• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mind Masters: Psychic-type Pokémon fan club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Defensively, which psychic-type is best to use when battling?

Apart from super-bulky Lugia who is definitely the first that comes to mind? Then I think Cresselia is one of the most iconic defensive Psychic-type, with her amazing HP and defenses, and a great ability in Levitate. Of course, her offensive abilities are, well, not that great. If you need something that can also pack a punch, then Metagross has great Attack, and the Defense to stay in battle longer. That, and a good defensive typing with Steel.

Anyway, apart from the legendaries, for an in-game alternative, I suggest Bronzong. I'm using one right now in a Platinum challenge, and it's very resistant. Mine also has Levitate, which grants it immunity to Ground-type attacks.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
About time I Signed up for this!

Preferred username: Olli
Partner Pokémon: Lugia

Despite how little I've used Psychic types, I've honestly always liked them. I think it's the combination of the usually creative and interesting designs that they manage to throw out, and the fact that they're often beasts when it comes to damage. I've especially always liked using the Abra family in battle due to their combination of insanely high Speed and Sp. Attack, so they usually get a spot reserved on my team when I'm playing first generation games. The reason I rarely use them though, is the fact that there honestly aren't that many of them, or they're relatively hard to get your hands on. They usually turn out to be valuable teammates though, so not like it's a waste of time to get them ;)

I've never really thought about this when using Psychic types tbh :o First priority is usually just to get a Psychic type, whereafter I think about its Special Attack, since that's mainly what I'm gonna use it for haha. Defense has never really been much of a priority for me, since I'll rely on them to take out the enemy Pokemon rather quickly, since they usually aren't very bulky. In my experience though, Lugia and Metagross are probably the ones who've been best at holding their own in longer battles, but I've never really focused my on the Psychic side of them either, so it feels like a bit of a cop-out answer. So yeah, can't really give much a definitive answer here, since it's not something I've ever payed much attention to D:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
About time I Signed up for this!

Preferred username: Olli
Partner Pokémon: Lugia

Despite how little I've used Psychic types, I've honestly always liked them. I think it's the combination of the usually creative and interesting designs that they manage to throw out, and the fact that they're often beasts when it comes to damage. I've especially always liked using the Abra family in battle due to their combination of insanely high Speed and Sp. Attack, so they usually get a spot reserved on my team when I'm playing first generation games. The reason I rarely use them though, is the fact that there honestly aren't that many of them, or they're relatively hard to get your hands on. They usually turn out to be valuable teammates though, so not like it's a waste of time to get them ;)

I've never really thought about this when using Psychic types tbh :o First priority is usually just to get a Psychic type, whereafter I think about its Special Attack, since that's mainly what I'm gonna use it for haha. Defense has never really been much of a priority for me, since I'll rely on them to take out the enemy Pokemon rather quickly, since they usually aren't very bulky. In my experience though, Lugia and Metagross are probably the ones who've been best at holding their own in longer battles, but I've never really focused my on the Psychic side of them either, so it feels like a bit of a cop-out answer. So yeah, can't really give much a definitive answer here, since it's not something I've ever payed much attention to D:

Welcome to the club. Lugia is a secret powerhouse of mine. He's hard to take down, even when afflicted with a status ailment. I have had issues with some of his attacks connecting (darn poor accuracy) but he deals a lot of damage. I'd say he is great to use both offensively and defensively.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Some funny Psychic-type humor
1888593_712168398804746_1967795172_n.jpg

MadKing

The only verdict is Vengeance.
Years
Preferred username: MadKing

Partner Pokémon: Alakazam

Pick a 6-Pokémon Psychic-type team:
Alakazam, Xatu, Exeggutor, Wobbufett, Bronzong and Medicham.

Which Psychic-type is the best to use defensively?
A Levitate Bronzong is just awesome. Good luck trying to bring your Fire-type in my Stealth Rocks haha(oh... hello Heatran :/).

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: MadKing

Partner Pokémon: Alakazam

Pick a 6-Pokémon Psychic-type team:
Alakazam, Xatu, Exeggutor, Wobbufett, Bronzong and Medicham.

Which Psychic-type is the best to use defensively?
A Levitate Bronzong is just awesome. Good luck trying to bring your Fire-type in my Stealth Rocks haha(oh... hello Heatran :/).

Welcome to the club. Alakazam is a great choice for a Pokemon partner, he's just amazing. I like your Psychic team too. What moves do they know? I find Bronzong a bit of a pain to take down, but not nearly as bad as Metagross. That's why I like using both, they're defensively and offensively strong.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I would say Deoxys Defense. Its defensive stats are extremely huge, so it could be a real threat when it comes to walling and whatnot. Cresselia is pretty good, too. After one Calm Mind, your opponent would be having quite a hard time stopping it. Another pick is Celebi. :] Aside from legends, I'd say Wobbuffett.

MadKing

The only verdict is Vengeance.
Years
Welcome to the club. Alakazam is a great choice for a Pokemon partner, he's just amazing. I like your Psychic team too. What moves do they know? I find Bronzong a bit of a pain to take down, but not nearly as bad as Metagross. That's why I like using both, they're defensively and offensively strong.

I don't know about 6th gen movesets 'cause I still don't have played pokémon X/Y(yeah, I know :/), sorry.
Metagross is awesome. I saw a Metagross running dual screens and wow thta thing was extremely difficult do KO. But the best of all Psychic-types Walls is certainly Lugia.

What type would you love to see paired with Psychic that hasn't been done before and why?
A lot of u guys said Psychic/Ghost would be awesome. I agree that the design and unique typing would be incredible, but two x4 weakness(Dark and Ghost) is a lot to take, anything with Sucker Punch(I mean anything, it doesn't even need stab) would OHKO. Of course, based that the Psychic/Ghost pokémon would be a Sweeper with poor defensive stats. Maybe a Wall Psychic/Type wouldn't be so bad and highly competitive.
To me, a unique pairing to Psychic would be Poison. Psychic/Poison brings a lot to the table: x4 Resistence to Fighting, resistence to the new Fairy type, immunity to Toxic and Toxic Spikes, neutral damage to Bug and a great Super Effective STAB against Fairy-Type.
Its three weaknesses(Ground, Dark and Ghost) aren't quadruple effective, wich is a great thing to dual-type pokémons. Stat wise, I think it would be more of a wall, but a Special Attacker would be great as well.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yup; ghost/psychic is definitely a good idea. I've always wanted to see one. :) If it were to actually exist, though, I would like it to be an evolution for Mr. Mime. In-design, I'd imagine it to look something like this:

Spoiler:

Looks pretty scary, doesn't it? To evolve it into this Pokémon, maybe you could have Mr. Mime level-up by holding onto a set of Reaper Cloth.

Years
What type would you love to see paired with Psychic that hasn't been done before and why?

I'd love to see a Ghost/Psychic-type, it seems like something that would be unique and fresh, and there's that rumored legendary called Hoopa who is said a Ghost/Psychic-type. As one said earlier, it may have two 4x weaknesses (Ghost and Dark) which are funnily enough its only weaknesses. Aside from that, immunities to Normal and Fighting and pretty much no resistances aside from Poison if I recall.

Another one I'd like to see is Electric/Psychic, I saw a list of fakemon and there was one with this typing. It seems like there can be loads of design potential for a Pokemon with this typing so I do hope we can get one in hopefully what is the 7th Generation.

Years
Preferred username: AoTora
Partner Pokémon: Meowstic
Answer the current topic:

Which psychic-type is the best to use defensively: Defenitely metagross or bronzong because of the typing.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
Preferred username Kameken
Partner Pokémon Meloetta
6 Pokemon Team Meloetta, Alakazam, Victini, Reuniclus, Galade, Malamar
Answer the current topic My favorite Defensive psychic type is Bronzong, due to its fantastic defensive stats, and anyone fighting it has to guess its ability to exploit some of its weaknesses

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: AoTora
Partner Pokémon: Meowstic
Answer the current topic:

Which psychic-type is the best to use defensively: Defenitely metagross or bronzong because of the typing.

Welcome to the club. They definitely have the defense edge because of being part Steel, tough suckers to take down, that's for sure.

Preferred username Kameken
Partner Pokémon Meloetta
6 Pokemon Team Meloetta, Alakazam, Victini, Reuniclus, Galade, Malamar
Answer the current topic My favorite Defensive psychic type is Bronzong, due to its fantastic defensive stats, and anyone fighting it has to guess its ability to exploit some of its weaknesses

Welcome to the club. I am not sure which of Meloetta's forms you wanted, so I put its default Aria Forme in the members list. What moves does your awesome team have?

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
Meloetta Item: Expert Belt Moves: Psychic, Relic Song, Shadow Claw, Superpower
Alakazam Item: Alakazamite Moves: Psyshock, Dazzling gleam, Psychic, Energy Ball
Victini Item: Choice Scarf Moves: V-Create, Flare Blitz, Zen Headbutt, Wild Charge
Reuniclus Item:Leftovers Moves: Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, Recover
Galade Item: Life Orb Moves: Psycho Cut, Close Combat, Drain Punch, Leaf blade
Malamar Item: Super Power, Night Slash, Psycho cut, Swagger

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I'll go ahead and answer the topic myself. My favorite Psychic-type would be Espeon, since I am a fan of Eeveelutions and I think she is a mystical creature with poise and power. I even nicknamed her after one of my dogs.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
My favorite psychic type is Meloetta, due to its unique power and ability to utilize all kinds of attacks. Excluding legendaries, I'd say reuniclus because it's jelly.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Originally I would've said Espeon, but now Delphox is in the running. Espeon is my favorite design and is tied for my favorite Eeveelution (Vaporeon, and it's too close to call). Delphox is the first Fire-type starter they actually got right since Blaziken (though Infernape wasn't all that bad, I guess) and I really liked its concept and I enjoyed using it through my playthrough of X.

Years
Favorite Psychic-type?

meowstic-f.png

This lovely. Of course I love the male form too, and Espurr. As soon as I saw them in the games/pre-release information of X and Y I just knew it was meant to be. Psychic cats, geez?! Who wouldn't love that.

Espeon is another cute one but I also like Natu/Xatu for the concept - they're super cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back