• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Mega Typholsion stays pure Fire or Fire/Ground or Fire/Fighting ... I get it

But a Fire / Psychic Mega Typholsion ? I don't think so, it's just WEIRD !

---

P/S : Everybody wants Mega Meganium to be Fairy type :)

Yeah, even Mega Gyarados being Water/Dark makes far more sense (as it is a furious, rampagi Pokémon like Hydreigon, and Tyranitar) than a Fire/Psychic Typhlosion. As did the even Mega Ampharos which made less sense than Mega Gyarados' typing, but the reason lies in Ampharos' japanese name.

Will a Ghost/Fairy Mismagius with Levitate have the most types that don't affect it? It seems like it would with Ground, Normal, Dragon, and Fighting. Oh well, it gets two extra weaknesses. Wait, can Mismagius even learn Fairy moves or will it need some to be added?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Yeah, even Mega Gyarados being Water/Dark makes far more sense (as it is a furious, rampagi Pokémon like Hydreigon, and Tyranitar) than a Fire/Psychic Typhlosion. As did the even Mega Ampharos which made less sense than Mega Gyarados' typing, but the reason lies in Ampharos' japanese name.

Will a Ghost/Fairy Mismagius with Levitate have the most types that don't affect it? It seems like it would with Ground, Normal, Dragon, and Fighting. Oh well, it gets two extra weaknesses. Wait, can Mismagius even learn Fairy moves or will it need some to be added?

Mismagius can learn Dazzling Gleam from the TM, she could learn some other moves by Move Tutor in ORAS. Dazzling Gleam is the only Fairy Move she can get. But Fairy would fit her the most for the ghost type just like Fairy fitted Mawile.

Years
  • It certainly does, even more so than Cottonee and far more so than Mr. Mime. Grr, they should've made it's normal self a Ghost/Fairy. Especially considering it's based to some degree on the Banshee which is a Fairy.

Years
  • As long as they don't boost it's attack, at least not by much I'll be fine with a Mega Azumarill keeping Huge Power. They can use the majority of the 100 stat boost on it's defenses, speed, and special attack.

Years
  • If Mega Azumarill were to happen, I -could- see its base Attack getting boosted to no more than 90. (If it went to 100, that only gives it 50 more points for the rest of its stats, unless its Speed or defenses drop or something.) It wouldn't have as good Attack as Megas Mawile or Medicham, but it'd still be a force to be reckoned with.

Years
  • If Mega Azumarill were to happen, I -could- see its base Attack getting boosted to no more than 90. (If it went to 100, that only gives it 50 more points for the rest of its stats, unless its Speed or defenses drop or something.) It wouldn't have as good Attack as Megas Mawile or Medicham, but it'd still be a force to be reckoned with.

I'm hoping they'll make it a Mighty Glacier of a fighter aka high defenses and attack yet low speed.

Years
  • I guess Azumarill is one of the few Pokemon that wasn't introduced in Hoenn I could see getting a Mega, because it was available to catch in RSE, and it was recently given a new typing and as such, a popularity increase. I think it's obvious that Water/Fairy would remain, but it could get a new ability, and definitely a boost in attack, and maybe its defenses? Don't see the speed getting much of a buff.

Years
  • I guess Azumarill is one of the few Pokemon that wasn't introduced in Hoenn I could see getting a Mega, because it was available to catch in RSE, and it was recently given a new typing and as such, a popularity increase. I think it's obvious that Water/Fairy would remain, but it could get a new ability, and definitely a boost in attack, and maybe its defenses? Don't see the speed getting much of a buff.

I think that Huge Power fits it the most. It can be like Mega Tyranitar which didn't get a new ability, keeping it's old one. Without Hugh Power Azumarill wouldn't be that good. Plus if it's Mega has it it can give GF the room to help it in other areas such as defenses and special attack.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I would love to see some REAL flying-type bird Pokemon to Mega-Evovle

Maybe Swanna, Braviary, Mandibuzz ...

Those are good choices! What I think would be even better, though, is if it were actually Swellow. This Pokémon has a higher rate of being chosen as well, considering that it's native to Hoenn. Personally, I'd love it if it wound up getting a mega-form; Swellow is sort of underrated, in my opinion, so hopefully, this should give it a boost. Truly deserves it, if you ask me!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I agree, Mega Swellow would be pretty cool, especially if they made a reference to the anime and made Mega Swellow Flying/Electric like Ash's was in his battle with Tate and Liza.

I guess Azumarill is one of the few Pokemon that wasn't introduced in Hoenn I could see getting a Mega, because it was available to catch in RSE, and it was recently given a new typing and as such, a popularity increase. I think it's obvious that Water/Fairy would remain, but it could get a new ability, and definitely a boost in attack, and maybe its defenses? Don't see the speed getting much of a buff.

I think if Azumarill was going to get one it would have gotten it in XY. Gamefreak plans these things out and I think the +Fairy-type was supposed to be Azu's buff for this generation.

Years
  • I'd rather Mega Swellow than Fearow, for sure. And they aren't going to introduce both in the same game, I think, so chances are it would be the former in ORAS, considering it's a Hoenn-native Pokemon. Not sure that it would become Electric though; to me, looks like it would just remain Normal/Flying.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2023
    Me too i think the idea with mega swellow as a electric/flying would be very awesome!
    i hope swellow gets a mega form,because no bird except aerodactyl has a mega evolution i wish they make mega skarmory,staraptor (fight/flying),xatu or altaria (fairy dragon)!
    but maybe they make an "omega mega stone" and an "alpha mega stone" like Charizardite X/Y or Mewtwonite Y/X

Years
  • Me too i think the idea with mega swellow as a electric/flying would be very awesome!
    i hope swellow gets a mega form,because no bird except aerodactyl has a mega evolution i wish they make mega skarmory,staraptor (fight/flying),xatu or altaria (fairy dragon)!
    but maybe they make an "omega mega stone" and an "alpha mega stone" like Charizardite X/Y or Mewtwonite Y/X
    Aerodactyl isn't a bird, Blaziken is the only bird with a Mega xD. We do need Flying Birds to get Megas though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back