• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metronome

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
I have to say the Snorlax using fly was hilarious xD

I'm not really bad with metronome, but one time my brother got Roar of Time!

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
Years
Ok, my worst Metronome experience was also in Ruby, Elite Four, against Steven. Last Pokemon on him and me, thought I'd be able to kill it without reviving another of my team. STUPID MOVE, anyway:

Snorlax used Metronome!
Snorlax used Metronome!
Snorlax used Fly!
Attack missed!
Snorlax used Metronome!
Snorlax used Growl!
But it failed!
Snorlax used Metronome!
Snorlax used Splash!
Snorlax used Metronome!
Snorlax used Take Down!!
Snorlax is hit by recoil!
Snorlax fainted!

. . .Yeah.

Thats why I never used Metronome after that. -.-'

Arle Kaa-kun

Wakasyamo DESU! X3
Years
Lulz. I actually like Metronome. Anyway, I don't remember any of my horrible Metronome experiences but I do remember getting Aeroblast in a random battle once.

Tatortotts

I lol'd.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 29, 2012
I really never use metronome.
When I do, though, nothing seems to go wrong.
I guess I'z just lucky woot? :D

-Tator

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016
Togetic, facing a Haunter. In Silver.

Togetic used Metronome!
Togetic used Explosion.

OH GOD TOGETIC YOU DESERVE IT.

ezekiel112

currently inactive battler
Years
yeahh i agree with the post above me..classic Red/Blue.. i was like 8 and didnt know wtf metronome fully did.. so i decided to use it in the tower in lavender town..the outcome was.. a basic cleffable explosion on a damn ghastly..GG stupid pink alien

hourai

それは私が痛い
Years
mine was... believe it or not...

"Clefable used Metronome!"
then right after the third time,
"Clefable used SELF-DESTRUCT!"

i was fighting the elite four too, i was so close to winning :(

Man thats awful in fighting Elite Four when a Pokèmon uses self destruct and you lost in the battle

Lynnx

half listening.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 11, 2009
I've never gotten anything really self-destructive, but my Clefairy did use Aeroblast once in FireRed.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
My weirdest Metronome experiences involve the move Transform. XD

I remember this one time in Blue Version, where I was fighting this NPC who had a Magikarp. And since my Hitmonlee had Metronome, I thought 'Hey, why not? Nearly anything will take out the fish, eh?'

My Hitmonlee then became a Magikarp. O_O

Years
My weirdest Metronome experiences involve the move Transform. XD

I remember this one time in Blue Version, where I was fighting this NPC who had a Magikarp. And since my Hitmonlee had Metronome, I thought 'Hey, why not? Nearly anything will take out the fish, eh?'

My Hitmonlee then became a Magikarp. O_O

XD XD

That's hilarious!

Anyway, I would never use Metronome in a serious battle, of course, but it's fun to do for the laughs. I remember quite a few Pokémon Stadium matches when my opponent and I each picked all Pokémon with Metronome and used no others moves. Always had a lot of fun with that...I miss Metronome as a TM...

crobatdeluxe

You can't be a legend...
Years
Togetic, facing a Haunter. In Silver.

Togetic used Metronome!
Togetic used Explosion.

OH GOD TOGETIC YOU DESERVE IT.

LOL. That got me laughing.

Anyway, I was with my togetic, and battling the second E4 on FR. I was at Gary by then. Togetic lv. 80<last poke> vs. tyranitar I forgot level<last poke too.> It was my last metronome, so I said. "All right!" It turned out to be Explosion!

Togetic used Metronome!
Togetic used Explosion!
<battle scene>
It missed!
Togetic fainted!

Curse you, Togetic!

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
Years
My weirdest experience with my Togetic using Metronome was when it transformed into a Magikarp, then used it again, but this time it turned into a Leech Seed. I was laughing because I thought I had hope against the Magikarp. But after five disappointing factors of no attacking moves, I finally defeated it by a Aura Sphere.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
In a fight with some Crappy pokemon I was using my snorlax and it knew metronome. I just happend to chose meronome. I was expecting something like stat raising/decreasing move or some mediumly powerful move. But my Snorlax just used Volt tackle !!! I was pretty amazed at that. I started wondering that how can a snorlax who is one of the heaviest pokemon use a move like volt tackle. From this incident onwards I started to use metronome frequently. Not very long after that battle my snorlax used metronome on a bronzor and it changed into magma storm :D !! I must admit that after these battles metronome was used much more than I previously used as I started to experiment it more and more with it!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I got a flying Machop once in Red... I was laughing pretty hard
It then proceeded to use every useless move available when playing in-game, like Rest... let's just say that ended well

skorupoke

Skorupi! Use Poison Fang!
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2022
''Clefable used Metronome!''
''Clefable used Dark Void!''
''Foe Ampharos fell asleep!''
.....(3 turns)
''Foe Ampharos woke up!''
''Foe Ampharos used Thunderbolt!''
''Clefable used Metronome!''
''Clefable used Dark Void!''
''Foe Ampharos fell asleep!''

This REALLY happened!!

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
Years
Metronome! ....Huh??

Share your random Metronome stories!! Ever had a pokemon use Metronome, and something TOTALLY unexpected happened? It can be any Metronome-using-pokemon, any move, from any game.

----------
My own Metronome randomness...this is probably the best tale I've got.

A friend of mine was using a Mew, and he was fighting a Pelipper. The Pelipper used Protect, then Mew used Metronome.

The Metronome turned into EXPLOSION.

lolz. ^_^

Back