• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mining mini game

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Ok, so I have seen the thread where that guy changed the plates into the gems in the mining mine game, but how does the script for it work exactly. I Don't exactly know how to edit the picture or the script in a way that I could actually make basically a whole new set. Most of the items I need for it I can't add, and agree with that one guy that you don't need more than one of each plate.

So is there someone with time that can teach us what each section means?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2018
    You see, the script reads the picture on a grid like this:

Spoiler:

The first line of the script is:

[:DOMEFOSSIL,20, 0,3, 5,4,[1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,1,1,1,0]],

Where:

:DOMEFOSSIL is the internal name of the item

20 is the probability of finding that item. (If you look at RootFossil, it has a value of 5 because there's 4 different pictures of it, which added up sum 20, meaning it's as rare as the Dome Fossil)

0 is the X coordinate of the Dome Fossil Sprite on the Grid

3 is the Y coordinate of the sprite

5 means it's 5 squares wide

4 means it's 4 squares tall

[1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,1,1,1,0] are the values of each of the 20 squares that contain the Dome Fossil. 1 Means you need to poke it to get the item, 0 means that square is not part of the item.

Something like this:

Mining mini game

I hope this helps.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Actually you explained it PERFECTLY.
    Now I can make it do exactly what I need.
    Thank you so much.
    This may be asking a lot, and if so, I'm sorry, but any chance you can send an image with just the grid you made?

And last question. Is there a max or min size the image has to be?

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    Here's a quick grid I made in paint. I'm pretty sure the image can be as long as you want, but only up to 928px wide. Not 100% sure on that though.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The item image can be any width or height you want.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Thank you all for the help.
    Now I just need to find the items I was going to add in.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I know nothing about how the mining works, but with LenSho's post, I learned enough to know that if I wanted to add it, I could... if that isn't on the Wiki, it needs to be, exactly how he put it, just saying.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    The wiki can be edited by anyone. Even you. Just saying.

Loooool... I tried editing it 3 or 4 times now and when I clicked save, my webpage caused a "not responding" message to appear, nice try though :D It's not just that one, it's any wiki.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • I edited it and it worked just fine for me.

I think the mining game specifics should probably go into its own page, to avoid needlessly enlarging the general Mini-Games page with technical information. I was about to do it myself earlier, but I saw you uploading the grid art to the wiki so I said "I'll let them handle it".

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Loooool... I tried editing it 3 or 4 times now and when I clicked save, my webpage caused a "not responding" message to appear, nice try though :D It's not just that one, it's any wiki.
    What browser are you using? Try another one. You help may be valuable to the wiki.

Back