• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2019
    I patched my file I had also just download a fresh fire red 1.0 and patched it see if that problem

I hope so I enjoy playing this game

Yes that village

ButteryButters

Poketuber
    Years
  • I found a few mapping glitches but I can't post them because of the minimum forum ost needed to post links so I'll say:

The new rock tiles. If you stand under them a portion of the characters hair is gone. Not sure why probably just a tile error

In the first route you can walk through 2 of the rock tiles near the stair leading to the ledge.

In Sogen Suburbs you can't walk under the top tile of the street lights. Its probably meant to be that way but I thought I would post it in case that is not the case

Loving the fact that V3 is out! Me and my friend are going to record a new playthrough of it at some point

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    for some resaon i still cant fight the last Gym :/

Again, are you sure you patched it to a clean rom and started a new game? The Troy battle has been tested many times and is working. Remember you have to have defeated every other gym leader first.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I Can't seem to figure out how to get Aries' Recommendation and this is on the save I started today, already got back to the same spot as my last save :) Any help or tips would be nice.

Also again nice job on the hack so far Avaramoon. If you want any two cents let me know.;)

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
    Years
  • for some resaon i still cant fight the last Gym :/

Again, are you sure you patched it to a clean rom and started a new game? The Troy battle has been tested many times and is working. Remember you have to have defeated every other gym leader first.

Actually there is no bug.
    Even with the seven references you can't defeat troy. You need to do the following steps:

1.Make sure you play V3 (easy, graphics are completly different)
    2.Play until you reach the event in the ruins on the islands of Troy.
    3.After Avara got you out with the escape rope, head south and you will find Troy giving you the orb.
    4.Fly to Havora beach with the orb, and surf heading south on the Cyan sea until you get a direction on the right corner. Carry on and enter the red cavern. Use the orb. get out, head east and enter the cretaceous cave. Take the Eli's ring for the rest of the adventure. This is the point of the cave besides to make you find Lapras (need waterfall).
    5. Go back to deafeat Troy in his gym.

IF YOU DON'T ENTER THE CRETACEOUS CAVE YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO HAVE THE 8TH REFERENCE!!!
    I know what I'm talking about I had the same problem earlier =)

@ Avara
    Can you check please the event for the great maze? cause I have the president's speech and when he said we can go they all disappear and in a fraction of second they all appear again so I can't go further ahead =( Do you have the same problem?

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Nex has the rom just now since he's kindly fixing the OW frames and map errors while I have a break cause I worked really hard on V3, so I'll post an update with any glitches fixed after he's done his thing with it. =)

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2021
    Actually there is no bug.
    Even with the seven references you can't defeat troy. You need to do the following steps:

1.Make sure you play V3 (easy, graphics are completly different)
    2.Play until you reach the event in the ruins on the islands of Troy.
    3.After Avara got you out with the escape rope, head south and you will find Troy giving you the orb.
    4.Fly to Havora beach with the orb, and surf heading south on the Cyan sea until you get a direction on the right corner. Carry on and enter the red cavern. Use the orb. get out, head east and enter the cretaceous cave. Take the Eli's ring for the rest of the adventure. This is the point of the cave besides to make you find Lapras (need waterfall).
    5. Go back to deafeat Troy in his gym.

IF YOU DON'T ENTER THE CRETACEOUS CAVE YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO HAVE THE 8TH REFERENCE!!!
    I know what I'm talking about I had the same problem earlier =)

1.Thank you very very very very very much for your help :)

2.i did it all already ,except for the Lapras where can i catch her?

Edit: this is what he said and i beat all the 7 already . and yes its V3 https://i.imgur.com/GBxpkYi.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    1.Thank you very very very very very much for your help :)

Edit: this is what he said and i beat all the 7 already . and yes its V3 https://i.imgur.com/GBxpkYi.png

You're not supposed to catch Lapras. That's why a waterfall is there. =P

If you've beaten the seven leaders, the variable will be set that triggers the event in Troy's Gym. This was tested several times by myself and other people, so I know for a fact it works... sorry but I don't know how to help you on this one. =/

Seriously though guys, don't use walk through walls to get Lapras. You'll be sorry. =P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2021
    You're not supposed to catch Lapras. That's why a waterfall is there. =P

If you've beaten the seven leaders, the variable will be set that triggers the event in Troy's Gym. This was tested several times by myself and other people, so I know for a fact it works... sorry but I don't know how to help you on this one. =/

OMG i think i know what the problem is.. i won all the 7 gyms but then i look in my trainer card and saw this:

Mirage Of Tales

that a normal thing only 4 badges or its the reason for my problem?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    OMG i think i know what the problem is.. i won all the 7 gyms but then i look in my trainer card and saw this:

Mirage Of Tales

that a normal thing only 4 badges or its the reason for my problem?

No you don't get badges in the game so it's nothing to do with that. I'll have a look through it when I get the rom back, like I said someone else is working on it while I have a break, but I genuinely have no idea what the problem is since others have managed to battle Troy in this release and in beta testing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2021
    No you don't get badges in the game so it's nothing to do with that. I'll have a look through it when I get the rom back, like I said someone else is working on it while I have a break, but I genuinely have no idea what the problem is since others have managed to battle Troy in this release and in beta testing.

oh well.. thank you anyway i love your game :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2020
    I absolutely love your work, I just started v 3.0 as my phone broke down last week I had to start over anyway so I just waited for it to come out. I really love how everything looks and the overall gameplay is just amazing. I especially like the changes in the city, at least so far. I would really like to thank you for making this as it brings me much pleasure playing it :)
    EDIT: just ran into some ledges, looks like I can't jump over them anymore. Small bug but I thought I should mention it

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2015
    HOW DO YOU DOWNLOAD THIS?

The download for V2.0 was the rom file itself, not an .ips file. I wiped all data for V2.0 and deleted the rom, and installed a fresh firered, i then renamed the downloaded file the same as my .sav i made in the clean rom. And I chose use.sav It didn't do anything it loaded as vanilla Firered help please???

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    just reporting a very minor glitch i found dicking around, some of the rock formations in brun valley are on the wrong layer.

edit: also occurs in brun cliff and to a lesser extent in clifftop town.

also more notably the running shoes appear to be broken.
    nevermind got them working but it didn't work until i left mount ore.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    The running shoes thing has been present and listed on the thread since V1(dont know how to fix sadly) and no actually I have NEVER uploaded it as a rom and never would since it's illegal/against the site rules. I have always uploaded MoT as a .ips file. There are tutorials you can look up on how to patch roms if you're confused =)

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2018
    I really love the hack and great concept
    But how do i get aries reffrence because i need it for the tournament

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I really love the hack and great concept
    But how do i get aries reffrence because i need it for the tournament

Sorry, someone else asked this too and I forgot to answer.

So for Aries' Reference go to the SFS Base - someone should have notified you that the upstairs floor is now finished. Bring Aries Entei, Raikou and Suicune to Aries and he will give you his Reference =)

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
    Years
  • 1.Thank you very very very very very much for your help :)

Can you send me your you sav file by pm or mediafire? So I can take a look in it
    I forgot were to go after Lethan City please help.
    Fly to Havora beach , the city with the third gym, head south and west trough the cyan sea, to reach Erakuba Island and carry on your Odyssey. =)
    HOW DO YOU DOWNLOAD THIS?
    There its is mate! =)
    https://www.mediafire.com/?cuzcjoaxgz0aq2b

Back