• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Actually if this issue of Corocoro is anything to go by Sydney's main is Shiftry (appearing by him in a scan while the rest also have their aces by them). I want to see if Dusclops or Banette is Phoebe's ace. I was almost as confused about her ace as Sydney's. If it's Banette Mega Banette for Phoebe, Mega Metagross for Steven, Mega Shiftry (I hope so) for Sydney, Mega Salamence (I hope so) for Drake, and Mega Walrein (please) for Glacia.

Yes, I think Shiftery might get a Mega. Seems like they are doing all Hoenn Pokemon. xD
    And it also said that hoenn will have some diffrent pokemon than before. So maybe some non Hoenn megas?

Years
  • I think the hint at more Pokemon in the Hoenn dex than before means that it's possible for Drake to have a Mega Garchomp, or for Glacia to have a Mega Abomasnow, and so on. Pokemon that weren't in the Hoenn dex may become available to catch, allowing for trainers of importance like the elite four to have their teams upgraded.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • "Champion no Pokemon ga Megashinka!" - Referring to Mega Metagross.

Suppose each Elite Four member did get a Mega. I can see Sidney with either Shiftry or Absol (since it was his ace in RSE and already has a Mega), Phoebe with Banette or Sableye, Glacia with Mega Jynx (since it is possible + CoroCoro did hint at more Pokemon being in Hoenn) or Walrein, and Drake with Mega Salamence. (Basically what ORaAS said XD)

It's possible that Shiftry might've been Sidney's ace all along and we didn't know, again he and Phoebe confused me as any of them could've been it as nearly no one else used their Pokemon in battle before them...

I'll like Wallace to get Mega Milotic even if he is just back to being a gym leader.

About non-Hoenn Megas. Hoenn already has pokemon that weren't Gen III Pokemon in it's dex. I'll like to see those get Megas first before any additions (that aren't evolutions) do. I'll like Mega Raichu and Mega Kingdra from those please.

Years
  • Oh, I will have to get some getting used to Metagross' mega evolved form. It looks like it just fused with a Metang. I noticed glimpses of how some megas resemble a little their middle evolution but Metagross just made it too noticiable. It's creepy. It looks like some kind of spider.

I thought it looks like Metang too when I first saw it. Well Metang is two Beldum, while Metagross itself is two Metang. I had expected it's Mega to be two Metagross actually, then it would've had eight legs like a spider. Fun fact is that it's Mega has six legs, which correctly me if I'm wrong here, is the number of real life crabs have. Metagross is said to be based off of a crab, so it fits.
    Yeah, I noticed that too with this one, and Mega Swampert having the color scheme of Marshtomp.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Mega Metagross is kind of what I expected it to look like; I wanted the legs to actually detach from the body but at least it's hovering, so that's something!

Those little "legs" it has on its...head? The small ones that are facing backwards. I hope those are like little "boosters" so Metagross can gain some Speed when it Mega Evolves.

Lots of people are saying Tough Claws for the Ability, but I'm honestly hoping for Levitate; it gained 2 weaknesses this gen and it really needs a way to avoid Earthquake. Or maybe Speed Boost with those little leg boosters, ha ha.

Years
  • Mega Metagross is kind of what I expected it to look like; I wanted the legs to actually detach from the body but at least it's hovering, so that's something!

Those little "legs" it has on its...head? The small ones that are facing backwards. I hope those are like little "boosters" so Metagross can gain some Speed when it Mega Evolves.

Lots of people are saying Tough Claws for the Ability, but I'm honestly hoping for Levitate; it gained 2 weaknesses this gen and it really needs a way to avoid Earthquake. Or maybe Speed Boost with those little leg boosters, ha ha.

I was just reading about a kind of false crab that has 2 legs within it's shell. So Maybe that's what Mega Metagross is based off?
    Also a correction to my earlier comment, real crabs have 8 legs (10 counting their pincers).
    According to Kieran it's ability as written in corocoro has five characters. I checked and levitate has only 3 so that can't be it. Tough Claws fits with five. It could be a new ability too.

Last edited:

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    I don't see any more than 4 legs on that artwork...

Also, the screenshot of Mega Metagross, look at the name of Metagross' opponent. There's just no Pokémon with a Japanese name like that. Generation 7 confirmed!

Years
  • I never associated Metagross with a crab actually. And I'm still not sure if it has six legs or eight. In on we can see a small left backsided leg and one of the smaller pictures we see it sideway and we can notice two backsided legs though I'm not sure if those correspond to it's right side or if it's one on the right and the other on the left which will mean that he has one of it's backsided legs jointed on a higher position than the other making it creepier still.

Actually if it actually looked like a crab it would have look so badass! 0.0 Imagine a metagross with six legs jointed just how they would have been in it's normal state and then with frontal arms similar to the ones depicted in it's mega form only with it's claws separated like they would have been on a Metang and each claw is slight curved. I would have really liked that. I don't know Maybe with four eyes or not. Idk. And the horned positioned either on it's forhead or were it currently is but on it's back side, like you said.

I wonder if that thing has 2 to 4 extra brains. It must be horribly intelligent and I suppose it can kill with just a thought, though I think it can in it's normal state. So imagine that.

I wonder about it's brain too...that thing was was already as smart as a super computer just like Alakazam. I wonder how smart Mega Alakazam and Mega Metagross are...if only Megas had a bit of a pokedex like description. That Corocoro picture at first made me think it was warping the space around it with it's mind...wouldn't be surprise it that was it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I don't see any more than 4 legs on that artwork...

Also, the screenshot of Mega Metagross, look at the name of Metagross' opponent. There's just no Pokémon with a Japanese name like that. Generation 7 confirmed!

On the art of it with Steven, there's a fairly obvious 5th leg coming from behind it somehow; or perhaps it's attached to the head? It's tough to tell but there's a 5th leg there.

It's hard to make out the name with the quality of the pic, but it looks almost like Raguraaji, which is Swampert's Japanese name. Even if it says a different name, I'm sure it's just due to the quality of the photos we currently have.

Years
  • I don't see any more than 4 legs on that artwork...

Maybe GF broke from tradition like I mentioned in the DCC, hence the mention of more Pokemon in Hoenn than before? I doubt it though, but there is a tiny chance. It's probably due to the scan being blurry as Rivvon says.

Do you think this issue may have more Megas?

Years
  • It's possible that there could be more new Pokemon, but rather than be part of Gen. VII they'd be extra Gen. VI Pokemon. Megas aside, there are less than 100 Gen. VI Pokemon--fewer than any other gen.--so it's always possible that there are more Gen. VI Pokemon waiting to be discovered. Of course, if Megas are counted, then it's not as likely, but you never know.

Years
  • It's possible that there could be more new Pokemon, but rather than be part of Gen. VII they'd be extra Gen. VI Pokemon. Megas aside, there are less than 100 Gen. VI Pokemon--fewer than any other gen.--so it's always possible that there are more Gen. VI Pokemon waiting to be discovered. Of course, if Megas are counted, then it's not as likely, but you never know.

That true. I think the same thing.

How many confirmed Megas (counting the Latis) do we now have?

Years
  • How many confirmed Megas (counting the Latis) do we now have?

Counting the Latis, there are 35 confirmed Megas. (Might've miscounted; I don't think I did, though ><;) If you add that to the number of non-Mega Gen. VI Pokemon (including the two unannounced ones), that makes 107 Pokemon. More than Gen. II (100); less than Gen. I (151), Gen. III (135), and Gen. V (156); and equal to Gen. IV.

Years
  • Counting the Latis, there are 35 confirmed Megas. (Might've miscounted; I don't think I did, though ><;) If you add that to the number of non-Mega Gen. VI Pokemon (including the two unannounced ones), that makes 107 Pokemon. More than Gen. II (100); less than Gen. I (151), Gen. III (135), and Gen. V (156); and equal to Gen. IV.
    So 28 more until we equal Gen III...we may reach that number or even pass it by 'Z'. However Kalos would still have introduced less Pokemon as these newest Megas are for a Hoenn game, so it may need 'Z' to pull it the region to the 107 or beyond so it'll be in line with the other even generation regions.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • Hmmn, I think that it's plausible to assume we will get Mega Milotic - though don't get your hopes up yet. But if you really think about it there's a few good reasons why it might just happen. Milotic was originally created as a counter part to Gyarados who already received Mega Evolution. Plus if Wallace is Champion once again it would be a great way to start a new trend that at least Champion has one Pokémon that Mega Evolves. I could really see Milotic going for Water/Dragon or even Water/Fairy.

Also I'd personally like to see all Pseudos getting Mega Evolution. :D We already have Mega Tyranitar, Mega Metagross and Mega Garchomp. It would be cool if Dragonite, Salamence and Hydreigon would get one too.

Years
  • Hmmn, I think that it's plausible to assume we will get Mega Milotic - though don't get your hopes up yet. But if you really think about it there's a few good reasons why it might just happen. Milotic was originally created as a counter part to Gyarados who already received Mega Evolution. Plus if Wallace is Champion once again it would be a great way to start a new trend that at least Champion has one Pokémon that Mega Evolves. I could really see Milotic going for Water/Dragon or even Water/Fairy.

Also I'd personally like to see all Pseudos getting Mega Evolution. :D We already have Mega Tyranitar, Mega Metagross and Mega Garchomp. It would be cool if Dragonite, Salamence and Hydreigon would get one too.

I see Mega Salamence happening for these games. I see the remaining three Pseudo's getting Megas for 'Z', well maybe we'll get Mega Dragonite for these games too. I say Dragonite as Hoenn has a connection to Kanto as they share the same time line and were the main regions of Gen III so it'll be a nice fit.

Years
  • I've already stated plenty of times how I'd love for Mega Hydreigon to become a thing, but I'll state it again: If it plus Milotic gain the ability to Mega Evolve, I will be soooo damn happy. Though, at this rate I'd be happy to see any Gen. V Pokemon receive a Mega.

Years
  • I've already stated plenty of times how I'd love for Mega Hydreigon to become a thing, but I'll state it again: If it plus Milotic gain the ability to Mega Evolve, I will be soooo damn happy. Though, at this rate I'd be happy to see any Gen. V Pokemon receive a Mega.

Someone pointed out that perhaps Litwick will be added to the dex. If so Chandelure may get a Mega. That thing is already quite strong, imagine it with a boost.

Years
  • Someone pointed out that perhaps Litwick will be added to the dex. If so Chandelure may get a Mega. That thing is already quite strong, imagine it with a boost.

I was actually just talking to a friend about how I'd like to see Mega Chandelure, too XD It's another one of my Gen. V faves, and I find it pretty good; the only thing holding it back is its lackluster Speed. Give that a boost and bring back Shadow Tag for its Mega Ability (and maybe give it Destiny Bond to make Shadow Tag worth keeping) and it'd be much more useful~ It'd also make a good counter to Mega Metagross, too, since both its STABs are super effective against it.

Years
  • I was actually just talking to a friend about how I'd like to see Mega Chandelure, too XD It's another one of my Gen. V faves, and I find it pretty good; the only thing holding it back is its lackluster Speed. Give that a boost and bring back Shadow Tag for its Mega Ability (and maybe give it Destiny Bond to make Shadow Tag worth keeping) and it'd be much more useful~ It'd also make a good counter to Mega Metagross, too, since both its STABs are super effective against it.

Hopefully. I wonder how the Chandelier will look in it's Mega form...Maybe it'll gain will-o-wisps that look like the crystals that dangle down from fancy chandeliers you see on tv.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back