• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Mind Over Matter: A Pokemon RP (Rated T, OOC+SU)

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
    MIND OVER MATTER
    A Pokemon RP​

World
    In the wonderful world of Pokemon, a new region is discovered. This region is known as Donji. In this region, the people of Japan quickly set up shop, and soon, the region even gained it's own four powerful Pokemon trainers, who were titled "The Elite Four Of Donji". They even added Gym Leaders to the area in no time flat! However, the surprising thing about this region was the fact that every Pokemon could live there. Nidokings and Poochyenas and even Aegislash were everywhere. The region of Donji was flourishing, until one day, a criminal organization known as Kingdom took residence in Donji...

Map
    Spoiler:

Plot
    In the region of Donji, the criminal group of Kingdom started there new plan. Their unknown leader, who went by the name of King, started a number of experiments to create a new type of Pokemon. They created the group of Pokemon they called "Super Minds". Although they were no more powerful in combat than any other Pokemon, they made up for that with their mind. These Super Minds had enough intelligence to surpass the intelligence of their fellow Pokemon, and, depending on the intelligence the Pokemon possesed before it became a Super Mind, it could become extremely intelligent. In experiments, these Super Minds even occasionally, if it thought of a better battle tactic than it's master's, would deliberately disobey their master and use a different tactic they thought of! However, some of these Super Minds decided to attempt an escape. Using their vast intelligence, they found out how to break free from their prisons. Not all of them wanted to escape, but many of them did. Twenty of these that were lucky enough to escape were all able to pass themselves as "starters" and begin being trained by a Pokemon trainer. These twenty were Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Pikachu, and Eevee. Meanwhile, twenty new trainers were ready to get their first Pokemon...

SU
    I'm going to say this in case it wasn't obvious enough for you: you are one of the twenty (un)lucky individuals who get stuck with a Super Mind as their starter. However, here's a note: please try to remember that all Pokemon can talk in this, but it will take a short time for them to learn English.
    They aren't indestructible either, just really freaking hard to kill.
    Anyway, the SU sheet is below, copy and paste it if necessary. And please remember that you can only start off with the twenty Super Minds that escaped. And, as a final note, you start off having no experience with Pokemon training. So, without further ado...
    Spoiler:

Available Pokemon Remaining:9
    Spoiler:

Notices
    -Considering that, if this becomes popular enough, there will be twenty players in this, I will most definitely need some help being the GM. If someone is willing to help me be the GM, THAT WOULD BE GREAT.
    -The game will start when at least five players join, and more players can join later.

Rules
    -Please obey all standard rules for Roleplaying in the rules thread.
    -GM's word is law.
    -If you get into a battle, take turns.
    -NPC trainers and wild Pokemon will be controlled by a GM.
    -No legendaries, though certain members of Kingdom may have some...
    -To make sure you read this, type "Nidoking76 is really awesome" somewhere in your SU.
    -Pokemon will be randomly selected using a random Pokemon generator I found on the Internet. Feel free to ask if you want to see this generator.
    -I may have made a few mistakes in this SU. Please inform me if help is necessary.
    -No spamming (Spam tacos?)
    -Tell me if you wish to help GM.
    -Some Pokemon are extremely common and can be found everywhere. Still, ask me before saying you just find a Pokemon I didn't say was in the area.
    -Mild romancing is allowed.

Last edited:

Zero Percent

Loading... Please wait
    Years
    Reserve me pikachu, please and thank you.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    NAME: Merita Smith
    APPEARANCE:
    Mind Over Matter: A Pokemon RP (Rated T, OOC+SU)

STARTER: Chikorita
    PERSONALITY:Kind hearted and caring, Merita won't let a pokemon suffer if she can help it. She is shy, and has a hard time making friends. She is not afraid to lose if she has to.
    HISTORY: Merita is from Orre, and there for never got a starter. She once saw a bayleaf, and thought it seemed like the kind of pokemon she wanted. After being told that she and her father were moving, and that she would get a starter, things did not seem so bad, even if her friends were left behind.
    RP SAMPLE:Genome, Most recent entry.
    Spoiler:

OTHER: Merita hates bug types.

NIDOKING67 is awesome!

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
    Love where this is going. Count me in!

Name: Flare

Appearance: Image at the bottom

Starter: Torchic

Personality: Being bold and irrational, she does not take other's advice or opinions into consideration. She prefers taking challenges head on instead of waiting for others to act logically. Deep down though, she wants to find a friend who she can value the most. But most of the time she will say what's in her mind and not be embarrassed about it. She does this often that even her own parents can't stand her, not that this matters to her.

History:
    Spoiler:

That's all for now, hope you like it.

NIDOKING76 is awesome!

Last edited:

FrozenInside

Simple and Clean
    Years
    NAME: Luna
    APPEARANCE: Short dark blue hair with pale blue eyes, fair skin, 4'11.
    STARTER: Oshawott
    PERSONALITY: Luna is shy and doesn't like to be in big crowds. When she is, she starts to get very nervous and claustrophobic, causing her to hallucinate. She has a tendency to trip on a flat surface, a klutz. When she is around pokemon, its like her shyness is lifted and she becomes much more cheerful and enthusiastic. She hates losing and when she does, she starts to doubt herself.
    HISTORY: Her brother lives all the way in the Kalos riegon and sends her letters every week about is journey. This is what inspired her to become a pokemon trainer.
    Also I was told to post this; NIDOKING76 is awesome!

Last edited:

FrozenInside

Simple and Clean
    Years
    Reason: I don't plan them to be like HUGE hallucinations, just smalls ones. (Example: Seeing the floor changing color/texture) I thought that this would give her more character. Is this okay or should I remove it?

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
    My SU:

NAME: Jennifer Josephine Smith
    APPEARANCE:
    Spoiler:

PERSONALITY: Jen is very shy, and likes to avoid people when possible. She is very lax though, and is easily tired, bored, and uspet. If she knows you well, she will be very friendly. She is quick to trust people, but she does, however, feel lonely, and that's what inspired her to get a Pokemon. She is easily scared, and tries to avoid large numbers of people. She is very adamant and narrow minded, so it's hard to sway her from her beliefs and plans.
    HISTORY: Jennifer lived in a rich family. Her father owned a string of hotels across Donji. However, one thing made their life a bit difficult.
    Jennifer was mute.
    Jennifer was, unfortunately, born with the inability to speak. This greatly upset her family, but her father was able to pay the money required to speak sign language. However, Jennifer always kept a small whiteboard and a black-felted pen with her to communicate with those who didn't know sign language.
    One day, however, her father decided that his daughter was ready to start training Pokemon. Jen's father had done so in his childhood, and decided that his daughter should. So, after a few goodbyes were said, Jennifer left her family to train Pokemon.
    STARTER: Eevee
    RP SAMPLE: From Tinted:
    Spoiler:

OTHER: I am, very much indeed, awesome.

Now I think that all we need left is someone to help GM. Is anyone willing to be an assistant GM?

Last edited:

OG_Haunter

Lv 5
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2014
    Reserve me with a chimchar

NAME: Ezra Gonzalez

APPEARANCE:(picture allowed)
    STARTER: Chimchar
    PERSONALITY:
    (at least one paragraph)
    HISTORY:(optional)
    RP SAMPLE:(optional)
    OTHER:

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    NAME: Takeo Musashi
    APPEARANCE: 6'0 and 130 lbs gives Takeo a giant feel for his seventeen year old body. He has short black hair and has a medium size head. He has a little muscle, mainly on his arms. He often wears a grey jacket and grey trousers, with black boots and fingerless gloves.

STARTER: Charmander, named Blaze
    PERSONALITY: He often keeps to himself and is often called a loner. When he is around people, he can either have a good sense of humor, or just be a third wheel. In dangerous situations, he keeps calm, but often resorts to violence. He has a fear of going too far underwater, and tends to avoid water pokemon.

HISTORY: Takeo was born into a small home, with just a father because his mother died at childbirth.
    Him and his father had a distant relationship, and most stuff regarding school Takeo did himself. When it came to pokemon, Takeo didn't care much. He saw them at school and outside, but him and his father never owned any pokemon, so he never had a chance to bond with them. Now that he is seventeen, and about to get his first pokemon, he isn't as excited as most, and is just willing to go with it.

Other: Nidoking76 is (not) really awesome XD

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
    Sorry if I'm late!
    Mind Over Matter: A Pokemon RP (Rated T, OOC+SU)

NAME: Nyx Lane
    STARTER:Totodile
    PERSONALITY: Nyx was always a stern person. He never enjoyed the company of other people that much. His mother died when he was still 6 years old. Nyx doesn't remember that much of his childhood, other than the fact that his father taught him to stay out of the tall grass. Nyx had a strong liking for fighting and Dark type pokemon, as well as water. Nyx had always dreamed of having a team where he had 2 fighting types, 2 water types, and 2 dark types. Nyx is an independant person, and was taught to never rely on anyone else, and never let anyone else carry his own burden. He tended not to goof off like his other friends.
    HISTORY: Nyx came from a long line of people who were, in one way or another, potent trainers. Two days after Nyx was born, his mother was diagnosed with a human version of Pokerus, meaning it was terminal. Her mother had no hope to survive. Her mother conveyed everything she wanted to tell to Nyx, to her husband. At the age of 6, Nyx was playing in some tallgrass disobeying his fathers plea, when a wild Raticate appeared. The Ratticate seemed to be extremeley aggresive, and it attempted to kill Nyx using Hyperfang. Nyx, having no experience with pokemon, didn't know how to react, so all he could do was run home with a bloody scar on his left eye. The scar would be a reminder to him of how he failed to protect himself. Nyx promised to never again fall into a helpless situation. When Nyx returned home, he saw his father packing bags for no apparent reason. When Nyx interrogated him about the bags, he said he was 'Just preparing'. He never told Nyx for what he was preparing for. Nyx became a very serious person after his father went missing one day, and not leaving any explanation as to why he left. Nyx started to build up a rage against his father, and his sudden absence. Nyx was taken in by his grandfather, who would look after him and the family Gligar. He trained with his grandfather, doing running, pushups, situps, and other physical exercises. It was after the day that his father dissapeared that Nyx started taking on a serious persona. To this day, Nyx's serious personality has never wavered. He has little interest in women. Nyx wasn't special like some people who can see the future, or others who are blessed with a legendary Pokemon. The only special thing about Nyx was his determination and willpower to rise over his rivals.
    RP SAMPLE: Applied to Genome (Pending), and I have experience outside of pokecommunity.
    OTHER:
    I'll tell you a secret, Nidoking76 is pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
    OG_Haunter's character is reserved.
    Tyler1616's character is accepted.
    NyxShooter's character is reserved for now because of a few problems:
    1. I said you start off with NO experience with Pokemon training. This is the only real problem, so just edit out him training with the family Pokkemon.
    2. I noticed his picture shows him with a scar on his left eye. Could you explain how he got this scar in your SU?
    3. This one may have just been a minor confusion on your part, but I said ALL Pokemon can talk. There aren't a special amount of people who can talk to them.

Just fix those few things and your SU is good to go!

Defective

defectiveShrink
    Years
    NAME: Poki

APPEARANCE: Poki happens to be a girl (or young woman) with the average adult height of 5 foot 8 inches when she's not wearing any sort of footwear (which is pretty much all the time). Her slightly muscled frame (not very noticeable muscles in her arms and legs, however there's a hint of abs on her stomach thanks to her years of training herself) is covered by somewhat pale white skin. Her back is slightly hunched probably because of her odd hair. Her hair looks a lot like a Zoroark's mane, except the base color is white while the tips are colored red. She even keeps a sky blue bead near the end of her mane that matches her eye color perfectly. Her eyes also have some dark rings under them. She usually parades around in a simple black v-neck and denim jeans. Shoes are for the weak. However, she carries a pair of black slip-ons and a black hoodie in a dark brown knapsack that rests on her back as a precaution if she ends up venturing to a place with a cold climate.

STARTER: Chespin (which will probably be nicknamed Jasper)

PERSONALITY: Oddly enough, the girl has developed a habit of being a lazy little bum. She prefers to lounge around in her room than train like she used to. She's also a little bit gullible when it comes to this whole training thing since she's so new to it. Poki's also not very good with social interaction; she prefers to keep to herself and be quiet rather than socialize with peers. She'll force herself to be social every once in a while in an attempt to get over this "weakness" as she calls it.

OTHER: She's the oldest of four and she absolutely hates that fact.

She decided to become a trainer because she felt like she needed something more productive to do than lounge around all day.

Also Nidoking76 is really awesome.

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
    1. I said you start off with NO experience with Pokemon training. This is the only real problem, so just edit out him training with the family Pokkemon.
    2. I noticed his picture shows him with a scar on his left eye. Could you explain how he got this scar in your SU?
    3. This one may have just been a minor confusion on your part, but I said ALL Pokemon can talk. There aren't a special amount of people who can talk to them.

Just fix those few things and your SU is good to go!

Woops, you're right. Really sorry about that, I'll edit those mistakes.

Back