• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost

Bomberman + Sub-Zero
    Years
    What if you trade it to Gold/ Silver/ Crystal?
    Who has been to glitch city?
    Its freaky!
    Ive been wondering how people hack into gameshark and make their own pokemon codes and they actually work!

Tentachu

Movie Making Expert
    Years
    Swampling said:
    LoL - I Tried To Trade My Friends Missingno (Bob) To My Crystal! o.o Twas Strange -

It Just Said "-name-s Missingno Looks Strange...." If We Agreed To A Trade

O.o

I Looked At Its Stats, is said that it was a level 80 missingno on my friends red, but on crystal, its stats said level 39 stantler, its attacks were all fly and it was holding a carbos. Interesting... O.o`

[EDIT] Oh! Ive Always Wanted To Write That! XP LoL, Here Are Some Good names For Missingno! XP

Mississgo
    Misingi
    Missingni
    Missing? NO! (XP LoL, A Joke)
    Missingssing (o.O)
    missopo
    Misino

I have a theory to explain the outcome of that stantler...

Stantler is No. 234 in the Pok?dex in GSC.

GSC - Pok?mon Slot 234 - Stantler
    RB - Pok?mon Slot 234 - Missingno.

So you must've got the 83rd Missingno. (Slot 234)! So I take it that the missingno.s look the same, but are completely different slort nos.

PS: Let's party like it's post #99!

Antoshi

Imagination Station
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2023
    Whee

Hmm, this thread caught my eye, but it's been a while since anyone posted here.

Pounce said:
    he is telling the truth about the kangaskhan. I remember that happening in my games, too.

I also remember finding a lot of Tauros... and I don't see that listed anywhere in Kairi's letter chart.. o_o my name was usually "BEKAH" if that means anything.

um... what else... oh yeah, there's also a strip of land beneath pallet town where you can find unusual Pokemon while surfing. I can't remember if I ever tried the missingno trick on this strip of land/water or not, though. come to think of it, I should try it. ::thinks:: it was the strip of water directly to the left of the field beneath pallet town. I remember finding really odd land Pokemon while surfing there. o_o

That must be because you recently came from the Safari Zone, which is where the glitch process originated from (As the Safari Zone Trick). What happens there, is you enter the Safari Zone, and leave again, then go to the Seafoam Islands, and surf up and down the east edge of it there. The Pokemon that show up as wild are all Pokemon from the Safari Zone. The trick made it easier to catch the uber-rare Pokemon from the Safari Zone (Kangaskhan, Tauros, Chansey, etc). I believe the trick does work if you surf on the east edge of Cinnabar, as long as you hadn't talked to the Old Man recently.

Still, I do wonder how a supposedly glitched Pokemon got a name that works with it so well. MissingNo, the 000 Pokemon. If I missed someone talking about that earlier on this thread, my bad. :P

By the way, I've never heard of some of these glitches, and I've been around the block as few times. o-O What is Glitch City? And 3TrainerPoke? Those are new ones by me. Any threads here on them? I'm too lazy to search. :D

Mr. Jack-Covert Warfare

King of Ketchup
    Years
    Alrighty, I am far too lazy too read this whole thread so some stuff may be a repeat.

Q: MissingNo. In yellow version.....

A: Yes, you can get it without a gameshark. There is a "get anything at lvl 7" cheat in RBY. I am too lazy to post it so use google.

Q: Why does my hall of fame mess up when i don't save.

A: Try finding MissingNo in the gb tower in stadium. When you find it, the screen does not load for a while. However look at the bottom during this and you shall se that the game partially saves itself.

Q: Can I get Mew out of this?

A: Probably not.

Q: I saw MissingNo on accident...

A: Kill it. It'll only mess up your hall of fame.

Q: Does it evolve?

A: Yes, It can evolve into a Rhydon and a kangaskan.

Q: DUDE!?!?

A: .... that's not a question

Q: But I dont want to mess up my game...

A: Get a rom. You own the game, you can have backup copies of it. If you dont wanna mess that up than copy your .sav files before you get missingno.

Q: Why is this so long?

A: Bite me.

Q: Why sould i get him?

A: Utterly screwing around with your game is fun.

Q: What about those 100+ pokemon...

A: They wont mess up your game.

Q: Should I get a gameshark version of missingno?

A: Those are MUCH more harmful than the normal MissingNo. It is not suggested

Q: I am running out of questions.

A: Good, go home stupid kid.

Q: Is it a pokegod.

A: No. MissingNo is number 000 in the game. Pokegods have a number above 150 (this includes Mew).

Q: Pokegods look like missingNo, are they related.

A: They are all space fillers to meet the requisite number of pokemon (P3 [P3 is 256]). But they were never meant to be created because the creators were on a deadline to realease the game. So they filled up the game with random garbage. This garbage, however, was NOT created carefully. If it was, there would be no extra effects.

Q: Where can I get a savegame editor to make cool stuff for no reason.

A: Im in a good mood, it is in this post.

Q: Do you think that it was blah blah blah.....

A: I dont care.

Last edited:

Antoshi

Imagination Station
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2023
    Exactly what does that "saveeditor" you attached do and what is it for?

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    One has to wonder if MissingNo. (one one of its cohorts) will show up in the DS games...

And I know with 'Shark you can catch MissingNo. in Pok?mon Pinball. But is the same true for Pok?mon Pinball R & S?

mew_master

(don't)ignore paranthesees
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2005
    I think my blue version is really screwed up. i had just done the first part of glitch city, so i still had to walk 500 steps before i was actually in. so i talked to the old man in viridian city then flew to cinnabar and surfed until i found 'm. i caught it, and a hundred steps later i caught missingno. they're both in my party(i only had four pokemon before)
    so i put missingno in front of my party, and challenged the elite four. in between lance and gary, my 500 steps ran out and i was sent to the safari zone. i saved out of caution and entered glitch city. it looked like the elite four, except 9's and 2's were all over the walls. i went straight through a locked door and entered an infinite ocean. i kept on exploring, but then all the land disappeared. i took a step and an 'm appeared. i caught it as well as the ditto after it. then my character froze and i flew to viridian city. i went to the elite four again, but the first four were still still defeated. so i got to walk straight to gary who had taken on the form of the old man. i got close to him and my game froze. it was really messed up, has anything like this ever happened to any of you?

mew_master

(don't)ignore paranthesees
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2005
    ultimate mewmaster said:
    whats glitch city?how do you get into it?
    glitch city is just the normal game, but it's really glitched, with halves of houses, you can go straight over entrances to caves, and stuff like that. if you go too far, your game might freeze. so before it does, just fly somewhere and everything will be fine. it's just a cool glitch is all. and what it looks like depends on where you were when your 500 steps ran out. so here's how you do it:

1.) go to the safari zone, and say "yes" to the man behind the desk, pay 500 dollars and enter the safari zone.
    2.) save, turn off, and turn on
    3.)go back out the way you came. say no to the man.
    4.)exit the safari zone and go anywhere you want. walk 500 steps, and then the safari person will say ding dong, your time is up! your safari game is over!
    5.) once you are there go out of the safari place again. you're now in glitch city. it's a good idea to save before doing this.

so does anybody know what to do about my elite four problem? please don't say restart the game, i have such a cool one right now; i've done every one in the book: missingno, glitch city, the marowak/pokedoll, fishing in statues, surfing to the right of the ss anne, and the cooltrainer/ditto. my game must be messed up, but it's still really awesome! any suggestions?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2005
    destroy your game.you said not to restart it,and its not restarting.and,what game do you go into glich city?ferget
    about destroying your game.just a joke! :laugh: :P

Antoshi

Imagination Station
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2023
    Glitch City is found in Red/Blue versions...

It's scary. :P

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I'm not sure how many forms of MissingNo. are in R/B/Y, but I know the equations to figure how many they are:

(155)x(# of PoKeMoN moves+2)x4= # of MissingNo. forms. (glitch PoKeMoN)

and if you've used a GameShark to unlock fake PoKeGoDs.....

(310)x(# of PoKeMoN moves+2)x4= # of MissingNo. forms. (glitched Pokemon)

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    i've done every one in the book: missingno, glitch city, the marowak/pokedoll, fishing in statues, surfing to the right of the ss anne, and the cooltrainer/ditto. my game must be messed up, but it's still really awesome! any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

what are the last 4? :\

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I think they are referring to when you battle a ditto then change your pokemons moves around after it transfored, the wild ditto will have a move called cooltrainer. The marowak I'm not sure of. I do know if you go to the part of Pokemon stadium that you can take pictures in, missingno appears as a Rhydon doll.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    ..... I thought Glitch city only existed in Yellow version |?|

..... Has anyone ever had their Pikachu to die? I have. Fist I caught another Pikachu then I traded my original Pikachu for a Missingno, then traded it back. My Pikachu when I clicked on it had a skull over it's head when I talked to it and it wouldn't move. When I walked into a building, it stayed at the entrance blocking my way out, and when I walked out of a building it appeared on the outside of the door (still not moving) blocking my way in. Has anyone had this happen before?

justokre

Open your eyes.
    Years
    KougaWolf said:
    ..... I thought Glitch city only existed in Yellow version |?|

..... Has anyone ever had their Pikachu to die? I have. Fist I caught another Pikachu then I traded my original Pikachu for a Missingno, then traded it back. My Pikachu when I clicked on it had a skull over it's head when I talked to it and it wouldn't move. When I walked into a building, it stayed at the entrance blocking my way out, and when I walked out of a building it appeared on the outside of the door (still not moving) blocking my way in. Has anyone had this happen before?

Whoa! That's crazy! I gotta try that sometime! Did it battle?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back