• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I think Porygon Z should come in Pokemon Z if that's what they're going to call it xD.
    Warning:
    Spoiler:

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • I don't see how anything was "leaked" there...

Also, it's pretty funny how people aren't talking about new evolutions anymore, just mega-evolutions. Gamefreak, you clever bastards you.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I don't see how anything was "leaked" there...

Also, it's pretty funny how people aren't talking about new evolutions anymore, just mega-evolutions. Gamefreak, you clever bastards you.
    When I first read the thing about porygon-z, I thought evolution, but it's already a third stage, so it's extremely unlikely.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    That poster so suspect though. Why have some as Megas and some as not?! And why is Slowbro the only one with a shadow behind it like the image on the official site but not the rest?

It looks very well done, but to me, it seems to be Photoshopped.

It actually is real. It's in an exhibition in Spain currently. Check Hiro's or Melkor's twitter, they posted a picture of the thing from a different angle.

Why are people thinking there are only 7 more Megas left? Just because there are empty placeholders/space for potential Mega Stones? It's extracted from a DEMO, everything can change.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Although the picture seems to be real, that doesn't necessarily mean that all the Pokemon featured in the poster are gonna get Megas. Sure, all the other ones in there got megas, but Milotic, Slaking, Seviper, and Zangoose are all prominent Hoenn pokes, so it'd make sense for them to be on a poster of the remakes of the Hoenn games.

Years
  • As much as I'd hate to admit this, I think that they may not reveal any more Megas. The ones we had shown to us for the past few months might be all we're getting in terms of new Megas.

The reason I think this might be the case is because I downloaded the models as shown in the Dex via one of the links posted on the huge Pastebin demo dump and I didn't see any more Megas in the dump other than what was already revealed.

So this means it'll add up to a total of 18 Megas and the 2 Primals (Kyogre and Groudon), and also the new alternate form for Hoopa meaning a grand total of 21 new alternate forms in the games.

I'm assuming that's all we'll be getting, so don't get hopes up for additional Megas. Hopefully more will get a chance in Z or whatever the third Kalos game will be.

Years
  • As much as I'd hate to admit this, I think that they may not reveal any more Megas. The ones we had shown to us for the past few months might be all we're getting in terms of new Megas.

The reason I think this might be the case is because I downloaded the models as shown in the Dex via one of the links posted on the huge Pastebin demo dump and I didn't see any more Megas in the dump other than what was already revealed.

So this means it'll add up to a total of 18 Megas and the 2 Primals (Kyogre and Groudon), and also the new alternate form for Hoopa meaning a grand total of 21 new alternate forms in the games.

I'm assuming that's all we'll be getting, so don't get hopes up for additional Megas. Hopefully more will get a chance in Z or whatever the third Kalos game will be.

Of course you didn't, nor did the ones who originally did the dumping and leaked this stuff in the first place. They did find a lot of place holders for several things. Also there's missing data in the demo anyways, for example the flying around Hoenn mechanic. So it's possible GF managed to get rid of the data for the rest, but somehow left Hoopa's forme's data there, among other things.

I still think we could see more Megas. Hopefully at least Mega Johto starters, and Mega Lugia, Mega Ho-oh, and the Mega beasts (at least Suicune out of the three to get the Gen II mascot's Megas over with, along with the starters from that generation)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire said:
    I still think we could see more Megas. Hopefully at least Mega Johto starters, and Mega Lugia, Mega Ho-oh, and the Mega beasts (at least Suicune out of the three to get the Gen II mascot's Megas over with, along with the starters from that generation)

Just curious--what makes us believe they will be introducing any Johto mega-forms in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? I know that Hoenn is slightly connected to the region, in some way, but is there any other reasoning we have aside from it?

I'd love to see megas for Lugia and Ho-oh at some point, though, personally, as well as Raikou, Suicune, and Entei! They're few of my most favorite legendary Pokémon out there, aha. If Suicune were to get one, I feel it'd be wise if they had given it some Speed boost, as well as Defense and Special Defense. Since most of us utilize this Pokémon as wall, this would make things much more easy, I'm sure.

Years
  • Just curious--what makes us believe they will be introducing any Johto mega-forms in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? I know that Hoenn is slightly connected to the region, in some way, but is there any other reasoning we have aside from it?

I'd love to see megas for Lugia and Ho-oh at some point, though, personally, as well as Raikou, Suicune, and Entei! They're few of my most favorite legendary Pokémon out there, aha. If Suicune were to get one, I feel it'd be wise if they had given it some Speed boost, as well as Defense and Special Defense. Since most of us utilize this Pokémon as wall, this would make things much more easy, I'm sure.
    Well in Emerald Birch gave us one as a gift. Also the players come from Olivine (which btw is the most common mineral in the crust, and the town happens to be a port (land and sea) so I'm guessing the player coming from there was fitting), Johto, so it'll be fitting for the Johto starters to get Megas with the first characters we get to play as using them being Johto natives. But if it doesn't happen in these games then hopefully in Z or in the Gen VII initial pair.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    You know What piss me of about Megevolution -
    Every Electric Rodent can have Megevolution accept Pikachu
    If Only , Rayquaza could grant Pikachu that Power of Megevolution but take away Pikachu's ability to evolve into Raichu.

Years
  • You know what pisses me off about Megevolutions? -
    Every Electric Rodent can have Megevolution except Pikachu
    If Only , Rayquaza could grant Pikachu that Power of Megevolution, but take away Pikachu's ability to evolve into Raichu.
    Points at Pichu (it can't go Mega either as it's not evolved). Besides Pikachu already got those Cosplay costumes...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • You know What piss me of about Megevolution -
    Every Electric Rodent can have Megevolution accept Pikachu
    If Only , Rayquaza could grant Pikachu that Power of Megevolution but take away Pikachu's ability to evolve into Raichu.

Hold on, where did you get this information? There's no confirmed Mega Evolutions for the Pikachu clones as far as I know.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Hold on, where did you get this information? There's no confirmed Mega Evolutions for the Pikachu clones as far as I know.

But all of them can Megevolve since they doesn't evolve further.
    While its impossible for Pikachu because he evolve into Raichu So the Megevolution will go to Raichu.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    But would they even consider giving Megas to the Pika clones in the first place? Besides, Pikachu got pampered by getting a set of new costumes that even come with special moves for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back