• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolutions Discussion and Speculation

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Yeah the Kalos Pokémon appear like they'll be overshadowed by some of the ones from past gens that got Megas, at least for these two games...

Just remember, its not easy (assumption due to them being core items..we may get 1 specific one but after that we actually have to look for them) to find the Mega stones and not all of them are even available in the game. We know of one that isn't in either set of games, and as it stands, the other 14 may not be in the games either. (The Starter's Mega Stones...this is assuming all Starters get a Mega Evolution beside the Kalos since the rumor is saying no 6th Gen is getting Mega Evolutions)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    It could end up having any Kalos mega next year or in 2 years. Even if you have one mega I'm sure some will take Mega Charizard or Mega Blaziken over Fennekin last evo.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Go to the Pokemon Official site and read the Torchic Distribution again. I think the "not availible in game" Is refering to the Torchic's DW Ability Speed Boost. Mega-Blaziken will always have Speed Boost, but BW Torchic isn't availible in-game.

I think Colecting All Mega Stones will be like Colecting all TMs in BWB2W2. You get some of them easy... and some of them are HARD, but they are all in game - Like the TMs.

And, I do think the Kalso Starter Megas will be THE selling point of the Sequel/s.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Go to the Pokemon Official site and read the Torchic Distribution again. I think the "not availible in game" Is refering to the Torchic's DW Ability Speed Boost. Mega-Blaziken will always have Speed Boost, but BW Torchic isn't availible in-game.

I think Colecting All Mega Stones will be like Colecting all TMs in BWB2W2. You get some of them easy... and some of them are HARD, but they are all in game - Like the TMs.

And, I do think the Kalso Starter Megas will be THE selling point of the Sequel/s.

They said that Torchic's Mega Stone will not be available in the game.

Mega Blaziken
    If you miss your chance to receive this Torchic as a gift, you will not be able to Mega Evolve Blaziken. Get Torchic and the Blazikenite, and blaze toward Mega Evolution!

This is before the part with Mega Blaziken. It specifically says if you miss the event you won't be able to get a Mega Blaziken in your game (at least until its redistributed again later down the line)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Oh great. And I thought I could get the Blazikenite in-game. Here's to another set of squashed hopes.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    No, my region is nowhere close to the event regions... I guess I'll just have to use AR codes, as much as I hate them. If there was a AR code for getting items, that is.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I don't think you need to go to a store for the Torchic, I think you just need a wifi internet connection. I hope the other events will be like that.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I too hope they'll be by wi-fi. AR codes don't sound bad...GF should've made them that way...less trouble if one missed one...

Anyways I'm hoping Ludicolo and Shifty get Megas. Ludicolo could get Drizzle (infinite rain dance...and it's ways dancing xD) while Shifty gets a new ability.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • WHY do they put stuff in the game and NEVER LET YOU USE IT?

All the starters got DW abilities, but never released them in earnest. So no one gets to play with them outside of Pokemon Showdown and the like.

The Azure Flue to catch Arceus was never released, they just made it a boring Toys-R-Us download.

I Hope these Mega-Stones can be traded from game-to-game. That way all we need is an item cloning create and everybody gets to play.

-----------

On a less angry note... Keckleon could use a Mega. His ability Color Change is only interesting when he is taking hits, so making him a tank would make Color Change more exciting. He would be a wall that you have to take out with a clever combination of moves. His Special Defense is already 120, so just boost his Defense and HP a little bit and you are done.

He could also use a move that changes type with him, like Arcus's Judgment, but like 60 power instead of 100.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Is this stuff about Kalos Pokémon not getting any Mega Evolutions true? Or is it some random rumor/speculation?

That would really be lame if it's actually true, how does that make any sense when the Mega Evolution stuff is found in the Kalos region?

Years
  • Is this stuff about Kalos Pokémon not getting any Mega Evolutions true? Or is it some random rumor/speculation?

That would really be lame if it's actually true, how does that make any sense when the Mega Evolution stuff is found in the Kalos region?

Its true, and actually can understand this.
    The mega evo ment to make old pokemon more fresh and new, but the kalos pokemons which are new don't need such a thing.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Its true, and actually can understand this.
    The mega evo ment to make old pokemon more fresh and new, but the kalos pokemons which are new don't need such a thing.

That is your point of view, but i'm mainly leaning toward it's story
    I'm pretty sure that the story will involve the Mega Evolution existense,
    If all the regions expect generation 6 will get at least one Mega evolution wouldn't that be, eh.. out of place? I can understand giving other older generation making some fresh and new looks, but I see that more of a personal favor for the fans which has nothing to do with the story. I'm okay with generation 6 not getting Mega evolutions I just hope they make it clear for the reason: Why they don't get any at all. This is the Kalos region after all.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • That is your point of view, but i'm mainly leaning toward it's story
    I'm pretty sure that the story will involve the Mega Evolution existense,
    If all the regions expect generation 6 will get at least one Mega evolution wouldn't that be, eh.. out of place? I can understand giving other older generation making some fresh and new looks, but I see that more of a personal favor for the fans which has nothing to do with the story. I'm okay with generation 6 not getting Mega evolutions I just hope they make it clear for the reason: Why they don't get any at all. This is the Kalos region after all.

They'll probably get some in the third version to make them newer and say they discovered them.

Now I'm thinking Gen 5 will also not get much Mega evolutions...if any. As we have yet to see any.

Back