• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metronome

Rocker32703

Water/Flying/Eevee Trainer
Years
Hmm...this may be slightly interesting...

I was fighting this one guy who had a very high SpDef stat, and he was boosting it to maximum...Togetic only knew SpAtk...So I tried metronome a few times, wasn't working, then one time I got a physical attack, super effective...

Yeah, my story is boring. :p

joehat

Yay
Years
my level 1 togepi (egg move) killed a level 100 rayquaza with sheer cold.

I thought a move like Sheer Cold doesn't work if the Pokemon using it is below the opponent's level?

Metronome is probably my favorite move, because it's actually every move in one! I wish any Pokemon could learn it.

My favorite Metronome moment came when I was leveling up my Togetic in Platinum. I was battling a trainer near Veilstone City and got Judgement twice in the battle. Once in the beginning, then some crappy moves, then got Judgement to finish it off, it was pretty awesome. I've never seen it again.

Asgard

Why you little...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 31, 2020
I love Metronome :'D I kept it on my Togekiss, and it's awesome when it does something pointless like Leer and follows it up with something crazy like Spacial Rend. :> More often than not, though, it is Leering my opponent... -w-;; And exploding. It has a tendency to do that. :<

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
Years
I was battleing a friend once and his Togekiss used metronome and got Hyper Beam... but it missed. XD

He raged.

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
Years
Gliscor and Salamence
vs
Hitmonchan

Only one left. My partner's Blaziken had eventually been killed by Salamence and Gliscor.

Hitmonchan used
Metronome!

Hitmonchan used
Blizzard!

It's super-effective!

Salamence and Gliscor fainted!

Hari and Seth (my other game alter-ego) won the battle!

Metronome is the most fluky move ever. Generally it comes up with bull crap like Bide and stuff. I get a lot of Drill Pecks with it. Do you?

Ayselipera

The coolest move my togepi ever did was Sky Attack.
I suppose that isn't too exciting though. :/

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Rosary(togetic) used Metronome!
Megahorn! It missed Tentacool... o.o
Tentacool: Constrict
Supersonic: It didn't affect...
Tentacool: Constrict
Amnesia raises Spe Defense (-_-')
HUH??? Rosary uses Super-Fang! (Tenta's HP goes down half)
Tentacool: Const... oh, you get it
False swipe! Rosary's damage effective! (HP orange)
Tentacool: Acid - :O
Haze! All Status changes eliminated (... o.o)
Switch to Xana the pigeot? Y
Xana uses Quick attack!

ANd that's my epic battle just now xDDDDD

Years
The weirdest thing ever!

"Clefairy used Metronome"
"Clefairy used Fly"
"Haunter used Scary Face"
"Clefairy Ran Away"

LOL!

Last edited:

LegendMaster97

Commander of SuperRares!!!!
Years
best metranome experience: aeroblast
worst mtranome experience: lunar dance
enough said

PS i dont know why so many people hate this move

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
Years
Ah, Metrenome. The best and worst move of all.

Gold version. Snorlax vs. Entei. I used metrenome because the rest of his moves were too powerful.

Snorlax used Metrenome!

Me:Don't be Roar. Don't be Roar. Don't be Roar.

Snorlax used Whirlwind!

Entei was blown away!

Me:...

Good times. *Eye twitches*

Kitsune Genetica

Tea and crumpets!
Years
I remember I was using my high-level Togetic which still knew Metronome against Steven in Sapphire. We were both down to our last Pokemon, Steven with Metagross and me with Togetic, the weakest of my party (around Lv. 52 if I remember). The Metagross was about to break an egg and make an omelette, so to speak (the egg being my Togetic), so I used Metronome as a last ditch attack. Well, of course, the Metronome turned into Fire Blast, destroyed the Metagross and earned me the title of Champion. Best. Luck. Ever.

Oяiginal

Experienced Trainer
Years
Gold Version - Aeroblast, Sacred Fire - I remember my togetic using metronome and used aeroblast, that was the first time I ever saw aeroblast, and since it was in Gold, where it was impossible to get a Lugia with aeroblast outside of trading I became obsessed with metronome, using it over and over again just to see the animation for aeroblast

Emerald Version - I forgot what Pokemon I used but he(pretty sure it's a he) used Psycho Boost, again seeing a signature move of a legendary Pokemon unobtainable in my game without trading I was smitten, however this time I wasn't obsessed, next he used Doom Desire, and again I really didn't try to see it again.

I guess the reason I wanted to see aeroblast so much was because it took me quite a while to choose either Gold or Silver, and seeing that I could somehow experience some of Silver, by using a metronome to get aeroblast, I became obsessed.

Anyway, all in all, Metronome is a really cool move, life and death is in the power of that finger

Back