• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For Mega Slaking, I think stat increases would be minimal or maybe a small decrease in speed for a small increase in attack. Slaking should basically get more girth and muscle. Biggest boon would be the removal of truant as an ability. I would suggest replacing it with Thick Fat.

Slaking's Attack stat is already pretty high, so giving it any boost in that would be a huge risk. Though, they could still attempt and see how it goes. To make it seem less overpowered, they definitely need to decrease few of its other stats, and my recommendation would probably have to be Special Defense. Defense wouldn't be a bad option, but it just won't be making any sense, considering how bulky its body is.

As far as its ability goes, Thick Fat sounds great! Another choice would probably be Intimidate. I mean, it is quite a scary Pokémon (isn't it?), so if you ask me, this one would fit pretty nicely.

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I'd prefer Slaking just get a useful ability and a boost in defenses/Speed. I've been hopeful for Huge/Pure Power but it'd sail itself right into Ubers that way; perhaps something simple like Intimidate, or maybe Adaptability.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Wouldn't that be quite the shock for the gym? "Oh I'm just going to use protect every other tur--- WHAM."

Frankly, Mega Slaking scares me.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • What would Mega Slaking even look like? A Slaking that's standing up and actually looks ready to battle? Not sure if they'll end up giving gym leaders in general Mega Evolutions, though. I think Korinna was just an exception because she knew the person who was researching ME, however, your dad is also a pretty important and special character too, so maybe he'll get one.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Except if they did give Norman a Mega Evolution, it'd have to be Slaking. And that would be some scary ♥♥♥♥ right there, even if it keeps Truant as an ability. I don't think they'd want to unleash that on the average player.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2023
    i think too Mega Feraligatr as a Water/dragon with Tough Claws/Sheer Force would be great!:)
    How's with Mega Typhlosion as a Fire/Psychic type and the ability Drought?
    Eruption + Sun + STAB thats gonna hurt:D

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2023
    yes, it can learn extrasensory by breeding^^
    but maybe they make a new moveset, blastoise can learn dragon pulse,ampharos too:)
    thats a great idea for mega meganium;)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Oh, now I remember it did have that in HGSS.
    Maybe they will. I would want it to get a typing not shared with the rest of the Fire starters though (even though at one point I called for it to be Fire/Fighting...). If it is Fire/Psychic maybe they can introduce a new ability that is a Psychic version of Normalize, in this case turning Normal moves into Psychic moves plus the bonus seen in the other Normalize versions such as Pixielate and Aerilate.

Years
  • Since Zoroark is like a Dark version of Lucario

I think it shoud also receive a Mega Evolution

No more Illusion, its ability could Adaptability like Mega Lucario

Btw, i want some Pokemon like Sandslash, Donphan, Marowak, ... to Mega Evovle.

P/S : Mega Zoroark could look like a much darker warlock / witch version of Delphox

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2023
    good,i used typhlosion always with extrasensory its a great move for it;)
    yeah,okay
    sure but i hope so,so it would be another great fire/psychic typ,and the new ability ideas sounds really awesome and interesting for me,with a ability like pixielate for psychic moves it could make new cool combos like swift as a psychic move!:)
    but i think drought is maybe a good ability for it too

maybe they make new castform forms like sandstorm or fog
    or its get a mega form^^
    mega zoroark sounds cool,but i dont think that gen 5 get megas in this game:/
    but when it should get a new type so maybe dark/ghost or dark/psychic
    the ability idea and its look for it sounds good

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Maybe they'll make it so that Zoroark's illusion will still remain even when it Mega evolves even if it does get another ability. Also I think it could use another type...like Ghost or Psychic.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2023
    wow,that gonna be a mega trap if you fight mega zoroark:D
    i think the type dark/ghost for it is better then fighting moves dont do damage anymore
    you fight against a normal type(mega zoroark as slaking) and then you use a fighting move then you dont know whats up
    yeah okay,everbody knows then its zoroark but for the 1 time it would be great maybe they make new ability for it a better form of illusion

Years
  • Mega Typholsion stays pure Fire or Fire/Ground or Fire/Fighting ... I get it

But a Fire / Psychic Mega Typholsion ? I don't think so, it's just WEIRD !

---

P/S : Everybody wants Mega Meganium to be Fairy type :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back