• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolutions: Which ones do you want next?

do you think Pokemon will release more Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
  • At first, I was under the impression that all the starters would be receiving mega evolutions. I was wrong. :'( Would love to see all the starters' final forms receiving mega evolutions in future generations, though. Perhaps in gen VII? :D
    As for Pokemon which I would've liked to see given a mega evo, I would've liked to see some of my favourite Pokemon such as Suicune and Articuno receive mega evolutions, since they're fairly underpowered for regular use. I would like to include them in a team without being obliterated. I felt like it was unfair giving some already-powerful Pokemon (like Garchomp, Tyranitar, Mewtwo and others) mega evolutions. Game Freak took a step in the right direction giving some underpowered Pokemon such as Absol and Mawile mega evolutions with great abilities, and I think they should continue this trend.
    It was also a shame to see that no gen V and VI Pokemon received mega evolutions (if I can remember correctly). The newer generations should get some mega evo love too. :'(

Years
  • Not to many more. Mega Evolutions are cool and all, but if they add alot more, I feel that it will mess up them metagame and or just make the meta game only prediction based.
    I like them, but I don't know.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I would love to see a lot more Mega Evolutions next time. I don't really mind which Pokemon get Mega Evolutions though. XD Maybe the starters? Or some other legendaries?

Part of me doesn't want any other legendaries to get mega evos. That could mess up the metagame more than I care for by giving us too many possibly OP Pokemon.

...and then part of me is like "Bring the OP Pokemon! I want to slaughter the opposition!", because you develop a thirst for extreme overkill when you play the Disgaea series and such.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • To balance the Mega Evolutions, they could have the Pokemon trade-off advantages somehow. If it gets more Special Attack, perhaps its Speed drops down a lot.

I've always wanted the developers to do that with the different evolution stages of ALL pokemon. In the cartoon a Stage 1 or Basic Pokemon can hold their own against final-stage evolutions; That could easily be explained away with levels I suppose.

What would be interesting is to have their base stats fluctuate depending on what stage they are in. Say, Aggron gets insane defense values, but its attack values are weaker than Larion. Pikachu is faster than Raichu, so it's Electro Ball does a lot more damage, but Raichu gets a lot of more attack power and would be better off using physical attacks. It would kind of pigeon-hole Pokemon to certain roles/builds, but we have that anyways :)

The benefit to all of that could create a LOT of development room to modify moves to care about having higher or lower attribute values than the opponent.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • The mega evolutions are so awesome. I do hope they include more pokemon for them. It actually reminds me of Digimon in some way. I used to be a huge Digimon fan back in the day. :3

Anyway, I would love to see a mega evolution for Flygon. Mainly because this is my most favorite pokemon ever, so it's all I could come up with too. XD But yeah. I think it would be really awesome though. <3

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    I must have Mega Flygon. Dragon/Bug please.

Any other Mega bugs would be amazing. Crustle & Volcarona would slay.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'd like to see Mega Evolutions for Sceptile, Swampert, Sableye, Mightyena, Raichu, Machamp, Golem, Arbok, Sandslash, Lilligant, Whimsicott, Sigilyph, Basculin, Druddigon, Galvantula, and Golurk.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I'd like to see more mega evolutions, but I'd really prefer getting some normal evolutions for weaker Pokemon. I'm still waiting for Delcatty to be viable. But it needs a regular evolution not a mega.

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
    Years
  • I think there should be Mega Evolutions for Kalos Pokemon. There isn't a single Kalos Pokemon with a Mega Evolution!

I can also imagine Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile alongside Mega Blaziken.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • I think there should be Mega Evolutions for Kalos Pokemon. There isn't a single Kalos Pokemon with a Mega Evolution!

I can also imagine Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile alongside Mega Blaziken.

Masuda already stated there wont be megas for kalos pokemon.
    This is intentional, as megaevos are fanservice for returning players and balancing for low tier competitive pokes.
    Pokemon from gen VI are meant to be cometitive gainst megaevos on their own, hence you wont see a Kalos-based megaevo until Gen VII is out :)

Non-Legend

Forever Noob
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    Mega evolving poison types (other than gengar of course) could be nice since not to many of them see much use. I'm not sure if many of the ou pokemon really needed mega evos. I saw the concept as a really good way of 'updating' pokemon that had good concepts but made un-useable due to a major flaw or because of freakin power creep.

How about some of those fish pokemon? It'd be interesting if not hilarious to see the fish get more action.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    It's impossible for them to have introduced Mega Evolutions and then leave it alone forever. This is a thing now. They are absolutely going to keep adding new ones.

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • Mega evolutions are going to be continuously added with each new gen I'd bet. I'm just wondering how long before a mega raichu. Though really, i want to see the rest of the starters get one now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I'd like a mega dugtrio for reasons. Also, a mega arcanine could be glorious if executed correctly.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
  • Even though it's already powerful, it seems like Breloom could naturally have a mega evolution. There's a lot of possibilities for expanding its design.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Even though it's already powerful, it seems like Breloom could naturally have a mega evolution. There's a lot of possibilities for expanding its design.

This would be quite epic. If they do decide to give us Mega Breloom, perhaps they could boost its Attack and Speed, making it easier for us to utilize it as sweeper. Either that, or they should only raise its Speed. Its Attack is good enough already, so I wouldn't mind if they left it untouched. xD

Back