• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    You have a mac as well. I found an easy way to fix the crashing problem when hitting escape, or going fullscreen. New emulator! look up vba-m. It says it is for mac also, but I could not find anything but the .exe. Luckily, with wine, I was able to open the emulator and I have been playing happily ever since.

Yeah, I'm new to the whole mac thing, so I haven't quite figured out Wine yet. I found an emulator called Open Emu (???) that seems to be working fine, though, so I've just been using that. Fingers crossed.

(I don't mean to be off topic - I wanted to make sure I put this out there in case any other Mac users were having trouble with the game.)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    also, there ought to be a quest log

I know this. Working on it. It's not easy. =P

No worries.

I figured you were probably new, given your low post count, so I thought I'd give you a gentle and polite warning before you got yourself in trouble by a Moderator.

Also, you should have a look at the rules if you haven't already. Just to make sure you don't accidentally break any rules simply because you didn't know about them.

avara, I was wondering about something: Are there any cute fairy type Fakemon in MoT? Like I said before, I still haven't gotten very far into it. (been a bit preoccupied) And if so, which is your favorite? I'm thinking about adding a couple of Fairy Fakemon to my other hack I'm starting (currently on hiatus so I can focus on CoG, but I want to learn as much as possible before then, including the opinions of the community so why not start with a good friend? :D)

Unfortunately no since adding new types is outside of my skill range at the moment =(

Just beat the game with about 74 hours played.... no fairy types. A healer/support fairy would be neat. Perhaps one that can utilize baton pass? Also, when I think of fairies, I think of rainbows... perhaps you could make a move related to rainbows....

Making new moves is also out of my skill range... Ugh. =(

This bug is famous, I think Avara fixed it for Version 3 =)

Indeed =)

http://youtu.be/EY9qAm-JjDE

a video of some bugs I found, mentioned and unmentioned.

Wow... I totally appreciate the effort you made since I bet it took you a while to make that, but is there anyway you could make it not public? Lol. "Mirage Of Bugs"... =P

Years
  • Could you add another Engima berry bush somewhere in V3, because I think nobody really knows where to find the berry, someone told me that the Magikarp you can buy for 5K at the research lab wields it but buying the poke wasn't really an option for me because I wanted to get a good alignment.

Hope that's not to much to ask, because it would be a shame for me if i'm not able to start the breeding career. :x

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    Wow... I totally appreciate the effort you made since I bet it took you a while to make that, but is there anyway you could make it not public? Lol. "Mirage Of Bugs"... =P

I made it so only people with the link can see it. I can make the video completely private if you would like, though.

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • Could you add another Engima berry bush somewhere in V3, because I think nobody really knows where to find the berry, someone told me that the Magikarp you can buy for 5K at the research lab wields it but buying the poke wasn't really an option for me because I wanted to get a good alignment.

Hope that's not to much to ask, because it would be a shame for me if i'm not able to start the breeding career. :x

Just thought I would let you know that just one bad alignment point won't give you an overall bad alignment. I believe that if you take the seeker career there are even more alignment altering events.

Years
  • I just want to come out and say this hack is amazing

Ive been playing it on my fone since ive downloaded it.

This is honestly what i've wanted out of a REAL Pokemon game; choices, nothing to linear, and no a huge complex background story like B & W 2.

i have a couple "Help I'm stuck" questions.
    How do i get FLY?
    I caught a Tailow at that Teleport Island and it evolved to Swellow and i went to the chick and she basically said my flying Pokemon is not good enough to learn Fly
    soooooooo what do i have to catch or do before I get fly.

Also is Barboach and Magikarp the only water Pokemon in this game?
    I really dont want one but i know i need a water Pokemon for SURF and being all my pokemon are like +23 and i still have nothing that can learn SURF [less my Nidorino/KING (once i find a moonstone...can some one guide me to that too?) can learn it like every other like normal????

Oh and does are starter have a evolution? Ive been grinding like crazy just to see how crazy he could look?

okay anyway keep up the good work this game is HoF/GotY guaranteed in my book
    hope the Hiatus doesn't last

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • I just want to come out and say this hack is amazing

Ive been playing it on my fone since ive downloaded it.

This is honestly what i've wanted out of a REAL Pokemon game; choices, nothing to linear, and no a huge complex background story like B & W 2.

i have a couple "Help I'm stuck" questions.
    How do i get FLY?
    I caught a Tailow at that Teleport Island and it evolved to Swellow and i went to the chick and she basically said my flying Pokemon is not good enough to learn Fly
    soooooooo what do i have to catch or do before I get fly.

Also is Barboach and Magikarp the only water Pokemon in this game?
    I really dont want one but i know i need a water Pokemon for SURF and being all my pokemon are like +23 and i still have nothing that can learn SURF [less my Nidorino/KING (once i find a moonstone...can some one guide me to that too?) can learn it like every other like normal????

Oh and does are starter have a evolution? Ive been grinding like crazy just to see how crazy he could look?

okay anyway keep up the good work this game is HoF/GotY guaranteed in my book
    hope the Hiatus doesn't last

The fly registry office is by Clearwater Pond southeast from Jita Village. There is a list of the qualifying Pokemon on the main post under the faq spoiler I believe. The surf registry office is right outside Tanzite Tunnel by Lethean City. You must go talk to Avara and Atenza at the hotel first though. List is also on the main post.

All the water first stage evolution Pokemon off the top of my head. Not including the two you mentioned.: Wooper, Tentacool, Psyduck, Totodile, Finneon(only available to researchers at New Bora) and Suicune.

The starter evolves at level 40 to one of 3 different evolutions. I believe it works like this, similar to the Tyrogue\Hitmon series.:(putting a spoiler for anyone who wishes to be surprised)

Spoiler:

Hope this helps

Years
  • The fly registry office is by Clearwater Pond southeast from Jita Village. There is a list of the qualifying Pokemon on the main post under the faq spoiler I believe. The surf registry office is right outside Tanzite Tunnel by Lethean City. You must go talk to Avara and Atenza at the hotel first though. List is also on the main post.

All the water first stage evolution Pokemon off the top of my head. Not including the two you mentioned.: Wooper, Tentacool, Psyduck, Totodile, Finneon(only available to researchers at New Bora) and Suicune.

The starter evolves at level 40 to one of 3 different evolutions. I believe it works like this, similar to the Tyrogue\Hitmon series.:(putting a spoiler for anyone who wishes to be surprised)

Spoiler:

Hope this helps

Oh most defiantly i forgot about the list in the main post
    thanks

you know anything about the evolution stones like the moon stone? Is there a huge market where you can buy them or are they in like a black market

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • Oh most defiantly i forgot about the list in the main post
    thanks

you know anything about the evolution stones like the moon stone? Is there a huge market where you can buy them or are they in like a black market

There is a store in Ekaruba Island which sells evolution stones. I am not positive they have a moon stone but they should.

Oh, yes, may I ask why this game is on hiatus Avara?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2016
    I know it's been brought up before but I can find the post on how to get passed the last guy in the underground tunnel. I beat him then healed and came back now he won't move.

Years
  • Anyway, there are MANY bugs in the tripoke challenge. You can move through the walls without using the walk through walls cheat and you can also spam the challenge for the rare candies (not sure if this is a bug but seems odd)

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Anyway, there are MANY bugs in the tripoke challenge. You can move through the walls without using the walk through walls cheat and you can also spam the challenge for the rare candies (not sure if this is a bug but seems odd)
    It was mentioned on a previous page that the challenge was meant to be repeatable for Rare Candies.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2014
    How do i become a pokemon breeder? I know you have to heal the sick pokemon but the lady needs ingredients and i don't know where to get them...

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Hiatus..

Hey Avara, is there a specific reason for this? It's a bit disheartening to see that word on the thread of such a prestigious hack, but I understand that things happen and sometimes we have to put things on hold so we can focus on what's important.

Just wondering if you were willing to share your reason with us.

Either way, I hope this hiatus doesn't last too long!

Years
  • Just thought I would let you know that just one bad alignment point won't give you an overall bad alignment. I believe that if you take the seeker career there are even more alignment altering events.

I'm aware of that, but knowing it wasn't a finished hack I didn't know how many alignment changing events there would be, so being pretty sure this one gives you a bad alignment, I tried to avoid it. :P

Years
  • This might sound stupid but does Hiatus mean on hold?
    I guesse it does, but just to be sure.
    Like most people know, I suck with names etc, so yeah.. ~_~

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2014
    I have a few questions... (I'm a noob)

1)What happens after you use the ancient orb?

2)How do I become a pokemon breeder?

3)Are there any more rare pokemon missions after skrelp?

4)Are you able to catch the other two legendaries? (I see them in the ruins of Kala)

Back