• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Midnight Release

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    I live in hagerstown maryland but there are no midnight releases :C. will be open when the mall opens around 10-11 am

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • I'm going to Toys-R-Us for the buy one get 50% off another DS game as well as the free bundle.

Though I did overhear a guy pre-ordering while downloading Celebi and the local ones are doing a 9AM release. Also one of the Gamestops didn't get Celebi.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I live too far from the city for the midnight release, not to mention an 18 year old amidst little kids would be awkward. I'll be getting mine around 2 PM tomorrow.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Why would you go to a midnight release? I'm going to be sleeping during that time...and I will wake up in the morning nice and rested, and then I will get my game. Have patience!

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • Yep. I live in the LA County area and they're doing midnight releases at our gamestops. Maybe some of them aren't but the majority of our gamestops are. I did pre-order my Black copy but I don't think I'll make it to the midnight release. Probably the morning release ;-D. Enjoy your gaming guys. Also I want to know if the Celebi event they're having at Gamestop is the same Celebi they gave out at the Black and White Mall Tour.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2014
    Is it just Gamestop? I'm going to Walmart at midnight to see if I can get it, but I'm not expecting much.

EDIT: It wasn't on display, but they did have it behind the counter. First one to buy it at that Walmart too. [:

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • About 10 minutes to midnight, I drove by my Gamestop and it was packed! There must have been at least 40 nerds at the door! <3

I decided to just waltz into Wal-mart instead. I was second in line.. out of like six people haha. Mostly guys. They were buying White, but I know better; I am glad. Whimsicott. <33

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • You crazy people going at midnight D:< Yeah if b/w was released in Aus I would have no chance at leaving to pick up pokemon at midnight XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2014
    Hooray for Wal-mart. The closest participating Gamestop for me was about 10 miles away. Why go that far when Wal-mart is so much closer. Midnight is like evening for me. :P

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Since I work a the shopping mall where I reserved mine and my brothers copies I'm just going to picj it up before I go into work tonight. It's only going to make my workday feel even longer! Ugh! Bad day to have a Pokemon game come out too! Haha, I have an essay (that I have not started) due tomorrow.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    About 10 minutes to midnight, I drove by my Gamestop and it was packed! There must have been at least 40 nerds at the door! <3

I decided to just waltz into Wal-mart instead. I was second in line.. out of like six people haha. Mostly guys. They were buying White, but I know better; I am glad. Whimsicott. <33

Another Black fan! Everyone I know is buying White. I went to the midnight release but they ran short of Black, so I get it at 9 AM this morning. But like 75% of the people got White.

I was in the car on the way to get to my church before I get my Black today, and I was missing my DSi for four months. I haven't ridden in the back of that car forever and I checked the pocket out of boredom and I found my DSi! I'm so excited! Can't wait to get it! 9 AM release :)!

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Is it just Gamestop? I'm going to Walmart at midnight to see if I can get it, but I'm not expecting much.

EDIT: It wasn't on display, but they did have it behind the counter. First one to buy it at that Walmart too. [:
    My mother's Walmart is supposedly not selling their copies until Tuesday. Everything at that store says the 8th.

Just gotta wait for Toys R Us to open. @_@

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Considering Walmart has gotten into some issues in the past with releasing games early, I'm sure they're thinking better late than early.

Also, it may have just been a few people saying incorrect things. That's not too rare with Walmart.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Thanks so much for posting this. If I didn't see this thread, I would've had to wait until 7 PM to get the game, opposed to midnight. We went and it was crazy. We were late, so I called GameStop and they said that they would keep the store open until we got there. How nice of them. Then when we got there, we got the last White version available. <3

lol @ how people reported this thread for advertising.

Back