like the competitive aspect this gen more than I did before. It just feels more accessible, and less of something reserved to the hardcore. And being able to get more use out of mightyena would be a big plus for me personally! But I also like the more lore/story and battle potential of having it mega-evolve during the single player game!

And there's definitely potential to make something really neat looking!

I'm pretty sure they'll give milotic something! Its very popular, and its pretty much Wallace's signature pokemon. And even though he's not the champion in this game, what appears to be his daughter can mega-evolve her Altaria.. So, I'd really wouldn't see why his daughter could while dealing in pokemon contest, when he deals both in contests and in pokemon battles.

I think the best way to give the Mightyena line a good buff would be to give it a regular evolution as opposed to a Mega Evolution.

I thought about that as well, but its been literally 3 gen that they're not doing all that much about it, and they seem to be all about megas right now.. So really anything works for me. Besides, some pokes work really well with a mega and not a real evo. I mean, its not like it would really miss not using items, given it hardly had much use for them besides speed and attack boosting items, and those would be already improved by a mega evo.

Mightyena always felt to be the counterpart of Houndoom in gen 3.

I hear a lot of people say that, but I'm not sure why.. Houndoom is pretty different. It got a secondary typing, is a special attacker, has higher stats, is found later in the game. The only thing I can think of, is that they both have a little "dog" in them. Mightyena slightly less so.

I'd see a counterpart to Houndoom as a Dark/Water dog-like pokrmon, with physical attacks mainly.

I'm open to Mega-Mightyena, personally. The Pokémon's very underrated. Its stats aren't very high, so for many, it goes unappreciated, which is understandable, but if it does get some mega-form at some point in future, that will be fixed, hopefully. With that, Mightyena might finally get some chance to climb up the ladder. I suppose it doesn't absolutely need it, but would be nice to see it actually shine for once.

I never really understood what they were trying to do with those stats. Usually they try to balance them around to face some pokemon they should be facing, type wise and etc.. In this case, its slower than most psychics and ghosts, has less sp def to tough out special attack.. I guess they might have not gotten their coffee the day they wrote its stats down xD

And I agree with you that its unappreciated/underrated.. This gen I even stumbled on mentors and other respectable people in the smogon forums actually defending its usefulness in RU and NU.. Which I never saw before.. Most people think its literally a Raticate clone, but, they actually didn't put all its bst in its speed, and moxie, sucker punch, and play rough are its saving grace.

Its just that, its pretty finicky right now, and not very solid, and it doesn't pack enough of a punch out of the box for using well the weak moves the dark type offers.. And the weak moves they allowed it to learn.. It needs a lot of support and can't be switched in just anytime.. And the 3v3 formats and doubles makes moxie much less useful..

I just hope Gamefreak is going to do something for the power creep from giving megas to all those pseudo legends, and etc.. I mean, its pretty much literally the first gen that Mightyena is actually usable with decent results. And, all those megas are getting waaaayy too thick and waaayy too common for them not being an issue..

How about Mega Linoone? Or Mega Swellow? Chances are those two will never get normal evolutions.

I'd like Mega-Linoone ! Its my favorite out of the "rodents pokemon" (for a lack of better terms).
    Mega-Swellow too!
    Its would have been nice if it could have had 3 stages of evolution.. I've always felt like most pokes in Hoenn were squishier than in other regions, and evolved less.. I always wondered why.. :/

Years
    That's true.
    But now that you mention this.. From the side games, anime, comics, and those "Pokemon:chamo-chamo pretty" comics, I always had the feeling that Poochyena/Mightyena were somewhat often represented as being different than most other dark types.

That doesn't necessarily mean its automatically a fairy trait though.

For example, in PMD:EoS there's team poochy, which are literally chasing outlaws only, and acting pretty naive. While the other dark types in other teams like weavile, or murkrow are all in for the treasure and etc.. Mightyena's idle speech is literally "I will obey any order! It's my duty to serve and protect you!".
    In Pokemon:chamo-chamo pretty, Mightyena is.. well.. pretty much the nicest character in the book.. xD

Of course it could be the people who made those things that deviated from what GF had in mind, but there's a certain consistency between all of them.

I'm just saying that, there's probably some material/justifications to think of a secondary type for it, fairy or otherwise that would be worth it.

Well glad to see others that want to see it as well ! :D

I like the competitive aspect this gen more than I did before. It just feels more accessible, and less of something reserved to the hardcore. And being able to get more use out of mightyena would be a big plus for me personally! But I also like the more lore/story and battle potential of having it mega-evolve during the single player game!

And there's definitely potential to make something really neat looking!

I'm pretty sure they'll give milotic something! Its very popular, and its pretty much Wallace's signature pokemon. And even though he's not the champion in this game, what appears to be his daughter can mega-evolve her Altaria.. So, I'd really wouldn't see why his daughter could while dealing in pokemon contest, when he deals both in contests and in pokemon battles.

I thought about that as well, but its been literally 3 gen that they're not doing all that much about it, and they seem to be all about megas right now.. So really anything works for me. Besides, some pokes work really well with a mega and not a real evo. I mean, its not like it would really miss not using items, given it hardly had much use for them besides speed and attack boosting items, and those would be already improved by a mega evo.

I hear a lot of people say that, but I'm not sure why.. Houndoom is pretty different. It got a secondary typing, is a special attacker, has higher stats, is found later in the game. The only thing I can think of, is that they both have a little "dog" in them. Mightyena slightly less so.

I'd see a counterpart to Houndoom as a Dark/Water dog-like pokrmon, with physical attacks mainly.

I never really understood what they were trying to do with those stats. Usually they try to balance them around to face some pokemon they should be facing, type wise and etc.. In this case, its slower than most psychics and ghosts, has less sp def to tough out special attack.. I guess they might have not gotten their coffee the day they wrote its stats down xD

And I agree with you that its unappreciated/underrated.. This gen I even stumbled on mentors and other respectable people in the smogon forums actually defending its usefulness in RU and NU.. Which I never saw before.. Most people think its literally a Raticate clone, but, they actually didn't put all its bst in its speed, and moxie, sucker punch, and play rough are its saving grace.

Its just that, its pretty finicky right now, and not very solid, and it doesn't pack enough of a punch out of the box for using well the weak moves the dark type offers.. And the weak moves they allowed it to learn.. It needs a lot of support and can't be switched in just anytime.. And the 3v3 formats and doubles makes moxie much less useful..

I just hope Gamefreak is going to do something for the power creep from giving megas to all those pseudo legends, and etc.. I mean, its pretty much literally the first gen that Mightyena is actually usable with decent results. And, all those megas are getting waaaayy too thick and waaayy too common for them not being an issue..

I'd like Mega-Linoone ! Its my favorite out of the "rodents pokemon" (for a lack of better terms).
    Mega-Swellow too!
    Its would have been nice if it could have had 3 stages of evolution.. I've always felt like most pokes in Hoenn were squishier than in other regions, and evolved less.. I always wondered why.. :/
    Actually the Pokemon introduced in Gen III evolve less than any other Generation Pokemon. We were lucky that Nosepass, Dusclops, and Roselia got evolutions (not counting the branch evolutions). I think Gen II or VI is second place there. That's what makes all of these Hoenn pokemon getting Mega Evolutions a bit funny. It's as if to make it up to them by giving them the best power up in this generation. I get a feeling though that in the long run it'll hurt the Gen III Pokemon as those from the Gen's with the most evolve Pokemon gain Megas of their own.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Mightyena always felt to be the counterpart of Houndoom in gen 3.

instead of mega Manetric they should of put mightyena, because as you said, Mightyena is basicly the counter part of houndoom

The thing about that, though, is that while Mightyena is similar to Houndoom in general appearance and seemingly in inspiration, Mightyena is actually significantly weaker stat wise than Houndoom. A "true" counterpart would be on about the same level as their opponent, and a Mega for Mightyena would only put it on about the same ground as regular Houndoom. The reason they probably went with Manectric is because Manectric's base stat total is in the same neighborhood as Houndoom's.

Years
    The thing about that, though, is that while Mightyena is similar to Houndoom in general appearance and seemingly in inspiration, Mightyena is actually significantly weaker stat wise than Houndoom. A "true" counterpart would be on about the same level as their opponent, and a Mega for Mightyena would only put it on about the same ground as regular Houndoom. The reason they probably went with Manectric is because Manectric's base stat total is in the same neighborhood as Houndoom's.

Their gap is nearly the same as that between Aggron and Tyranitar, only larger by 10 points.
    Also in terms of inspiration They aren't that similar in that Mighyena is a hyena and not a Death Hound, they do have that dead theme though as Hyenas are associated with death.

After looking at it's stats I would like Mightyena to get a normal evolution. Or a Mega with Huge power, and the normal 100 boost be given to it's speed and defenses.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Their gap is nearly the same as that between Aggron and Tyranitar, only larger by 10 points.

Except neither Mightyena nor Houndoom is a pseudo-legendary. Tyranitar is, which does at least go some way towards making the gap between it and Aggron's base stats more understandable.

Plus, its not so much that Mightyena is weaker than Houndoom, but that its generally a weaker Pokémon than most of the others that have gotten Megas. The most notable exceptions to this would, of course, be Medicham and Mawile. However, I would probably argue that Mawile and Medicham too would have been better served getting regular evolutions, themselves.

Last edited:
    Years
    Mega Mightyena would be cool, but seems a bit out of place. Then again, most of the Megas I never would've guessed, so we might have a Mega Stunfisk for all we know! d: Not sure how that would work though, haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back