• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    I used to do the missingno glitch 24/7... Until it deleted my Lv100 charizard that trained without any cheats :(

AsunaSakurai

The Goddess
    Years
    • Age 33
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 28, 2007
    i remember these....it destroyed the game...also if you catch pokemon in the unknown dungeon without catching mewtwo....it also destroys the game...also when u get ur 150pokemon....u get a chance to catch mew but that mew is a missingnoand messes up ur game

Rukio

Chaining is impossible
    Years
    hmmmm i remember misssingno if u catch one give it the nickname "pallet town" with out quotes i think that either prevents it from screwing up the game or it evolves it to a kaangashkan (i forget)

but i love missingno's move pool he doesnt learn anything but this is his movepool

water gun
    water gun
    sky attack

also if u never knew the area u catch missingno u can find pokemon on lvl 150 that can go above that by using rare candys not exp and depending on the letters of ur name u can get different pokemon (so its possible to get a lvl 150 mewtwo) im sure thew can google the list of letters and they'r pokemon.

anyways i hope this helps and i hope someone didn't already post all this (cuz i didnt bother reading it all)

AlexPokemon

o noez.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2008
    Missingno is the uberest of ubers. More uber than rayquaza. SO uber, it can make wierd messed up symbols appear everywhere when a pokeycenteramahealathing tries to heal it!

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    from what i remember about this, MissingNo comes in many different shapes:
    1. the usual block shape
    2. the Ghost from the tower
    3. Kabutops Skeleton
    4. Aerodactyl's skeleton

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    Er.

So, I finally got a hold of Japanese Red version.

Um, I've been surfing the side of Cinnabar for a loooong time, but I still haven't encountered a Missingno.

If anyone knows why, please do tell.

I have found that, it might be that the Japanese version, you encounter "Ketsuban" differently than Missingno. On youtube, there are videos of a player getting Ketsuban.

Ketsuban's Wikipedia article: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/けつばん

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Just a theory (because I really have no proof of it), but do you think it may have something to do with the fact that you can't obtain Missingno the same way in an English version of Red/Blue or that Red/Blue is actually based on the engine of the Japanese Blue, rather than of Red/Green?

For the former, my guess is based on the fact that during translation, if there's a known error in the game, the programming team might spend a bit more time working on the game before releasing the game to English audiences. (Or, alternatively, they'd simply rework the game so that points that can't work for English-speaking audiences are taken out.) This is why the glitches that were in the Japanese Gold/Silver didn't work in the English version of the same games and why Japanese Crystal had mobile capabilities while English Crystal did not. It could be plausible that during a making of Red/Blue (which was apparently already pretty heavily "reworked," what with the integration of Pokemon availability system of Red/Green being combined with the engine and graphics of Blue to produce the English version of the game), the programmers accidentally forged a new glitch simply by failing to remove the possibility of encountering Missingno but instead relocating it to a different portion of the map and possibly rewriting the sequence through which Missingno could be obtained.

For the latter, one would have to check Japanese Blue in order to find out the sequence of events needed to obtain Missingno, as if the English Red/Blue uses the game engine of the Japanese Blue, then that may be a horse of a different color in terms of glitches, in the way English Red/Blue has a fairly different set of glitches compared to English Yellow.

But again, both are pretty much just theories. I could be completely wrong on either or both, but it's a start for a train of thought. *shrug*

Joey the Cockroach

Years
    it all depends on what your name is. i think the 3rd, 5th and 7th letter counts in what pokemon you will find, which could be any type of Missingno. or could be a rare pokemon like Mewtwo.

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    Yay, I have caught many Missingnos in my time, and many M's... but how many of you have heard of a L:ST (LM4)? It's like the coolest 2x evolving non-pokemon ever~ ^^

And once I was messing around with the game and a Rocket trainer came up and battled me with 6 weird Japanese-named Pokemon... 0_-

If you want to know how you can see Rocket, just go into 'Pokemon Blue GBA' and type in Gameshark this code and the trainer will appear:
    8E90EDCF

Joey the Cockroach

Years
    of course, i havent encountered any other Missingnos apart from the L shaped block. does every missingno (including ghost, aerodactyl/kabutops skeleton) have the same attacks?

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    of course, i havent encountered any other Missingnos apart from the L shaped block. does every missingno (including ghost, aerodactyl/kabutops skeleton) have the same attacks?

I don't think that they do. I don't know. You might want to google it and find an expert on Missingno. There are a few websites that have a bunch of really good information on it. I don't know if I can post them here, because that might count as advertising.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    does any1 now how to get the skeloton areodactyl missingNo is it just pure luck cauz all I get is the L shaped 1...

west

One winged angel
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    i remember my missingo turned to a articune...weird right

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back