• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • There are these screencaps:

Spoiler:

Also there's an image based guide to how to easily learn Korean somewhere; if you find that and learn it you can read it yourself 8D /brick'd

What I find amusing is that in the Audino screenshot, Blaziken suddenly devolves into Combusken. (Of course, it could be a different battle, but it's still funny XD)

Interestingly both battles are double battles (look at the right of the circle in the shot where Audino is by itself). Also it looks like Sceptile was just healed in the other picture. So perhaps it is the same battle...with a glitch in the beta. Which would explain why Audino seems to lack the Mega emblem next to it's name in the only screenshot to show it's name.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Wow. Mega Slowbro looks ridiculous. Like...what the hell? Sorry if anyone here likes it, but it just looks weird to me. There's a fine line between looking attractively clunky and looking weirdly clunky, and I think Mega Slowbro has crossed that line and then stomped all over it. Regular Slowbro has a more appealing design.

I do like that they've chosen a relatively "forgotten" and under-appreciated Pokémon, though, as I feel that a lot of Mega Evolutions have basically been them catering to fanboys and picking already über Pokémon and making them more über. However, I would have gone a different route. If I was gonna go with a relatively forgotten and/or undervalued Generation I Pokémon, I would have chosen either Cloyster or Rapidash. If I remember correctly, both were pretty "popular" (using a loose definition of that word here) back in the day, but have since faded away from the spotlight. Giving Slowbro a Mega and not Slowking creates the same kind of imbalance that giving Gardevoir one but not Gallade did.

Also, enough with the Fairies, guys. Jesus. I actually kind of liked that they kept Audino as a Normal type in Gen 6, but of course they now have to slap the Fairy type on there.

Years
  • Wow, um, officially be prepare for literally any Pokemon to get a Mega at this point. These are such random choices for a Hoenn remake, I guess they don't give the region of the newest game any weight when deciding what Pokemon to give Megas. I think one of the main things this confirms is that Pokemon that have an evolution (Slowbro -> Slowking) can still receive a Mega evolution. MegaBro is so digusting though, hate that design.

Mega Audino is sooo adorable though omg <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Erm... Slowbro doesn't evolve into Slaking.
    And Slowbro's a final evo. It doesn't evolve again. =/
    https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/079.shtml

Even though its still incorrect, he probably meant Slowking. Although, I've never noticed before how Slowking and Slaking have such similar names. It really makes you wonder how much thought Gamefreak and the localizers put into naming every Pokémon. I probably would have names Slaking "Slakong" instead to avoid the confusion.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • o__o; my whole life is a lie?!

scratch that, nothing is revealed carry on

it's late sorry im not a pokemon connoisseur ;;

Also it's Slowking that is related to Slowpoke, not Slaking. I really think you should really rest Pep.

I hope Slowking get's a Mega, even if it is more popular than Slowbro (much like Gallade was more popular than Gardevoir). Since Slowbro is getting a boost in defense and special attack for it's Mega, I see Slowking getting a boost in special defense and special attack.
    Since this is what I think Mega Slowbro may have in terms of stats:
    HP: 95
    Atk: 75
    Def: 110 > 150 (+ 40)
    Sp. Atk: 100 > 150 (+50)
    Sp. Def: 80 > 100 (+20)
    Speed: 30 > 20 (-10)

I see Mega Slowking having the same stats except for a reversal of special and defense just like normal Slowking is compared to normal Slowbro.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Mega Audino and Mega Slowbro will be ultimate walls! I think we will see a wider variety of Pokemon in Ruby/Sapphire since Audino was not introduced until Generation 5. Also, I was on reddit and thought this was funny:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Mega Audino's likely gonna be best in Doubles/Triples due to its Ability and bulk. If it's solo, though, it'll probably be a staller, healer, or dual screens setter. It's got access to a lot of supportive moves--Heal Bell, Healing Wish, Wish, Yawn, Toxic, Encore, Reflect, Light Screen, Entrainment, Simple Beam, and Heal Pulse, to name quite a few. And then meanwhile Mega Slowbro has its good movepool, with Slack Off, Surf, Psychic, Psyshock, Yawn, Ice Beam, freakin' Flamethrower, and freakin' Fire Blast. It'll definitely be fun to use, that's for sure. GF should give it Twister or Whirlwind or something as a shoutout to its top-like shape.

Years
  • I missed the reveal of Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino due to being in hospital, but oh man here's my reaction and be warned it's quite a hilarious one.

Mega Slowbro apparently looks so funny I'm telling ya! Although after reading PlatinumDude's posts in Battling & Team Building, Mega Slowbro's ability Shell Armor is quite underwhelming at a competitive glance (Regenerator outclasses it) but it's sorta fitting given the shell takes over all of Slowbro's body now.

And yay Mega Audino! About time Unova got a Mega of its own because 5th Gen is so underappreciated, and Audino in my opinion needed a boost of some sort. I also love how she turns all white, and gains Fairy-type which I think was definitely expected given Audino is in the Fairy egg group. Bit sad it keeps Healer (one of its normal abilities) which means useless in singles but at least she'll be nice in doubles and triples. You can definitely say my love for the healing rabbit went up 10x after seeing this Mega.

MeetMeInUtopia

Do You Think you can tell...
    Years
  • With all the talk about mega pokemon it has quickly made me realize that I'm a little over the initial excitement. While I do like the over all designs I don't think there's one in particular that I want to use outside of Mega Swampert and Sceptile.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Well, if Slowpoke can evolve into either Slowbro or Slowking, and we have a Mega Slowbro confirmed, wouldn't one think that a Mega Slowking may be possible?

Gardevoir had a Megavolution while Gallade didn't. So I'm not going to get my hopes up.
    ...actually, I'm hoping for Slowking to NOT get a Megavolution, so I guess I should get my hopes up for that. :P

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I guess they don't give the region of the newest game any weight when deciding what Pokemon to give Megas.

6 Hoenn megas to 4 non Hoenn megas (each a different region) says otherwise. The comparison is more like 6-1-1-1-1. Overall it's pretty close but Hoenn clearly does have an emphasis over any other particular region.

Plus there's the fairly likely Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt to consider. Also if we get another 28-30 megas that's still another 18-20 left to see and a good number of them will probably be Hoenn pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 6 Hoenn/4 Non-Hoenn is almost equal in distribution, but yes Hoenn still does have majority. I was almost certain Sharpedo & Camerupt would receive Megas, but now I'm not so certain. d:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • 6 Hoenn/4 Non-Hoenn is almost equal in distribution, but yes Hoenn still does have majority. I was almost certain Sharpedo & Camerupt would receive Megas, but now I'm not so certain. d:

If sharpedo and camerupt didn't get megas, which pokemon will Maxie/Archie mega evolve?

Years

Why are you not so sure? Because they haven't been revealed? iirc neither were MegaGyarados and Mega Gardivior either

I'm pretty sure there is going to be a few Megas that won't be revealed....

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    Woah, Mega Slowbro looks weird... I think it's the first Mega I actually don't like...
    And Mega Audino looks nice, but Audino's just meh to me. Besides, the ability is only suited for Doubles. Sorry you two, but you aren't for me. And also, I've seen a lot of people react negatively to Mega Slowbro. GameFreak really screwed up with him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back