• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mini-Modding?

Do you Mini-Mod?

• Yes

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Not Really, I've never really noticed

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • No, I never mini-mod! =0

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • What? What kind of a ridiculous poll is this!? Stupid Community Supporter!

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't just say the mini-modding part. I mean, if someone was to double-post or spam, I would just say "Don't do that" and then continue on-topic. I try to make the post not come out to make me seem like I'm riding a high horse. I hate that attitude in the higher-ups on a forum. (Not this one.)

But really, if you mini-mod just to show off so you can become a mod, that really doesn't make you out to be mod material. In my eyes.

And mini-modding does take a bit off the higher-us, because they can do what only they can do (close threads, move threads...) without having to worry about saying "Don't double-post."

I've babbled on too much. I'll stop now.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I noyl mini-mod when I help people, because I know how annoying is to be mini-modded all the time, or in a mean way.

CopyCat :t335:

Years
    I don't mini-mod. I mod. =)

Seriously, on other fourms where I don't mod, I don't. It's a habit from SPPF, where it's not really allowed. Also, it's annoying in my eyes, so I won't do it. Like Pika said, it's the mods job, and I, as a member, shouldn't take it. Simple as that.

I use the report button. It's my baby. <3

EDIT: Hanako Tabris -- on the contrary. We usually say it again anyway. :/

Last edited:

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Hanako Tabris said:
    I don't just say the mini-modding part. I mean, if someone was to double-post or spam, I would just say "Don't do that" and then continue on-topic. I try to make the post not come out to make me seem like I'm riding a high horse. I hate that attitude in the higher-ups on a forum. (Not this one.)

But really, if you mini-mod just to show off so you can become a mod, that really doesn't make you out to be mod material. In my eyes.

And mini-modding does take a bit off the higher-us, because they can do what only they can do (close threads, move threads...) without having to worry about saying "Don't double-post."

I've babbled on too much. I'll stop now.

I do that all the time in Pokemon GB Strategies and Movesets. There are many noobs that keep posting teams, and I rate the teams.

Then there are noobs that try to rate the other noob's team.

These noobs have quadruple posted before and its so annoying because their 3rd post in a row says "Sorry for double posting" and their 4th posting in a row says "Sorry for triple posting" and yet that never use the edit button. Many other people do it until real moderaters like aragornbird tell them to stop.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    I am pretty sure I mini-mod, but it's really just a reminder most of the time.

And I don't like it when I see people breaking the rules constantly. XD;

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Hmmm... I used to mod ...then I quit took leave but if i see anything amiss, I'll use the report button. But PC looks to be in good condition where mini modding isn't much neccessary.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Well...I am a mod, so I guess I mini-mod a lot then. XD But when I was a normal member, I would tell members to read the rules and stuff. And sometimes when I saw someone doing something they shouldn't, I would tell them about it rather than only report it. :x

~Kelsey

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    Thorns said:
    That was pure spam, sir, unless you actually call your parents by those names, which I HIGHLY doubt. If you make any more posts so pointless and off-topic, don't be surprised if you are banned from this forum.

Sorry, I don't mean to be a mini-mod...Anyway....
    Judging from that, I think I do. o.o;

Guest123_x1

In only a few situations have I mini-modded on any message board. Though I believe in "citizen law enforcement", I find it a bit annoying at times.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Moderaters don't spend all day on PC, and if they do, they need to get out more. When moderaters aren't online noobs spam and raise their post count and edit it when the moderaters come back online. That's really the most annoying thing.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    YoMama said:
    Moderaters don't spend all day on PC, and if they do, they need to get out more. When moderaters aren't online noobs spam and raise their post count and edit it when the moderaters come back online. That's really the most annoying thing.

Mods can't spend all day on the forums. They either have a life to live, and I know some elsewhere that mod/admin other forums. That's why it's nice to have some mini-mods around, just so those with the power don't have to spend a lot of time doing the trivialness.

They have to move threads, close threads - and the higher up they get in power - ban members and generally just run the forums.

Some forums on here might need a few more mods, but PC is doing the best that it can now. Really, it's up to the mods/SMods/admins to decide who gets to be a mod.

I just kind of laugh at the mods who mini-mod. Not in a mocking way. It just sounds funny to me in a way. XD

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I used to do it but ever since I saw mods telling members not to, I've decided to stop. :D

Years
    ZOMG!

I minimod like... a million times a day! Seriously! I go: "Please don't double post" or "Please don't spam" or "please don't flame other people, thank you" everyday! XD

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    YoMama said:
    When moderaters aren't online noobs spam and raise their post count and edit it when the moderaters come back online.
    What the hell? When have you EVER seen that happen, or are you just making things up again? You seem to have a habit of making up "facts".

I don't mini-mod, I just occasionally point out when an idiot is being an idiot.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I mostly use the report button. But when someone creates a thread that already exists, I post a link to the thread, then report the post.

Sometimes I might add a little side note about someone's post when making an on-topic post, but it's not to sound mod-ish or anything. Just to keep the forum clean of spam.

Years
    Hanako Tabris said:
    Some forums on here might need a few more mods, but PC is doing the best that it can now. Really, it's up to the mods/SMods/admins to decide who gets to be a mod.

I just kind of laugh at the mods who mini-mod. Not in a mocking way. It just sounds funny to me in a way. XD
    Not all sections need more/any mods. When the mods aren't on, we do have s-mods+ to take care of it. =)

I used to do that, every once in awhile. *fogot to mention this earlier* @@;; I still felt weird doing it, even though I was a mod... I mean, there really wasn't anything wrong with it, but it still felt like it. XD;

Back