• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I really hope Zangoose doesn't get a Mega. Being able to hold toxic orb is amazing.
    My prediction is hat this month they will reveal the following:Mega Flygon, Mega Sharpedo, Mega Camerupt, Mega Latios, Mega Latias.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I really hope Zangoose doesn't get a Mega. Being able to hold toxic orb is amazing.
    My prediction is hat this month they will reveal the following:Mega Flygon, Mega Sharpedo, Mega Camerupt, Mega Latios, Mega Latias.

Even if Mega Zangoose is made, one can still opt out and use normal Zangoose (with toxic orb). One doesn't need to use it's Mega.

@ Evil Stud Muffin. Actually Thick Fat Mega Tropius (if it keeps it's Grass/Flying typing) will still be weak to Ice (2x) even with that ability. Also it'll still be weak to rock moves, regardless of it's ability.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

I honestly wouldn't look at it in a bad way. If this Pokémon does wind up getting some mega, it could still have some beneficial ability, such as Moxie. With that, I'm sure it'd be able to perform a lot better than it was ever able; every time it strikes down an opponent, its Attack stat would be raised immediately, preparing it for sweeping. It has good Speed, too, which would complement it very nicely!

Years
    I honestly wouldn't look at it in a bad way. If this Pokémon does wind up getting some mega, it could still have some beneficial ability, such as Moxie. With that, I'm sure it'd be able to perform a lot better than it was ever able; every time it strikes down an opponent, its Attack stat would be raised immediately, preparing it for sweeping. It has good Speed, too, which would complement it very nicely!

Moxie would be a nice ability for it.
    I hate to suggest an ability that is currently becoming so common with Megas...but I can see Tough Claws fit a Mega Zangoose. It's claws are one of it's most noticeable features after all.

Someone suggested Strong Jaw for Seviper. While it wouldn't necessary be the best ability for it (at least at the moment), it would fit it well. I can see GF giving Seviper the rest of the bite variants (like how they gave Blastoise more 'Pulse' moves). Perhaps with the Pokemon becoming Poison/Dark so that it can get Stab boosted crunch in addition to the boost it could get from Tough Jaws.

Years
    Poison/Dark would be a great combination for Seviper, especially since it only has one weakness. Also agreeing that Strong Jaw would work if it gets the other biting moves. Tough Claws for Mega Zangoose would be good as well and would complement Strong Jaw nicely.

Speaking of Zangoose, even if it were to receive a Mega, it's not like you can't use its base form in battle. If you prefer Toxic Boost Zangoose to Mega Zangoose, then go ahead and use it XD I prefer Prankster Sableye to Mega Sableye, so unless Mega Sableye turns out to be better than I thought, I'd still use Prankster because I like having priority status moves.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    What is Primal Rayquaza?

And also what are mega Keystones?

I won't emphasize much since this is a mega evo thread not a primal one, but since Groudon/Kyogre have them it would make no sense if Rayquaza didn't have that forme.

However, Primal forms are somewhat similar to mega evolution so I would expect it to appear as part of the mega scoop.

Mega keystones are what trainers use to activate the mega evolution. The pokemon holds the mega stone (eg Gardevoirite, Absolite) and trainers will use the key stone (mega ring in XY, mega bangle in ORAS, Steven uses a mega stickpin etc.)

Years
    A Strong Jaw Mega Seviper will be able to bring out the most out of Poison Fang. It'll have 100+ power after stab and the 50 percent boost of Strong Jaws. Along with the 50% chance of poison (the chance was increased for XY actually) it'll be deadly unless one has a Steel type to counter it. But if they give it Fire Fang even a Steel type that isn't Heatran will have trouble, or Empoleon, or part rock, will have trouble.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    If there's a mega dragonite. I won't know wat it's stone gonna be. Dragonite? Dragonate? Idk

Am I the only fan of a dunsparce. I really hope it can get a mega evolution so I can sweep more during wifi battles

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I would really want to see mega waillord and mega hariyama, didint gf wanted to give Megas to usually unused Pokes?

Years
    Plenty of Megas were given to popular Pokemon as well (such as Charizard) and to already powerful ones (such as the pseudo-legends). It seems like the only restriction for Megas is that NFE (Not Fully Evolved) Pokemon can't receive them, which makes sense.

Was sort of thinking about this earlier, but I wonder if the Eeveelutions will ever receive Megas. I can't see them receiving any in ORAS, but if they were to receive them, would all of them get ones at once, or only a select few at a time? There's also the possibility Eevee will still continue to receive more evos., especially since not all of the types have been covered.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    GF should also set a limit to their Megas, i mean if some Pokes have it its a feaqture but if everyone gets one is kinda excessive. i believe there are around 350 fully evolved Pokes, not more than 100 should have a Mega and those who should get one in the future should be rarely used atm.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    If the Latis' Mega models were to receive redesigns, that would be stupendous. I disliked that they looked almost exactly the same (though it did make sense since they're siblings, plus their normal and shiny color palettes are combinations of their non-Mega normal and shiny colors) and would prefer that they at least have different color palettes.
    This. I'd love it if this happened. Probably won't, but still...

Thing is, though, at first I found them to be ugly, but I kinda find them to be clumsily cute now xP

Also, concerning other pokemon... Mega Breloom would be nice, along with Mega Milotic and Mega Flygon.
    Mega Salamence would just wreck teams though...

Years
    Plenty of Megas were given to popular Pokemon as well (such as Charizard) and to already powerful ones (such as the pseudo-legends). It seems like the only restriction for Megas is that NFE (Not Fully Evolved) Pokemon can't receive them, which makes sense.

Was sort of thinking about this earlier, but I wonder if the Eeveelutions will ever receive Megas. I can't see them receiving any in ORAS, but if they were to receive them, would all of them get ones at once, or only a select few at a time? There's also the possibility Eevee will still continue to receive more evos., especially since not all of the types have been covered.

It's possible only the Kanto, aka the original Eeveelutions, could get Megas. After all Gardevoir got a Mega, yet Gallade hasn't despite being evolved from the same mon :(

Years
    If there's a mega dragonite. I won't know wat it's stone gonna be. Dragonite? Dragonate? Idk

Am I the only fan of a dunsparce. I really hope it can get a mega evolution so I can sweep more during wifi battles

Actually, when Megas where first revealed in x and y I heard alot of people asking for Mega Dunsparce

Recently I've been thinking about it. Mega Breloom would be awesome
    Mega Tropius would be as well

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I am wondering if there going to be a Special Pokemon that get new Megevolution in various Generation like Eevee.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back