• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Minecraft :D

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years

Well, the old Minecraft thread died out a while ago, so I thought I'd start another one. That, and it seemed like the perfect time with 1.3 coming out sometime this week.

For those of you who don't know, Minecraft is the creation of Markus Persson, and is a game world made entirely out of blocks, and inspired by infiniminer. Classic version is just a basic block building game, while the Beta version includes Survival multiplayer and singleplayer, which involves collecting resources, surviving, and building whatever structures you can imagine. The game is very Open-ended, which is what attracts many people to it. I honestly believe that you need to play the game for yourself to understand why it's so amazing.

So yeah. Feel free to discuss Minecraft on this thread.

I've been working on a new world recently, and here's what I've managed to build so far
    Spoiler:

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    I'm getting around to buying the beta. I enjoy playing around with the Alpha. Building things is generally pretty fun. I just haven't played enough of it to have an honest opinion. For now, it's just 'Fun'. o3o

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I got a gift code for the game from a friend for Christmas, and quite enjoy the game. =) I play it on and off though - sometimes I'm stuck right into it and others I distract myself with other things. =p I have a few worlds going on - my first one I recently found a cavern in, another I spawned outside an open spider dungeon (._.) and a third is full of clay and weird mountains and a lot of stuff... a rather stange and lucky generation of things in that one. I'm also on two server worlds.

amd

Years
    I love the new update, currently adding beds to my many houses in my city. :P

Spoiler:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I haven't done much in single player, but the multiplayer server I play on is excellent. It's... hard to go back.

...If any of you want to check it out, it's called Herocraft, has it's own forums at herocraftonline.com. Lots of server mods, There's a town/kingdom system and money system, staff is friendly, I'm a mayor who needs people to come work for me.... :P But really, if you're looking for a good SMP server, I'd suggest this one.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    ...If any of you want to check it out, it's called Herocraft, has it's own forums at herocraftonline.com. Lots of server mods, There's a town/kingdom system and money system, staff is friendly, I'm a mayor who needs people to come work for me.... :P But really, if you're looking for a good SMP server, I'd suggest this one.

I do wish you didn't need to be whitelisted. I understand why, but I can't be bothered signing up and everything and would prefer to at least get to see what the place is like first. I've never really been on a good SMP server, the one I've had a go at was always empty.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I do wish you didn't need to be whitelisted. I understand why, but I can't be bothered signing up and everything and would prefer to at least get to see what the place is like first. I've never really been on a good SMP server, the one I've had a go at was always empty.
    I agree with you there, I wish they gave non-whitelisted people the ability to log in and look around. If you look around the Townships, there are some good screens of wide civilized areas, and the place is, literally, never empty. It's 2500 blocks in each direction from spawn, so you won't always see anyone, but it's never empty.

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
    Warning: if your not creative, this game loses it's luster quickly. I loved the game to begin with back in September, I barely it play it now. I'm not a creative person nor do I have a ton of time on my hands to just build stuff.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I started playing Minecraft last summer, since then I've taken a break, but I started playing again in January on a multiplayer server. Our 'village' isn't all that impressive since we haven't been on the server long, but here's some thing I've made.

Huge sheep statue. The picture really doesn't do it justice for how big it actually is.

A creeper statue on top of my house. Also a crappy helicopter I tried making to the left.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I bought my brother an account aaaages ago and didn't buy one for myself since I hadn't been able to see the appeal. :( And I finally played around with it the other night and I still don't. It just seems way too tedious to bother with for me. I love grinding and stuff in most games but gathering materials and then actually building things (like some of what I'm seeing in this thread *_*) just seems like it'd take absolutely forever and I didn't like what I played enough to try.

My brother did force me to try out some "escape" map someone made? He had to mostly hold my hand the whole way since I didn't really know how to make everything but I had a lot of fun with that and would totally be on board if there were a lot more where it came from. :O I think I sort of view it as LittleBigPlanet-ish. I've never been big on making my own levels or anything but I love seeing what other people can do. u_u;

Broc

Syndicate Boss
    Years
    I play...........you have houses............I went dwarf and lived IN the mountain. I have a river system (yes as in a boat goes in a continual circle like a lazy river) a lava light system (still working on it not complete) and a rail car system to take me from my home mountain to my other home mountain...................... did I mention i like mountains?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    For those of you who don't see the point of it, you should try playing online. It gives everything you're doing a lot more purpose. You really have to find the right server though. They're definitely not created equal.

The one I play on is pvp centered, but not random spawnkilling over and over like all of the other pvp servers. We actually form groups and alliances, and build towns, and have wars etc.

Years
    Minecraft really is amazing. I absolutely love it. Only problem is finding a good server. I thought I found a good one a few days ago, and it was awesome, until a group of players who joined who would camp right on the edge of no PVP areas (namely spawn) and would then kill anybody who walked out. Rather annoying.

Broc

Syndicate Boss
    Years
    so what server does every one play on? maybe we should all join forces on 1 server!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Minecraft really is amazing. I absolutely love it. Only problem is finding a good server. I thought I found a good one a few days ago, and it was awesome, until a group of players who joined who would camp right on the edge of no PVP areas (namely spawn) and would then kill anybody who walked out. Rather annoying.

I'm still looking for a server. Let me know if you find a good one, Broc.

so what server does every one play on? maybe we should all join forces on 1 server!
    server.space-monsters.com is the one I play on.

I'd recommend just starting like you would in a normal singleplayer game (preferably a fair distance from spawn) until you make some friends, then join forces with them. Also, it's big on PVP, but if you get enough gold/diamonds you can make a protection block, and no one else will be able to build/destroy in the area you place it in. That's what allows us to have pvp, and not fall to just pointless spawn killing.

I'm currently unaffiliated with any of these powers, so if enough of you wanna play, we can make a town of our own. I'm one of the richer players in the server, so we'll have plenty of resources.

Oh, and people will steal your stuff. So, make sure to hide it well, until you're able to get protection blocks.

Last edited:
    Back