• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mewtwo or Arceus?

Which one is stronger and/or better?

• Mewtwo

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • Arceus

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters

Wild Entei

One does not simply stalk me..
Years
  • I don't know if this thread has already been made but it's simple ; Mewtwo or Arceus?Which one is stronger and/or better and why?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

EDIT:LOL, accidentally picked Arceus..Damn i'm a noobie.Anyways thread is still up.

Last edited:

Wild Entei

Years
  • Well the voice of Arceus is way too cool and the story was good.But i like Mewtwo because it's really cool, has good story and has epic psychic powers.Mewtwo's film was the 2nd best imo.And Arceus' film comes after that as 3rd.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Arceus is getting votes? Suddenly I think of PC less.

I'll go with Mewtwo as it's backstary is somewhat interesting and it was insane in the generation it was introduced in.
    This video really captures his insane power.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Entei I changed your vote over to Mewtwo for you. :)

And yeah I agree Mewtwo is much cooler. Arceus looks boring and his all-powerfulness just makes him uninteresting.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I prefer Arceus since it can be Poison type; plus if it had the right plates then it could easily defeat Mewtwo. What would happen to Mewtwo trying to beat a Ghost type Arceus? c; Without plates though Mewtwo has Aura Sphere which would probably do too much damage for Arceus to cope with :x

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Mewtwo! It's a superpowerful cloned cat with insane psychic powers, whereas Arceus is just a goat. A powerful goat, but a goat nonetheless.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Mewtwo of course! He's got a much more interesting story. And I really dislike the concept of a 'god' Pokémon in any case.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • Mewtwo because of his backstory, but I respect the PokeGod nonetheless. I'd still be more scared to bump into Arceus than Mewtwo.

Wild Entei

Years
  • Thanks Toujours.Mewtwo's film was the first pokemon episode/film i ever watched.Even before the Kanto series.I really liked his story.He has clone pokeballs which is epic.Arceus has nothing but his Elemental Plates.He just protects himself and attacks with the move that is effective.No action.Mewtwo has epic Psychic powers.
    @Haseyo Because Arceus is so big and when he's mad you can't stop him.

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
  • I can't decide!!! Arceus is *supposed* the god of the Pokémon world, and I RP being married to a Reshiram whose religion IS Arceus, but Mewtwo, I had an obsession over him when I was 15... um, um, um, um,... it's a draw...

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Arceus is getting votes? Suddenly I think of PC less.

I'll go with Mewtwo as it's backstary is somewhat interesting and it was insane in the generation it was introduced in.
    This video really captures his insane power.

Watched the Video. MY GOODNESS! I new lick was a **** move, but Psychic was immune? I played those games, i never knew that!

Consider the following: (In Blue) All Ghost type attacks are physical, and there are three ghost type pokemon, Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar. All Ghost type attacks are Physical, and All ghost type pokemon are Special Sweepers.

Even if ghost type moves were super-effective, they would still do 0 damage.

And Bug type was non-existent.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • A tough choice here, but I went with Mewtwo simply because it was considered the most powerful Pokemon at the time of its creation. It could still have the position now, though.

Years
  • Of course its Arceus He can be a dragon and we all know dragons are the most powerful beings in the universe... Palkia, Dailga, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyrem, Giratina, And The most powerful of all... ARCEUS

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Mewtwo. It was the Pokémon god of my childhood.
    Then Arceus came, because Game Freak decided to add a religious side to Pokémon and also wanted to resolve many questions since a god is supposed to create everything and things like that. But seriously, who wants a kind of ... odd goat as a god? I never liked this Pokémon.
    While Mewtwo made all of the true fans dreaming, it has an awesome movie dedicated, it was THE Pokémon everybody wanted back in BRY.

Red99

World Champion
    Years
  • Mewtwo has always reminded me of myself, so I see myself in him. Mewtwo is my answer. If my brother were on PC, though, He'd choose Arceus.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Mewtwo. Because it's a product of SCIENCE. It's genetically enhanced, so it is better and stronger than what nature intended. And it looks considerably more epic. Not to mention that Mewtwo ruled the roost back in the day. Arceus may have the higher stats now, but because things as a whole were more balanced by the time of 4th gen, it doesn't have the sheer dominance that Mewtwo had back in first generation.

Plus you can't argue with a totally ticked off mutant purple cat-thing.

Back