• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Memorable Injuries

Years
  • Cutting my forehead on a door when I was around 12, in fact the cut was so deep blood kept spurting out meaning I needed immediate hospital treatment. Had it not been for the operation to put stitches on I would have died.

All that's left of said cut is a very thick scar, which is still felt as a small bump on my forehead.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • I have not been injured, so for me, the closest to being injured was falling off my bicycle at full speed riding down a hill. It only happened weeks ago so the scars from my knees and elbows are still on me as I type this.

Years
  • I never really had anything serious happen to me but when i was little i was carrying a big bag of toys up the stairs and then halfway up the stairs i fell back. I fell down the stairs and hit the back of my head on the wall. Thankfully it was nothing too bad just a mild concussion.

Years
  • When I was 9 or 10 I somehow thought it would be smart to ride my bike down a steep, rocky hill.
    The scar on my knee is still there, as well as a little one on my finger.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I chopped off part of my middle finger at work AND LIVED TO TELL THE TALE. That's the only really serious injury I've had.
    Ewewewew, I remember that picture. Gross ;_;

I'm supposed to pick one? Damn. I guess it'll have to be when I drunk burned myself. Was a second degree burn right on my palm, and took about three weeks to heal. It's only memorable cause of my reaction, though, honestly.

Years
  • I jumped out of my neighbor's swing and dislocated my growth plate on my arm. That same neighbor then threw a badminton racket at my face and hit me right above the eye, a couple months later. They were worried that we'd sue them, haha.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I broke a rib playing tackle football in the indoor gym at my middle school. I was hit at an odd position and it caused me to slide into a metal bench. That sucked, but the worse part was being on bed rest for almost 3 months, and realizing that you can't even sit up without feeling pain and feeling the rib wiggle around inside you.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My "third" finger is a little bit flattened now, since it almost got crushed by accident at my work, 2 years ago... Also last year I got another small accident leaving me with little scar on my chin.

Veil

♫ ♪ ♬ ~
    Years
  • I'm overly cautious about things, so I don't think I've had any major injuries. I once sprained my ankle kicking a ball, but that's about the extent of my injuries. I've never broken anything in my life or had any big injuries like the rest of you guys.

Years
  • The story of how I broke my jaw is ridiculous (even the doctors thought it was weird), and technically it is still broken over 5 years later.

In undergradute I worked casual at a Subway store and I was putting bread away. The cupboards doors are such that they will always try to swing closed. As I was putting the bread tray in my right elbow connected with the closing tray and the neural overload knocked me unconscious. I woke up on the floor a couple seconds later (it took me a while to work out where I was) with a massive gash on my chin (where I obviously landed) and my lower jaw askew.

I then got myself up, my coworker helped me put something on the gash (a bit of bandage stuck to my face with bandaids...). My husband (then boyfriend) and his dad came and took me to a doctor and then the hospital. The doctor charged us $80 to look at the impromptu wound dressing for 5 seconds and tell us which hospital to go to. She didn't even clean and replace the dressing. Stupid doctor. The hospital doctors were much better.

Picture below of the fractures.
    Memorable Injuries

I had surgery on the fracture at my chin, but opted not to have surgery on the main fracture (the joint between the mandible and the skull was completely pulverised) due to the risk of permanent nerve damage.

You can't tell that my jaw is only attached on one side unless I open my mouth really wide (my jaw doesn't open straight).

To be honest, I'm lucky that that was all the damage I sustained. A fall like that could have easily been my last.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm gonna get real with you for a second.
    I was raped last Tuesday.
    I have injuries that tell the story - bruises where he held me down, bit me, bruises from hitting him back.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I broke my right wrist when I was a kid. My dad had us in the basement while he mopped upstairs, and my sister pushed me from the ledge down three steps and I landed on the platform and yeah, not fun.

I also was jumping on a bed with my brother when I was eight or so and he pushed me and I fell off the bed. On the way down, I smacked my head off the headboard and my head started to bleed. My hair was caked with blood lol

My brother also tied a skipping rope around my neck and pushed me down the slide. I was kinda dangling there until I turned blue. My grandmother ended up finding me like that.

My ex-boyfriend used to beat me and intimidate me and then commit sexual assault (way too scared to say anything, since he'd threaten me with knives and stuff). I had a black eye, fat lip and a lot of the time I was covered in bruises on my arms.

Hmm... I think that's about it :) other than about five close-call drownings, but that's not an injury XD (injured my soul ;-; )

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    When I was 15 years old, I used to sleep in a very small room. My bed was under this shelf that had a glass lamp on it. Well, one day I was on my phone and the lamp suddenly crashes onto my face. My left eye bled like crazy and the glass penetrated my skin. It wasn't as severe as some here but that was my most memorable injury..

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I think the most memorable one was when I was 9. I was at summer camp and I was being a normal kid running around and playing. Then all of the sudden, I ran into a barbecue pit and smashed my head. I believe my head was cut and my nose was bleeding. Thank God it wasn't very severe though and all it needed was a bandage and some ice. That's the only one I can remember really, except maybe the time I cut my foot on a huge piece of glass.

Years
  • There's nothing more memorable than having a battle scar from the ovarian surgery I had almost 10 years ago; it's still healing, but it's not an injury that I had control over. Being someone who bruises relatively easily and heals slowly, I still have scars from falls during elementary school. Specifically, this one time I ran down a tar hill, tripped and fell, now I still have a somewhat visible scar from that time and I remember the blood running down from my knee...Ugh.

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
    Years
  • When I was a kid, around the age of 8, I ran down a hill way too fast, and smashed head first into the wall of my house. Fortunately, I did not suffer any brain damage. I did, however, have to get a number of stitches to patch up the hole it made. I now have a scar right where Harry Potter has his, but I've been really sub-conscious about it so I grow my hair out long to cover it.

Last edited:
    Back