• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mirage Island

gregory_turner420

Trainer/Breeder
Years
  • i just got there today on a new run through of ruby, got the berry killed some wynauts, hatched an egg and left to never returnm thats about all there is to do

Espeonrules

~Pokemon Fan-Girl~
    Years
  • how exaclly do you get there

The only way to get there is to talk to the old man in Pacifidlog Town. If he says he can see Mirage Island, then Surf onto the sea route to the right of the town (I think it's Route 130). There should be this huge island. That's Mirage Island.

Unfortunately, the chances of seeing Mirage Island is pretty much one in a million. It's based on the ID Number that you have. Each day, the games assigns a certain ID Number. If this number matches the personality value of any of the Pokemon in your party, then the old man will say he can see the Island. A personality value is this special number that the game assigns to a Pokemon as soon as you catch it. Basically, this whole thing is on pure luck alone-it would be far easier to get a shiny Pokemon or catch a Feebas. Feh.

I have never seen Mirage Island and I probably never will. I envy those who have.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Unfortunately for me, I have never been able to visit the Mirage Island. But I would love to do so at least once. ;_;

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I've never been ): When I first heard about it, when I got my Ruby version I wanted to visit. But now I couldn't give a care in the world if I got the chance to go. (:<

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2021
    I visited once. But alas, my Pokeball inventory was empty. I didn't get a chance to catch Wynaut while I was there, however, I did manage to grab the Liechi Berry.

Pingouin_7

You can always go buy Pokéballs and then go back to the island...
    It stays there the whole day unless you put the Pokémon with the right Mirage Island ID back in the PC.

L5Animations

Gamer & Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • I once came across one in my Emerald. No idea how, and I was...ah...confused. I'd never heard of it before, than this old man is ranting on about an island appearing, then I happen to surf out and a random island that I'd never seen before appeared...yeah.

BLK

Trainer From The Holon Region
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2021
    I went there once, got my berries, caught who knows how many wynaut, never want to go again

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I've never been there, sadly. Meh, I can get Liechi berries from Pokemon Battle Revolution, and you already get a Wynaut from an egg nyway, so meh... :P I'm not that disappointed to not have been able to go there. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I've never seen Mirage Island, and I doubt I ever will, particularly since I don't play RSE that frequently these days. I'd like to see the island, but it doesn't sound like I'm missing much, other than a berry and more Wynaut (which I already have).

I wish Mirage Island were easier to find, though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2010
    hello

i dont know how can i go to mirage island.... i think my pokemon version dont have that map xD

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • i dont know how can i go to mirage island.... i think my pokemon version dont have that map xD

Talk to the old man in one of the Houses in Pacifidlog. I think it's the rightmost one. He will tell you if he can see Mirage island that day. Also, if you have a dead internal battery, this may not work, because it's time based.

IF he says he can see Mirage island, surf out in the direction he is looking, and you will find it.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • In my many years of playing R/S/E, I've never been to Mirage Island.
    I remember the old man talking about seeing it, but I stupid, young and didn't pay attention.
    Later on, I remember going everyday for about 2 months; no luck.
    ]:

Back