• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mirage Hacking Productions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    ... wouldn't that make the game go REALLY slow? or crash at times even?

I don't think so.
    He's just repointed some data to fit more palettes in the bootscreen, I think. Or something similar to that.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Cool, but what will you use the extra pallets for :O
    Well, the tilemap can be edited and you can fit more palettes, which means you might be able to fit in an image, like the titlescreen o:
    But I'm not exactly sure :|

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    nope, it wont make it slow or crash, i'd only repoint the palette data then edit the asm routine that loads it.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    i can make a really cool image with 3 colours, if u want..
    One row of palttes in the VBA Palette Viewer = 16 blocks of colors.
    It's originally only one row, which makes it 16 colors. Since X-Buster added 2 more rows to make it 3. It would fit 16 x 3 = 48 colors. So, you can make a more awesomer tilemap with 48 colors, I think XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    One row of palttes in the VBA Palette Viewer = 16 blocks of colors.
    It's originally only one row, which makes it 16 colors. Since X-Buster added 2 more rows to make it 3. It would fit 16 x 3 = 48 colors. So, you can make a more awesomer tilemap with 48 colors, I think XD
    one row of palette consist of 16 colors and the first palette will always be transparent(no matter what color is it) while the last 15 palette are visible. so we have 1 transparent color and 15 true palette colors. thus, it would be 15 x 3 = 45..

note that in an image that uses 16 color mode or should i say compressed image uses 1 row palette at a time so you cannot use 2 or more row palette on a compressed image.

while an image that uses 256 color mode or uncompressed image uses all 16 row palette on an uncompressed image. note that in 256 color mode you have 1 transparent color and 255 true colors.

the thing that i want to know is what and where can i find the asm routing that loads a uncompressed image data.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Name: Nintendoshs.
    Position: Mapping(Spriting If I get good at it).
    Proof of Work: .
    Past Experiences/Past Projects: None Yet.

I'm sorry, I think your mapping is just horrible. I'll doubt you'll get accepted. Try to improve your mapping and PLEASE use the provided tiles in a ROM properly.

I'm not the owner so you still have a chance to get accepted.

MissMurder

Precious Stalker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2010
    Name: Nintendoshs.
    Position: Mapping(Spriting If I get good at it).
    Proof of Work: .
    Past Experiences/Past Projects: None Yet.
    My apologies. You need still need to learn all the basic things needed in mapping like the correct usage of tiles, creativity in maps and so forth.

And to the team. This is Umbreon. And this is my alt. :3

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    My apologies. You need still need to learn all the basic things needed in mapping like the correct usage of tiles, creativity in maps and so forth.

Cool ALT! I thought you were some kind of new guy. xD

Ki77y666

I'm with stupid ^
    Years

if this is your alt can you pleaz make a decision on my application.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    guys, i will be inactive these days. school ate up all my free time. but i can still visit pc but can't do hacking..

Last edited:

Nintendoshs

The Absol Master
    Years
    I probably should have explained that second one. That one is like an underground for my hack region. It connects all towns. The Icy area is only from an icy town. The other different colored area is from only a hot town.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
    I probably should have explained that second one. That one is like an underground for my hack region. It connects all towns. The Icy area is only from an icy town. The other different colored area is from only a hot town.

I'm not sure that really makes a difference because they're still bad

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I have to agree with altariaking.
    And, I think we need some deputy leader/whatever to look over applications and the thread when umbreon_ fails to do so :/

MissMurder

Precious Stalker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2010
    You could do the job, Binary. If you wanted to since I don't want this thread to be inactive.

As for Nosman. Accepted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back