• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Memories thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Silver was my first game, and I remember how excited I was to go on my first ever Pokemon journey (like the anime except not quite) with my Cyndaquil. I remember how I would put all my effort into training Cyndaquil and only captured other Pokemon just so I could have a party of six Pokemon. They all ended up being like level 10+ so they were pretty useless later on. If my Cyndaquil (later Typhlosion) happened to lost to a gym leader, it would usually do a lot of damage and I would switch out to another Pokemon until the leader's Pokemon fainted. And then my low leveled Pokemon would grow like 5+ levels after one battle. Haha.

And I remember how I was completely stumped on how to reach Morty in the Ecruteak Gym. I even talked to the trainers in the gym, but what they said didn't make sense. I then just tried different ways to get across until I eventually got it. That was so frustrating at the time.

As stupid as it sounds now, I thought I was the greatest trainer on the planet to have level 100 legends. I thought my team could beat anyone. It destroyed my ego when I finally had Internet and bragged about my team on a Pokemon forum, only to be told by older players that my team was full of ubers. So every time I see people brag about their team and it's made up of mostly legends, it reminds me of that embarrassing moment when I was younger. : P

Wow, that basically my exact story.

Years
  • I remember the OFFICIAL GUIDE that came with my Pokemon Red said there were Tauros in the grass on Cycling Road and I remember I killed like twenty AA batteries looking for a Tauros

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
    Years
  • Staying up till 2am beating the Johto!Elite Four and then beating Brock and Misty... ah memories :D

Not to mention I remember my Gold cart smelled AWESOME :D Ahhhh... shame I lost it years ago :(

Oh yeah, my Togepi was pretty redundant as back then I didn't believe in non-attacking moves. I just use to pump up my starter (more often than not Cyndaquil) to lv. 100 while the rest of my party were lv. 2 Pidgeys or whatever :D

Oh yeah, anticipating the release for months beforehand was fun :D

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Remember that bridge near Misty's gym where you were asked if you wanted to join Team Rocket? I ALWAYS WANTED TO JOIN THEM!!! The game wouldn't let me though... ._."

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
  • Boo! And I wanted to catch the "ghost" of Pokemon tower in Lavender! But I can't... And no one probably caught it. ._.

Years
  • I remember not knowing the legendary dogs (plz dont flame my chosen name of them) traveled and running into Entei, who to this day is my favorite legendary, and him running away and being like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and looking in that grass for like 2 days before giving up

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
  • Blue: I don't know how it happened (probably a glitch or some odd event that'll never happen again), but when I was going through Rock Tunnel, I encountered a level 7 Staryu!! Don't believe me? Yeah, I'd probably say it was a lie as well... but I really did see one and I happened to capture it as well.

Gold: Defeating the Elite Four for the first time. I know it sounded stupid, but I was young back then and I was having real difficulty trying to defeat them with my current team. I remember my brother loaning me his level 70+ Seaking and me crusing through it. I nearly died as well since Seaking ran out of PP and I had to use "Struggle" on Lance's Pokemons to defeat them. I think Seaking was left with a few HP before I managed to take down his Aerodaytcal using Struggle.

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
  • i remember getting pokemon yellow off my older brother and playing for the first time. all i remember from that day is getting it off my brother and pressing down instead of A when oak was talking(darn those misleading arrows!).

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    I remember my level 100 Typhlosion, and my next highest being a level 11 prevolution of Quagmire (Oh noes I am forgetting Pokemon names!)

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
  • One of my first times playing my Pokemon Yellow Version game.
    I was quite young, so yerrr.
    I really loved my Pikachu and I probs only had about 2 other pokemon, who I never ended up leveling up.
    I got up to about the 4th or 5th Gym with my Pikachu at a really good level and these 2 other Lvl 7 pokemon.
    I realised it was a mistake, so I started again :3

salot

Gomu Gomu no Jet Pistol(K.O)
    Years
  • when i wanted to go from my crystal to the town that has gym leader ghost type pokemon and was dark floor down and you could't pass from there except you knew the right way omg 3-4 weeks to pass the route and then a friend om mine told me how :D
    wasted time
    another time i threw my masted ball to a persian lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2010
    I remember being five playing pokemon blue on my brothers gameboy owning every pokemon with his mewtwo, altho i had no idea what iwas doing, but it was fun

dragonite trainer

Retro Gamer, rarely here anymore.
    Years
  • I remember Pokemon crystal, Having to replace the save battery, playing pokemon for the first time, my cyndaquil being a girl, finding raikou and entei on the way to olivine within 6 minutes of each other, finding a level 40 dragonair in dragon's den, discovering that lance was the champion, having a level 70 typhlosion while fighting clair, using the cloning glitch for the first time, finding the red gyrados, seeing a blue- eyed beedrill, and being wasted by red's snorlax, and, of course,getting my sudowoodo.

Mongo

Go Mets!
    Years
  • Catching a Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest at my grandmother's house on Christmas. I received Pokemon Yellow earlier that day. Pidgeot was basically the only Pokemon I used in that game, and was my first level 100. Still have him on my Gold cartridge somewhere. To this day Pidgeot is my favorite Pokemon.

Years
  • RBY: catching a Level 242 Rapidash, catching Mewtwo with my cousin, beating Gary as champion of the first time, a more recent one is catching a mew. this one was unique in that there are 2 ways which i caught mew. the first was with a gameshark, we only had the general encounter code, but no pokemon codes. so i ask my younger brother to put in a random number. he puts in 15, and voila! Mew! also, Catching it semi-legal via the mew glitch was cool too... and i must be the only person in the world to have run from a mew.
    GSC:Playing as a Girl in crystal (strangely),catching a Pikachu after searching all over Johto for one, beating Red, and hearing of all the fake cheat code and glitches thrown around by me and my friends. also, related to the mew glitch, i traded my mew to crystal (and fretting all the way that it might corrupt my data) and seeng the closest thing to a legal event pokemon on a crystal.

Catching a Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest at my grandmother's house on Christmas. I received Pokemon Yellow earlier that day. Pidgeot was basically the only Pokemon I used in that game, and was my first level 100. Still have him on my Gold cartridge somewhere. To this day Pidgeot is my favorite Pokemon.
    well, the last time i played crystal on cartridge, Pidgeot was my strongest Pokemon by far in comparison to the rest of my team. since then, pretty much every team i have has a Pidgeot in it when i can get it in, and ive played a lot of games since then.

Last edited:

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Replaying Crystal a couple of years ago and the Egg the day-care couple gave me hatched into a SHINY Cleffa. (:

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    I remember when we named the rival (my brother and I)...

We named him: Rival.

We thought we were absolutely genius! xD

PuNkSter

Typhlosion is on fire!
    Years
  • Beating Pokemon Yellow in less than 24 hours of playing time.
    Naming my Rival in Pokemon Gold, Mr. Bean.
    Facing my brothers Red Caterpie that was burnt.
    Somehow my brother encountering a male Jynx, but it fled.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back