• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • If they give too many pokemon Megalutions, it will lose it's importance, and eventually all of them will get one. They need to be selective, for sure. That doesn't mean they shouldn't introduce some new ones in ORAS, but simply to be cautious. Obviously, Swampert, Sceptile, Groudon, and Kyogre are all premier candidates to receive mega evolutions. I could see pokemon such as Metagross and Salamence getting new forms as well.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • If they give too many pokemon Megalutions, it will lose it's importance, and eventually all of them will get one. They need to be selective, for sure. That doesn't mean they shouldn't introduce some new ones in ORAS, but simply to be cautious. Obviously, Swampert, Sceptile, Groudon, and Kyogre are all premier candidates to receive mega evolutions. I could see pokemon such as Metagross and Salamence getting new forms as well.

Irc Masuda said during the Direct revealing the Kanto Megas that one day he hopes every Pokémon (line) has a Mega Evolution. So it will not be rare one day if he gets his way.

MegaFlygon should become purple (to match the Latis...if those two are complete...) with green eyes and massive wings. It will proably keep Levitate or gain the ability to Sandstream.

Years
  • Irc Masuda said during the Direct revealing the Kanto Megas that one day he hopes every Pokémon (line) has a Mega Evolution. So it will not be rare one day if he gets his way.

MegaFlygon should become purple (to match the Latis...if those two are complete...) with green eyes and massive wings. It will proably keep Levitate or gain the ability to Sandstream.

I've never heard of that before, and I wouldn't see that being a good thing. Some pokemon just wouldn't fit, and it would make having a mega evolution something normal and uninteresting, imo. Of course, I may be the minority with that opinion, but I think it would be smart to keep the list of pokemon with Megalutions short and well thought out.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am sure Sableye will get some love. It played a good part in the newer Mewtwo movie and usually when a pokemon plays a part that usually doesn't, something comes out for it. I am almost certain Sableye will get one though. Mawile was a version exclusive and so was Sableye, I think.

I do agree that not all pokemon should get one, but I think most should. But who knows at this point? They are breaking old traditions like it is going out of style lol. I do hope they don't add a lot at once though. Save some for the future. Maybe 12 or so tops for the remakes.

Anyways, back on subject. Here are the top 12 pokemon I would like to see get a Mega at this moment in time.

12. Rapidash.
    11. Arcanine
    10. Groudon
    9. Kyogre.
    8. Torkoal
    7. Glalie
    6. Raichu
    5. Ninetails
    4. Sableye
    3. Flygon
    2. Swampert
    1. Sceptile

I would really love to see Sceptile get 2 Megas, Sceptile Alpha and Sceptile Omega. I think 1 starter from each gen should get 2 megas like Charizard.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I am sure Sableye will get some love. It played a good part in the newer Mewtwo movie and usually when a pokemon plays a part that usually doesn't, something comes out for it. I am almost certain Sableye will get one though. Mawile was a version exclusive and so was Sableye, I think.

I do agree that not all pokemon should get one, but I think most should. But who knows at this point? They are breaking old traditions like it is going out of style lol. I do hope they don't add a lot at once though. Save some for the future. Maybe 12 or so tops for the remakes.

Anyways, back on subject. Here are the top 12 pokemon I would like to see get a Mega at this moment in time.

12. Rapidash.
    11. Arcanine
    10. Groudon
    9. Kyogre.
    8. Torkoal
    7. Glalie
    6. Raichu
    5. Ninetails
    4. Sableye
    3. Flygon
    2. Swampert
    1. Sceptile

I would really love to see Sceptile get 2 Megas, Sceptile Alpha and Sceptile Omega. I think 1 starter from each gen should get 2 megas like Charizard.

If Glalie get one Froslass should get one too.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015

Good idea! Just like how Charizard got two, perhaps another legendary Pokémon, maybe someone like Arceus could get two mega forms as well, like how Mewtwo got two in X&Y.

Years
  • I am sure Sableye will get some love. It played a good part in the newer Mewtwo movie and usually when a pokemon plays a part that usually doesn't, something comes out for it. I am almost certain Sableye will get one though. Mawile was a version exclusive and so was Sableye, I think.

12. Rapidash.
    11. Arcanine
    10. Groudon
    9. Kyogre.
    8. Torkoal
    7. Glalie
    6. Raichu
    5. Ninetails
    4. Sableye
    3. Flygon
    2. Swampert
    1. Sceptile

I mentioned a similar idea in the Mega thread in XY before. Falaligatr can have two and Sceptile 2. Infernape 2, Samurrot 2, and Chesnaught 2. Sceptile and Chestnaught are the least used starters of their generations so I think they deserve two. Like Charizard (who was over used despite it's stats...) those two could benefit the most from Megas.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Good idea! Just like how Charizard got two, perhaps another legendary Pokémon, maybe someone like Arceus could get two mega forms as well, like how Mewtwo got two in X&Y.
    I was thinking Rayquaza. I think he would be the best idea for this, because if Groudon and Kyogre have Megas, he would be fighting 2 megas at once and therefore I think he should be able to change between 2 megas.

I mentioned a similar idea in the Mega thread in XY before. Falaligatr can have two and Sceptile 2. Infernape 2, Samurrot 2, and Chesnaught 2. Sceptile and Chestnaught are the least used starters of their generations so I think they deserve two. Like Charizard (who was over used despite it's stats...) those two could benefit the most from Megas.

I think Faaligatr, Sceptile, Empoleon, Emboar, and Chesnaught should get two each. Main reason for Empoleon, I think he has more potential. He could shed some of his armor and gain sword for an Att/Speed Mega and he could get more armor in another Mega for Def/Att. For Empoleon One form could be Ice/Water, he is a penguin after all, and the other one could remain Water/Steel.

If Glalie get one Froslass should get one too.
    True. I was going to go against this, but Froslass is not like Rhyperior, Electivire, and Magmortar who are basically megas as is.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • These would be my top five Hoenn Mega Evoltuion wish list:

1) Milotic
    2) Salamence
    3) Metagross
    4) Sableye
    5) Flygon

I'd say those five are the most worthy of a Mega Evolution.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    Machamp
    Golem
    Gallade
    Sceptile
    Sqampert

Are some pokemon I feel need to have a mega if any are to get megas in OR/AS

Personally I don't like how some pokemon got 2 megas...

Some other weak pokémon like Chimeco, Masqueain could get megas, but there are pokemon like Delcatty and Luvdisc that are so bad a mega wouldn't even help unless they got an amazing new ability that makes them decent which I can't imagine happening.

Looking at some pokemon that in theory could get megas, look like they would be very OP, the only way they wouldn't be if they got a bad ability, but that is looking at it on paper, in practice it could be different...

Years
  • Shedinja should get a Mega. They could shift all of it's defensive stats (or leave just 1 for them if having 0 would cause issues) towards speed and give it an extra 25. The remaining 75 could go into it's attack stat, maybe they could also redistribute some it's special attack towards attack. Next generation they could make it so that it's ability isn't impacted by weather, at least not by hail which isn't a type it's weak to. or patch the ability in XY and have it changed for these games.

Years
  • I really hope a gen 5 mons will get an mega evolution, and even some gen 4 which didn't got a lot, thats pretty unfair.

Also I think that mega sceptile and mega marsh is a must

I feel like if they do incorporate new mega evolutiions, they'll only add ones for Hoenn pokemon. It would seem a little out of place if they gave future generation pokemon that didn't even appear in the games mega evolutions. I do agree with the latter part of your post, though. Mega Sceptile and Swampert would make a lot of sense and be extremely cool! n__n

Years
  • I feel like if they do incorporate new mega evolutiions, they'll only add ones for Hoenn pokemon. It would seem a little out of place if they gave future generation pokemon that didn't even appear in the games mega evolutions. I do agree with the latter part of your post, though. Mega Sceptile and Swampert would make a lot of sense and be extremely cool! n__n

Actually I don't think gen 3 need so much mega evos, currently(including mega latios and latias) hoenn along with kanto is the region which got most mega evos-10, if the excepted mega sceptile and mega swampert will arrive hoenn will have the most, so more gen 3 mega evos(except for the starters) doesn't seem so necessery. On the other hand, gen 4 got only 3 megas and gen 5 gon non-so I think it would be much more fair to those pokemons to get megas.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I feel like if they do incorporate new mega evolutiions, they'll only add ones for Hoenn pokemon. It would seem a little out of place if they gave future generation pokemon that didn't even appear in the games mega evolutions. I do agree with the latter part of your post, though. Mega Sceptile and Swampert would make a lot of sense and be extremely cool! n__n

Yeah but they could possibly be retconned tho, looking back in HGSS, we still had Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon used with the PokeGear so there might be a feature for the PokeNav for the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos Pokemon.

But Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert is a must. I'm thinking they may add another mega for Blaziken, maybe a Mega Blaziken Alpha and a Mega Blaziken Omega perhaps?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    we really need to know why it doesn't evolve into Alomomola

I think that ship has sailed.

Luvdisc doesn't evolve into Alomomola. Why do we need to know why?

Chances are there either isn't a reason or it was because Unova was a fresh start with only new pokemon. Obviously in that scenario Luvdisc and Alomomola couldn't be tied together even if it was the initial intention.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Yeah but they could possibly be retconned tho, looking back in HGSS, we still had Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon used with the PokeGear so there might be a feature for the PokeNav for the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos Pokemon.

But Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert is a must. I'm thinking they may add another mega for Blaziken, maybe a Mega Blaziken Alpha and a Mega Blaziken Omega perhaps?

Blaziken having 3 megas ? No way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back