• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • You mean for this issue right? Those may come later. I do hope there's another page. I wonder if the remaining Mega may be a Mega of a non Gen III introduced Pokemon (to make it so that Mega Lopunny doesn't stick out against the rest). I am hoping it'll be Mega Luxray (Electric/Dark with Strong Jaw's please).

In thinking if it is a Sinnoh pokemon, it will be Mega Roserade.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Electric/Dark Mega Luxray would be neat! I can see a couple more Sinnoh Pokemon receiving Megas in ORAS. Although I'd still prefer Gen. V Megas. Maybe in addition to Luxray, there'll be Mega Froslass (would be good for Glacia, that's for sure) and Mega Dusknoir (good for Phoebe)? Ice/Ghost is a nifty combo, and I can see Mega Froslass with Prankster much like Mega Banette or Shadow Tag like Mega Gengar. It has Destiny Bond, Spikes, and Disable, so it'd be relatively useful. As for Mega Dusknoir, I could see it sacrificing its good Defense & Special Defense for offense, sort of like Mega Diancie. (Though, if it has low Speed, lowering its defenses may not be that good, mm.)

Oh yea, I totally forgot that with the introduction of Mega Salamence that gives another Elite Four member a Mega Evolution. I can definitely see these two as possible, now. I think the problem with Mega Froslass would be that Glacia's main is actually Walrein. I can't really see a Mega Walrein happening? But I like your idea for Mega Froslass.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Oh yea, I totally forgot that with the introduction of Mega Salamence that gives another Elite Four member a Mega Evolution. I can definitely see these two as possible, now. I think the problem with Mega Froslass would be that Glacia's main is actually Walrein. I can't really see a Mega Walrein happening? But I like your idea for Mega Froslass.

It's possible that her main may have actually been one of her female Glalie's. After all most thought Sidney's ace was his Absol, not Shiftry.

Also, even if Salamence does have a Mega now, it doesn't mean Drake will end up using it. Siebold had a Gyarados, and sadly it didn't go Mega on us. I'm hoping that Drake at least uses Mega Salamence so we can see both Megas Hoenn Pseudos in action.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • It's possible that her main may have actually been one of her female Glalie's. After all most thought Sidney's ace was his Absol, not Shiftry.

Also, even if Salamence does have a Mega now, it doesn't mean Drake will end up using it. Siebold had a Gyarados, and sadly it didn't go Mega on us. I'm hoping that Drake at least uses Mega Salamence so we can see both Megas Hoenn Pseudos in action.

Aren't their mains their highest level Pokemon? In which case it wouldn't be Glalie but Walrein. And I never said Drake would use it, I meant that it was an Elite Four's main Pokemon being given a Mega Evolution so he would at least have access to it. There's no way to know whether he actually will now.

Years
  • Aren't their mains their highest level Pokemon? In which case it wouldn't be Glalie but Walrein. And I never said Drake would use it, I meant that it was an Elite Four's main Pokemon being given a Mega Evolution so he would at least have access to it. There's no way to know whether he actually will now.

Nope, Absol is Sidney's highest level Pokemon in RSE, not Shiftry. But Shiftry is his ace it seems.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • Mega Salamence is going to be OP. First lets look at Salamence's stats:

HP: 95
    Att: 135
    Def: 80
    Sp. Att: 110
    Sp. Def: 80
    Speed: 100
    Base Total: 600

We all know that mega evolution's gain a total of 100 base total. And this new Mega Salamence definitely looks like its Att went up and its Speed. I am going to predict stats similar to this for Mega Salamence:

Att: 165
    Def: 100
    Sp. Def: 100
    Speed: 130
    Base Total: 700

A minor boost to defenses, and a good boost to attack and speed. This would make it fairly fast, very strong, and give it decent bulk. Now imagine a Mega-Salamence with this set.

Mega Salamence w/ Aerialate
    Dragon Dance
    Giga Impact/Double Edge
    Outrage
    Earthquake/Roost

This would allow Salamence to be a godly threat after one dragon dance. Flying-type double edge with a boost because of aerialte (it is basically a stronger base power brave bird). Or you could run Giga Impact for massive damage. Not to mention the fact that when you first send out Salamence, it uses intimidate. Which means it can set up well against physical attackers. The only Pokemon I can think of that resist Dragon/Flying are steel types, which is why I included Earthquake as a possibility instead of Roost.

Anyone else seeing a rise in the use of Salamence once its mega it released?

Years
  • If you look closely at Mega Salamence's design you can see that he actually does have arms, he just has them facing forward. You can see a tiny claw underneath the steel armor. It's growing on me now. lol

I noticed it's arms before, but couldn't see the claws. But now that I can. I wonder if what looks like armor on it may actually be the extension of it's claws. So when it lands it could hold out it's arms and it's large claws will slow it down so that it can land safely...
    Mega Salamence is going to be OP. First lets look at Salamence's stats:

Att: 135
    Def: 80
    Sp. Def: 80
    Speed: 100
    Base Total: 600

We all know that mega evolution's gain a total of 100 base total. And this new Mega Salamence definitely looks like its Att went up and its Speed. I am going to predict stats similar to this for Mega Salamence:

Att: 165
    Def: 100
    Sp. Def: 100
    Speed: 130
    Base Total: 700

A minor boost to defenses, and a good boost to attack and speed. This would make it fairly fast, very strong, and give it decent bulk. Now imagine a Mega-Salamence with this set.

Mega Salamence w/ Aerialate
    Dragon Dance
    Giga Impact/Double Edge
    Outrage
    Earthquake/Roost

This would allow Salamence to be a godly threat after one dragon dance. Flying-type double edge with a boost because of aerialte (it is basically a stronger base power brave bird). Or you could run Giga Impact for massive damage. Not to mention the fact that when you first send out Salamence, it uses intimidate. Which means it can set up well against physical attackers. The only Pokemon I can think of that resist Dragon/Flying are steel types, which is why I included Earthquake as a possibility instead of Roost.

Anyone else seeing a rise in the use of Salamence once its mega it released?
    Actually Mega Salamence is confirmed to be getting a boost in it's defense, nothing has been said about it's other stats, but chances are they'll get an increase too, but with defense getting the biggest boost (as it is the one being highlighted in Corocoro).

Years
  • SALEMENCE
    HP: 95 Att: 135 Def: 80 Sp. Att: 110 Sp. Def: 80 Speed: 100 Base Total: 600
    Mega
    Hp: 95 Att: 155 Def: 110 Sp. Att:120 Sp.def 100 Speed: 120 Base Total 700?
    Could work. Would be scary after a dragon dance cx

Years
  • I also apparently realized the Swablu line learns Hyper Voice as an egg move... thank god it didn't suffer the "Pixilate curse" lol. The reason why I named it that was because the two other Pixilate users - Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon, need to learn Hyper Voice in B2/W2 (the latter's case while it's still an Eevee) and then needed Pokemon Bank to transfer to 6th Gen.

At least getting Hyper Voice onto Altaria won't be as painful of a process.

Years
  • My predictions for Mega stat changes:

Salamence:
    Atk: 135 > 155 (+20)
    Def: 80 > 120 (+40)
    Sp. Atk: 110 > 120 (+10)
    Sp. Def: 80 > 100 (+20)
    Speed: 100 > 110 (+10)

It already has amazing Attack and good Speed, plus it has access to Dragon Dance, making said stats even better @_@ I could maybe see the increases in Sp. Atk. and Sp. Def. being swapped (making it 130 Sp. Atk. and 90 Sp. Def.).

---

Altaria:
    HP: 75
    Atk: 70 > 120 (+50)
    Def: 90 > 100 (+10)
    Sp. Atk: 70 > 90 (+20)
    Sp. Def: 105 > 115 (+10)
    Speed: 80 > 90 (+10)

70 base Attack is rather low, so I can see it getting a big boost. 90 Speed, while not the greatest, isn't too bad when you consider Altaria has pretty good defenses (and access to Cotton Guard to further boost its Defense). Plus, like Salamence it also gets Dragon Dance, so it can boost its Speed if need be.

---

Lopunny:
    HP: 65
    Atk: 76 > 106 (+30)
    Def: 84 > 94 (+10)
    Sp. Atk: 54 > 94 (+40)
    Sp. Def: 96 > 106 (+10)
    Speed: 105 > 115 (+10)

I didn't realize how bad most of Lopunny's stats (particularly its attacking ones) were until I looked it up @_@ Anyway, since it was stated it'd receive a boost in Attack and Special Attack, I imagine the other stats won't receive too huge a boost, especially if they want to make Lopunny somewhat mixed.

Years
  • My predictions for Mega stat changes:

Salamence:
    Atk: 135 > 155 (+20)
    Def: 80 > 120 (+40)
    Sp. Atk: 110 > 120 (+10)
    Sp. Def: 80 > 100 (+20)
    Speed: 100 > 110 (+10)

It already has amazing Attack and good Speed, plus it has access to Dragon Dance, making said stats even better @_@ I could maybe see the increases in Sp. Atk. and Sp. Def. being swapped (making it 130 Sp. Atk. and 90 Sp. Def.).

---

Altaria:
    HP: 75
    Atk: 70 > 120 (+50)
    Def: 90 > 100 (+10)
    Sp. Atk: 70 > 90 (+20)
    Sp. Def: 105 > 115 (+10)
    Speed: 80 > 90 (+10)

70 base Attack is rather low, so I can see it getting a big boost. 90 Speed, while not the greatest, isn't too bad when you consider Altaria has pretty good defenses (and access to Cotton Guard to further boost its Defense). Plus, like Salamence it also gets Dragon Dance, so it can boost its Speed if need be.

---

Lopunny:
    HP: 65
    Atk: 76 > 106 (+30)
    Def: 84 > 94 (+10)
    Sp. Atk: 54 > 94 (+40)
    Sp. Def: 96 > 106 (+10)
    Speed: 105 > 115 (+10)

I didn't realize how bad most of Lopunny's stats (particularly its attacking ones) were until I looked it up @_@ Anyway, since it was stated it'd receive a boost in Attack and Special Attack, I imagine the other stats won't receive too huge a boost, especially if they want to make Lopunny somewhat mixed.
    I'm hoping they'll give Lopunny and Altaria a slightly bigger boost (same for Sableye) than the 100 over all stat boost seen in most of the Megas. Alakazam had 90, so perhaps these could get a 110 boost :3

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Mega Altaria - Immediate Ban Consideration by Smogon?

Let's review the defensive matchups.

- Not hurt by Dragon
    - 0.5x: Fighting, Bug, Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Dark
    - 2x: Poison, Steel, Ice, Fairy

An immunity and seven resistances; almost half the available types, including very common Dragon, Dark, and all three starter types. Is there any question that Mega Altaria will be banned there in a week, or even just days? Discuss.

corocoro9141th.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
  • Depends on how much speed boost she's getting I would say, seeing that she already got Dragon Dance/ Agility.

She also got a bunch of useful moves like Refresh, Perish Song, Roost, not to mention STAB Dragon/Fairy moves with Pixilate, making she extremely hard to wall or revenge kill once she is able to outspeed your team, and you really can't set up on her due to Perish Song...

So ya, a suspect test is definitely out of question, and possibly a ban from OU I'd say.
    I'm not a top player or anything but that's my two cents.

PS: Her dragon companions are gonna cry... Come to think of it, I should start breeding for one...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not sure if it'd exactly be worth banning it. Well, maybe it would (nobody used's it by-hand as of yet, so it's hard to say), but I personally wouldn't like it, honestly. Altaria is sort of an underrated Pokémon, and with this mega-form, it's finally getting some chance to shine; seeing this taken away as instantly like this is, in my opinion, definitely not okay.

So far, those judgement are made from immunity, resistances, and weakness; stats and ability haven't been released yet, though (have they?), so I suppose a final decision can't be reached until they officially are.

Years
  • I'm not sure if it'd exactly be worth banning it. Well, maybe it would (nobody used's it by-hand as of yet, so it's hard to say), but I personally wouldn't like it, honestly. Altaria is sort of an underrated Pokémon, and with this mega-form, it's finally getting some chance to shine; seeing this taken away as instantly like this is, in my opinion, definitely not okay.

So far, those judgement are made from immunity, resistances, and weakness; stats and ability haven't been released yet, though (have they?), so I suppose a final decision can't be reached until they officially are.

The Pixilate ability is confirmed, but not the stats.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Is it bad I think I am the only one whom think the Mega Salamence is so chic?
    It looks like it'll have increased speed.

Don't like the Mega Lopunny though.

ALTARIA OMG YES <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back