• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mind Masters: Psychic-type Pokémon fan club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Favorite Psychic-type?

I'm on the same boat as Sheep. Meowstic's my fave Psychic as well, and I love the concept of its moveset being based on gender plus they're so cute. I also like Delphox (because fiery foxes), Gardevoir and the Elgyem line. I feel like the little alien needs more love.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
As for me, my favorite psychic-type is definitely Espeon. :3 It's amazingly adorable, and when battling, it could make quite a helpful team-member. With Magic Bounce ability and access to moves like Reflect and Light Screen, it could be a great support Pokémon. Its defenses might not be that great, but it's got loads of Speed, though, and that sort of makes up for it! Alongside, I'm also a pretty big fan of Lugia and Cresselia. Two of my all-time favorite legendaries, haha.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Oops, I forgot to mention Lugia. Definitely one of my favorite legendaries, might be #2 in fact.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Favorite Psychic-type move?

Gonna give a really boring answer here, it's Psychic. Solid power and perfect accuracy, it's a very reliable move and a lot of Pokemon can learn it.

For a physical alternative, Zen Headbutt is a great move, and I have it on my Bronzong in Platinum. His attack is a lot higher than his sp. attack, so this is the perfect STAB for him. Too bad that he's so slow, the flinch chance is going to waste, but oh well, Zen Headbutt is still the best choice for him.

Years

Echoing MIAU on Psychic. It's the most reliable of the bunch and I'd always make an effort to teach it to one of my Pokemon when I nab the TM in a game. There's also Psystrike which, if I remember right, is a special-type psychic move with 100 power and 100% accuracy making it a force to be reckoned with.

Calm Mind is another favorite for set-ups. :)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

Like the two people above, I'm also gonna have to go with Psychic here. There's honestly not much else to it than the fact that it's a super strong move, and with the 100% accuracy there aren't really any drawbacks to using it. The PP is pretty reasonable for how strong it is, and I can't even count all the times it's carried me through certain E4 members.

But that said, I'm also gonna go with Calm Mind here. I usually always get it on whichever strong Psychic Pokemon I have on my team (notable examples would be Gardevoir in a Sapphire playthrough of mine, and on an Alakazam on my PokeMMO account), because it just works so well together with Psychic. It can be a bit dangerous to use it, since the thing with Psychic types, is that the defenses usually have been switched with enormous Sp. Attack, so leaving a turn open to be attacked in can be devastating, But since Calm Mind raises both Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense, it'll often work towards softening the blow.

But yeah, that about covers it. I feel like a lot of Psychic moves are pretty similar, so I honestly wouldn't say I have that many other favourites, but they're all pretty cool :D

Years

Gonna agree with the others on Psychic, it's got a perfect balance of power, accuracy and coverage due to having solid distribution even outside of Psychic-types. It's always been my go-to Psychic-type move. Calm Mind is also really good when you need that boost to your special stats, and its animation in 6th Gen is really awesome-looking as well.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I am going to break the cycle and say that Psybeam is my favorite Psychic move. It's almost as good as Psychic itself. Future Sight is another good one I love, good to set up for a devastating blow (unless the opponent switches out to a Dark-type, then it's useless).

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I like Psychic just like the rest of the folk here, it's reliable and strong and has never failed me. I like Psycho Cut as well on the physical end.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm going to go at it a little differently and say Psyshock. Although Psychic is quite a powerful attack, one of its major drawbacks is that it gets heavily walled by Chansey, Blissey, and other such Pokémon major Special Defense. Psyshock, on the other hand, doesn't have to worry about that; it deals damage to target physical Defense. :] Psystrike is an even better move, but unfortunately, only Mewtwo could learn it.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
I quite like psyshock, mainly because it allows my meloetta to hit specially defensive pokemon without having to resort to pirouette forme.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I vaguely remember the name Psyshock, but since I've hardly played any of the games past generation 4, I'm honestly not that up to date on the newer Psychic type moves D: It's definitely a good thing that they did make a physical Psychic type move, since, as mentioned, a lot of the Pokemon with high SpD stats would easily counter it.

I never really got my head around why Future Sight is such a well-liked move. I mean, the concept is good, and definitely fits Psychic type Pokemon, but since Psychic types usually thrive on quickly taking down the enemy Pokemon, I just feel like it's too high a risk to take a turn without inflicting any damage just to give some delayed damage later. But then again, I've never played it competitively in any way, so there may be some good strategies involving it that I just don't know of haha.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Preferred Username [Required]: Murkmire
Partner Pokémon [Required]: Hypno

It's tied between Hypnosis and Dream Eater. Can you guess why? ;P Well, if I had to choose... I'd choose Hypnosis, my favorite sleep inducing move. Makes way for a favorite move of mine, Nightmare. <3

And, I'll answer a previous topic. Favorite Psychic-type?
Hypno, hands down. Not only because of the look, and the moves of both Dream Eater and Nightmare complimenting it well, but because of a... certain Creepypasta behind it. ;)

Anyway, it's a pleasure to be here. :3

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred Username [Required]: Murkmire
Partner Pokémon [Required]: Hypno

It's tied between Hypnosis and Dream Eater. Can you guess why? ;P Well, if I had to choose... I'd choose Hypnosis, my favorite sleep inducing move. Makes way for a favorite move of mine, Nightmare. <3

And, I'll answer a previous topic. Favorite Psychic-type?
Hypno, hands down. Not only because of the look, and the moves of both Dream Eater and Nightmare complimenting it well, but because of a... certain Creepypasta behind it. ;)

Anyway, it's a pleasure to be here. :3

Welcome to the club. Hypno is awesome, one of my favorite Psychic-types to use in battle. Hypnosis definitely is a good move to use, put them out and then have at their HP with a little Dream Eater and/or Nightmare. I like using those moves in tandem to take twice the HP away from the opponent.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Man, is this club dead? I wish I knew how else to liven it up. I had tournaments running on my other clubs a long time ago but I ended them because of lack of votes. I wonder if I should do that again with this one?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I think we could borrow the current topic in Diving Deep, if that's alright. In light of the Hoenn remakes that are set to come out in November, what Mega Psychic-types native to Hoenn would like to see? We already have Mega Gardevoir and Mega Medicham, but there are others that would be deserving of it, so what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back