• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2018
    where is the seekers base i already caught suicune and got my fake id ????

Last edited:

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
    Years
  • really amazing hack; does it end before challenging Troy? I'm after the event in the ruins, I got Entei but after that I go in the cave I can't climb the waterfall.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I've been playing for a while and i'm a bit stuck.
    how are you able to fight the gym leader in verlume villas?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    The gym in verlume villas has a invisible walls maze(you know like the fushia(typo?) city gym)
    Its a dark type gym, I was confused at first too but I got to Tain(I think thats the gym leader's name).

sorry, i meant how do i even enter the gym? there is a guard saying that the gym leader is missing and i don't know what to do.

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
    Years
  • sorry, i meant how do i even enter the gym? there is a guard saying that the gym leader is missing and i don't know what to do.

Did you do the grey lord manor event? To get the key go into the pub next to the manor, talk to the pub owner to get the GIN, talk to the guard outside loxar's estate/manor,go inside and defeat loxar he will drop the key, go back to grey lord's manor and head to the top floor. Complete the event then head to the gym. That guard should be gone now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Did you do the grey lord manor event? To get the key go into the pub next to the manor, talk to the pub owner to get the GIN, talk to the guard outside loxar's estate/manor,go inside and defeat loxar he will drop the key, go back to grey lord's manor and head to the top floor. Complete the event then head to the gym. That guard should be gone now.

thanks, i'll try that, but first i think i have to re-patch my game to a clean rom. for some reason the pub owner doesn't move in my old game so there was no way i could talk to him.

Years
  • I am curiose as to what that peguisis looking pokemon is that pops up twice in the game is. On top of that can you get the POKeVISAs in version 2 or will that come out in 3

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hi, guys! Sorry for my lack of responses recently but I've been pretty busy this week. Tonight I have some good news! With lots of assistance from joexv, the game finally has custom tiles! Some of these tiles I created all by myself and others I found in public tilesets (I will credit all the tile creators individually in the thread when I find out who they all are!). This new addition will push back the release time for Version 3 a lot because I am in the process of re-mapping most areas and it's going to take quite a while. Here are a few screenies as a preview of Mirage Of Tales' progressing new look! =)

Mirage Of Tales
    Mirage Of Tales
    Mirage Of Tales
    Mirage Of Tales
    Mirage Of Tales

~AvaraMoon

inheartstaco

Lightning Dragon Slayer
    Years
  • Looks fantastic! Looking forward to Beta 3

Out of curiosity, I'm now up to the part where you're meant to head to the capitol, however when I enter the sewer there's nowhere to go, have I reached the end of Beta 2?

Xanathos

Years
  • Looks fantastic! Looking forward to Beta 3

Out of curiosity, I'm now up to the part where you're meant to head to the capitol, however when I enter the sewer there's nowhere to go, have I reached the end of Beta 2?

You had your 8th badge? If so how did you do cause I got a guard before gym's door. I got the legendary dog, visited the prehistoric island

To get to the capitol you nedd a ticket whom I don't know where to find it, and show it to the guard in the building before Lethean city. The road you have to surf to get to this city there's a path in the south, take it and you will find the building with the guard.

Years
  • Hi, guys! Sorry for my lack of responses recently but I've been pretty busy this week. Tonight I have some good news! With lots of assistance from joexv, the game finally has custom tiles! Some of these tiles I created all by myself and others I found in public tilesets (I will credit all the tile creators individually in the thread when I find out who they all are!). This new addition will push back the release time for Version 3 a lot because I am in the process of re-mapping most areas and it's going to take quite a while. Here are a few screenies as a preview of Mirage Of Tales' progressing new look! =)

Mirage Of Tales
    Mirage Of Tales
    Mirage Of Tales
    Mirage Of Tales
    Mirage Of Tales

~AvaraMoon

Looks awesome! And how is the progression of the in battle sprite?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Started the hack for myself and named the rival Adic. After playing for a little while, I can tell that I made the right choice.

And I've gotta say, I'm impressed by the hack. While I haven't gotten to see any custom tiles, music, or the like yet, the sprites are pretty good and the amount of choice is kind of exciting. Exciting to the point that I'm actually motivated to keep playing.

I'm gonna keep an eye on this hack, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    You had your 8th badge? If so how did you do cause I got a guard before gym's door. I got the legendary dog, visited the prehistoric island

To get to the capitol you nedd a ticket whom I don't know where to find it, and show it to the guard in the building before Lethean city. The road you have to surf to get to this city there's a path in the south, take it and you will find the building with the guard.

Sorry but Troy isn't battle-able yet in Version 2 =(. This is because for Version 3, after defeating Troy, my planned Gym Leader Career arc is going to start, and I want to try and get as much of that done as possible. It's basically going to be a bit like a monotype challenge! =) As for the Canal Ticket, due to my scripting errors the only players that seem to be able to finish the Science Centre quest are Seekers =/ you should be okay if you're doing that career I think, try going to the SFS Base after the Gold Rush Challenge!

Looks awesome! And how is the progression of the in battle sprite?

Slowly but surely! I'm definitely taking on board your point about the hair being a bit different to how it looks in the trainer sprite/OW. The female backsprite is giving me a hard time though, haha. =P

I am curiose as to what that peguisis looking pokemon is that pops up twice in the game is. On top of that can you get the POKeVISAs in version 2 or will that come out in 3

The Pokevisa's something I intended for the post-game, and I don't know if it's too ambitious to say it'll be in Version 3. As for the Pegasus Pokémon, I hope it'll be a good surprise when you see where it's leading to =) all I can say is that it's linked to Azradon (I guess obvious since both fakemon) and it's going to be very tough =P

Started the hack for myself and named the rival Adic. After playing for a little while, I can tell that I made the right choice.

And I've gotta say, I'm impressed by the hack. While I haven't gotten to see any custom tiles, music, or the like yet, the sprites are pretty good and the amount of choice is kind of exciting. Exciting to the point that I'm actually motivated to keep playing.

I'm gonna keep an eye on this hack, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you, glad you're enjoying it! Custom tiles are something I'm working on now after joexv inserted some into the hack for me and helped me learn how to do it myself, so hopefully by the time Version 3 comes it'll look much better! Like you said about music and stuff there are still loads of things I need to learn how to do and improve.

Thanks everyone for all your support! =)

Xanathos

Years
  • Sorry but Troy isn't battle-able yet in Version 2 =(. This is because for Version 3, after defeating Troy, my planned Gym Leader Career arc is going to start, and I want to try and get as much of that done as possible. It's basically going to be a bit like a monotype challenge! =) As for the Canal Ticket, due to my scripting errors the only players that seem to be able to finish the Science Centre quest are Seekers =/ you should be okay if you're doing that career I think, try going to the SFS Base after the Gold Rush Challenge!
    Thanks for the info. But I will wait your next release cause I choose on purpose the Champion career. My plan was to conquer the gyms and win every tournament. I said no to every character who made me a different proposal.

can't wait to see the next plot and the new graphics =)

Years
  • I can't wait to see it. This Rom is may absolute favorite and i have just begun it again for the 3rd time. I was curious on how you evolve Skitty because when i try with a moonstone it just says "huh?". Also there is a glitch were you can get Hm cut by talking to a guy at the Surf licence shop.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2022
    Hi, I just got the canal ticket but I have absolutely no idea where in Letheon city I need to take it to. HELP! I need to go to finagold terrace

Years
  • Hi, I just got the canal ticket but I have absolutely no idea where in Letheon city I need to take it to. HELP! I need to go to finagold terrace

So there is a river near the Surf Licence shop and if you follow it down you will get taken the the Letheon Sewer system or something like that. that will take you to the swamp and just keep going from there. :)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I can't wait to see it. This Rom is may absolute favorite and i have just begun it again for the 3rd time. I was curious on how you evolve Skitty because when i try with a moonstone it just says "huh?". Also there is a glitch were you can get Hm cut by talking to a guy at the Surf licence shop.

The evolution glitch has been noted but thanks for pointing out the License glitch, I'm sure it was probably reported before but I had forgotten all about it! The new release will have the evolution problem fixed =)

my GLIGAR is now LVL 72 and it didn't evolve.. why? O.O

Because I didn't implement Gliscor into the hack. In all honesty, I forgot it even had an evolution. I only played up to 3rd gen so I don't know too many of 4th/5th gen Pokémon. I don't plan on adding Gliscor, Rhyperior, Magmortar and Electivire either. Sorry about that!

Back