• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
  • I can't, unfortunately. Thread titles are in the hands of moderators =P I asked to have it changed a while back but I'm sure they'll get around to it when they have the time =)

A relatively small update, this is what I've been working on today!

Mirage Of Tales

What do you guys think of my first draft of the male hero's backsprite? Any criticism welcome as always! This was just a test to make sure I could do it properly when I have a final set of sprite frames ready.

I feel like the sprite has messy hair not spiky

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    Found a dead end bug. Talking to this dude at the end of the Science Center Experiment Mission gives me a rare candy, then he disappears, if i walk down he reappears and gives me another (eventually unlimited) rare candy. Idk where to go from here + i havent been able to battle Troy. Last time I saw him he told me to go use the Ancient Orb. Did that, found nothing there. I have caught Entei, seen Suicine, idk where else to go.

My only other idea is through the Aquaduct, but I cant find the CANAL Ticket anywhere.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2016
    Just wanted to let you know I enjoyed watching episode/part 1 of your nuzlocke and decided to sub.
    Keep it up and have fun with it xD

Haha thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'll be posting episodes every few days!

And I assume the glitch that doesn't let me run in the first two towns is already known?

And I dig that back sprite!

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
    Years
  • Haha thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'll be posting episodes every few days!

And I assume the glitch that doesn't let me run in the first two towns is already known?

And I dig that back sprite!

Yeah you can only run in certain areas which is why you get a bike so early in the game.
    I just register my bike and ride it whenever I get the urge to run when I know I can't.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I feel like the sprite has messy hair not spiky

Good point actually, I see what you mean when I compare it side-by-side with the hero's trainer sprite. I'll work some more on the hair!

I think it's perfect. It match the ow and trainer sprite itself. Is it your work? You've got good hands there :)
    Mirage Of Tales

Thank you! it is my work yeah but I used the original trainer sprite heavily as a template to work on =P Glad you like it, I'm going to keep tweaking it until it looks better before I get the frames inserted! The female hero backsprite is waaay harder to draw, so I might be lazy and leave it for now =P

Found a dead end bug. Talking to this dude at the end of the Science Center Experiment Mission gives me a rare candy, then he disappears, if i walk down he reappears and gives me another (eventually unlimited) rare candy. Idk where to go from here + i havent been able to battle Troy. Last time I saw him he told me to go use the Ancient Orb. Did that, found nothing there. I have caught Entei, seen Suicine, idk where else to go.

My only other idea is through the Aquaduct, but I cant find the CANAL Ticket anywhere.

What career/s are you doing and who/where is this person? You're not able to battle Troy in Version 2, and you get the Canal ticket from the Boss of your career when the Science Centre quest is finished. Are you sure you've actually finished it, or it could be this event that is stopping you from finishing it?
    Let me know and I'll do what I can to help =)

Looks good so far.Till where does the version 2 goes?

It goes up to just before this game's equivalent to the Pokémon League! =)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    What career/s are you doing and who/where is this person? You're not able to battle Troy in Version 2, and you get the Canal ticket from the Boss of your career when the Science Centre quest is finished. Are you sure you've actually finished it, or it could be this event that is stopping you from finishing it?
    Let me know and I'll do what I can to help =)

The person is at the end of the Science Center on the orange/red couch with the Pokeball behind the guy.

I'm a trainer, I didn't choose a side.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    The person is at the end of the Science Center on the orange/red couch with the Pokeball behind the guy.

I'm a trainer, I didn't choose a side.

Okay thanks! I'll have a look into it. None of the Person Event ID numbers are the same so I don't know what could be causing it =/. Does the guy talk to you at all or does it just keep coming up with item notification messages?

Also, it's cool to see somebody who's not playing the Seeker/Criminal routes! I think I'm going to add more side-quests and stuff for non-Seekers/Criminals just to differentiate the storylines more, I worry that it's more boring with less things to do than for the Criminals/Seekers/Researchers.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    Okay thanks! I'll have a look into it. None of the Person Event ID numbers are the same so I don't know what could be causing it =/. Does the guy talk to you at all or does it just keep coming up with item notification messages?

Also, it's cool to see somebody who's not playing the Seeker/Criminal routes! I think I'm going to add more side-quests and stuff for non-Seekers/Criminals just to differentiate the storylines more, I worry that it's more boring with less things to do than for the Criminals/Seekers/Researchers.

Yeah I try to speak with him, no dialogue from him, then he disappears and I receive the rare candy all in .5 seconds. That's cool if you're gonna add more trainer specific quests. Imagine it as the PVP route of an MMO game. I don't care to fish or mine or whatever. I care about catching the coolest Pokemon (usually the ones with in-game sprites) and battling with them against difficult opponents. A real master trainer.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2016
    Yeah you can only run in certain areas which is why you get a bike so early in the game.
    I just register my bike and ride it whenever I get the urge to run when I know I can't.
    Ah, so the whole no running in towns is intentional?! Guess I'll stop complaining about that after episode 4 lmao Thanks for letting me know!
    And I do like the fact that this game makes it feel like you have to build up from the start, what with how expensive everything is from the get go...every Pokeball counts and it's so scary haha

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Yeah I try to speak with him, no dialogue from him, then he disappears and I receive the rare candy all in .5 seconds. That's cool if you're gonna add more trainer specific quests. Imagine it as the PVP route of an MMO game. I don't care to fish or mine or whatever. I care about catching the coolest Pokemon (usually the ones with in-game sprites) and battling with them against difficult opponents. A real master trainer.

I've fixed the problem now, so thank you for taking the time to comment and let me know about it!
    Yeah I like the points you've made, I just have to think about what to do next for the Trainer-exclusive players... I have some ideas, although there wouldn't be any main characters in them to associate with the job, but it might not necessarily be a bad thing.
    I have fixed the bug but I will have to wait to release the patch until Version 3 comes at this rate since I've begun but not finished so much stuff =P

Ah, so the whole no running in towns is intentional?! Guess I'll stop complaining about that after episode 4 lmao Thanks for letting me know!
    And I do like the fact that this game makes it feel like you have to build up from the start, what with how expensive everything is from the get go...every Pokeball counts and it's so scary haha

Sadly it isn't intentional that you can't run in some places but it's a bug I have no idea how to fix. Like DoYouKnowHowToPokemon said it's the reason why I give you the bike at the start because I know it's annoying to walk everywhere =P sorry for the inconvenience!

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2016
    I've fixed the problem now, so thank you for taking the time to comment and let me know about it!
    Yeah I like the points you've made, I just have to think about what to do next for the Trainer-exclusive players... I have some ideas, although there wouldn't be any main characters in them to associate with the job, but it might not necessarily be a bad thing.
    I have fixed the bug but I will have to wait to release the patch until Version 3 comes at this rate since I've begun but not finished so much stuff =P

Sadly it isn't intentional that you can't run in some places but it's a bug I have no idea how to fix. Like DoYouKnowHowToPokemon said it's the reason why I give you the bike at the start because I know it's annoying to walk everywhere =P sorry for the inconvenience!
    It's alright! As horrible as this will probably sound, I'm actually pretty grateful that it wasn't intentional, because I would've heavily disagreed with it as a design choice :P Good luck with fixing it! It doesn't ruin the experience though, so don't sweat it too much!
    And oh man, I recorded 2 more episodes just now, and all I can say is, my team wishes I didn't say yes to that one choice lmao

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    It's alright! As horrible as this will probably sound, I'm actually pretty grateful that it wasn't intentional, because I would've heavily disagreed with it as a design choice :P Good luck with fixing it! It doesn't ruin the experience though, so don't sweat it too much!
    And oh man, I recorded 2 more episodes just now, and all I can say is, my team wishes I didn't say yes to that one choice lmao

Looking forward to watching them! Please continue with your hatred of the rival. He only gets more irritating as time goes on haha. I'll be interested to see which career you pick!

I'm going to be bringing another nice unexpected but rather big update very soon, so watch out for that! And a little hint for events to come in Version 3, I'm just going to say it's related to Eli and his Pokémon of choice. =D

Years
  • The SFS Base event has 2 bugs:
    1- You can't go upstairs because the stairs' warp tile is misplaced.
    2- Talking to Aries cause a weird glitch...

I had to use Advance Map to fix those bugs, lol. xD
    Anyway, Absol ran away and I have no idea where to go now ... I went to the research lab. but the Sun Stone doesnt work on Eevee. Does the current beta end there or did I just miss something?

May I suggest you to add PCs in every Community Center?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    The SFS Base event has 2 bugs:
    1- You can't go upstairs because the stairs' warp tile is misplaced.
    2- Talking to Aries cause a weird glitch...

I had to use Advance Map to fix those bugs, lol. xD
    Anyway, Absol ran away and I have no idea where to go now ... I went to the research lab. but the Sun Stone doesnt work on Eevee. Does the current beta end there or did I just miss something?

May I suggest you to add PCs in every Community Center?

I thought I'd fixed that. I'm looking at the warp in A-Map as we speak and it's in the right place =/ the behaviour block data is right as well so as of right now it's a total mystery to me. How did you fix it in A-map? I'll download the patch from the link and look there, while adding the new Aries script I might have moved some stuff around.

It's been noted that the Sun Stone doesn't work on Eevee which is why I'm going to replace the Eevee Project altogether. I think I overwrote some data in the stone routine by accident way back when I first started and I don't know how to fix it yet, but I'm working on it! =)

You have to catch Abyssol to complete the event. That's why it attacks you again if you faint/run from it. It has the same catch rate as a normal Absol, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    The problem is I cant find Absol or Abyssol anywhere, after it escaped from Aries.
    Btw, I am playing version 2.

Is it not showing up at Heather Hill? That's where it should be, hiding in the corner of the grass. =)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I absolutely love the accent your overworld tiles have, and applaud your creative use of existing tiles and behavior bytes. I can't play the hack right now, but I get home in about 6 hours and I'll definitely try it then. :)

Back