• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metroid, anyone?

FlameShocker

C++/ASM Programmer
Years
  • I have been wondering this for a while now.... Is anyone else here a Metroid fan? If so, please tell which game(s) is/are your favorite(s). Also, is anyone else looking forward to Other M (it's 2.5d!)?

Let me go ahead and say which one is my favorite so far: Zero Mission (I like the 2D ones better than the 3D ones, but I like the 3D ones, too). However, if Metroid II were remade, it'd be my favorite (the remake, I mean).

Oh, and if you want, state which 3D one is your favorite, which 2D one is your favorite, and which one is your favorite overall. Oh, and Other M would count as a 2D game.

EDIT: Oh, and if you have a reason for why whichever one is your favorite happens to be your favorite, please say the reason. Zero Mission is my favorite 2D one for having the Power Grip and the ability to use only some of the beams at one time (I know it's in Super Metroid, but it was only through hacking in Zero Mission, like with an Action Replay) and Sequence Breaking (if you don't know what that is, search Google or something) (Fusion had Power Grip from the start, but no Sequence Breaking). There were some other reasons, but I forget what they were. Maybe it was the portability of the GBA?

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I haven't played much. Just the Prime series and Zero Mission. Loved Zero Mission, and the original Prime is an absolute masterpiece of a game.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Prime is the only one I've played believe it or not... it's pretty fun though.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • I love Metroid. The Prime games are excellent, definitely some of the best games of their generation.

I'm just getting into Zero Mission and Super Metroid, I can see how perfectly the Prime games translated from 2D to 3D from these.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I've only played Metroid II. Cool though I never completed it. As I understand it's the only game where all stages of the titular creature's life-cycle are actually seen... Considering this and how the others look and play (ie they are not side-scrolling lately), this is the only one I'd consider playing, nice cave setting and the theme is set solely on metroids.

Also, MBD, lolwhat.

Years
  • I'm more a Samus Aran fan than a Metroid game fan.
    I blame it on my "Boba Fettish" towards next to all sci-fi bounty hunters.

Metroid II is hard to find. Must be a Game Boy thing.

And that metroid Pinball game was a funny concept.
    I'd rather play Sonic Spinball or Pokemon Pinball: Ruby/Sapphire.

Immortal_one

Math is power.
    Years
  • Super Metroid, definitely. I like the 3D Metroids, but I've always been a fan of the 16-bit era. There's something about the lush detail of the Super Nintendo that just makes it so much better than everything ^_^

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
  • Hmm thats a tough one, i love Super Metroid and its been a REAAALLLY long time since i played zero mission and fusion. I gave one for credit at a game store and gave the other one away though i would love to play them again. But so far i had a lot of fun playing metroid prime 3 for the wii O_O because you actually gotta aim and shoot with your hand and do pulling motions. Its really cool. But i really can't pick any favorites because each game had its own awesome feature that made it really fun. So i would say all of them.

I remember i played Super Metroid and Metroid 2 before playing metroid 1 i think. Man was metroid 1 hard to play...it was reaaaaally hard. The second one wasn't that bad but it was long and confusing. I played it for the original gameboy way back when it came out.

Now towards the future where there is the other M which looks really cool i am looking forward to it and its new 2.d look. Also i am not sure if any one noticed the metroid prime collection released for the WII? it was really cheap during the christmas season i got it for christmas but i saw it for 20 dollars on sale at best buy. I still haven't played metroid prime 2 so i really want to play that one before i beat prime 3.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • IVe played all of them except Metroid II (Then again I got into this franchise later). Faves have to be Metroid (NES), SUper MEtroid, Fusion and Prime (1 & 3, hated 2). Plus the manga for pre-Metroid was pretty epic. And yes I am waiting patiently for Other M. What a rush! The only thing keeping that fanboy is HGSS's release this year (good timing nintendo)

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Biggest Metroid fan on the forum sweetie, right here! =D You can call me, Justin Bailey! XD

Anyway, my favorite 2D Metroid game is a tie between Super Metroid and the original Metroid. I love Super Metroid because, well everything! Gameplay, music, graphics, everything about the game was flawless. I love the original Metroid just as much, mostly for the nostalgia factor (I played it when I was 7, and beat it too. =p), and it's the hardest one of them all.

My favorite 3D Metroid would go to Metroid Prime 2:Echoes, it was harder and a lot more Metroid elements than the first one. However, I would go say Metroid Prime Triology since it's 3 games in one, but that would be like saying Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World is my favorite Mario game. XD

Back