• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ember

Different Sequences
    Years
    I caught missingo and boom SAVE FILE CORRUPT! DOnt catch it when you dont have any space on your pokemon team

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I caught missingo and boom SAVE FILE CORRUPT! DOnt catch it when you dont have any space on your pokemon team

That's just a myth and does not happen. If it did, it was caused by something else.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2008
    That's just a myth and does not happen. If it did, it was caused by something else.
    actually that can happen but its a 50% chance anyone that has played the original pokemon red and blue knows this good luck if you do manage to pull it off without any damage done to the game I caught it once and it allowed me to get 99 rare candies but I wouldnt try it again and in the new game rare candies do more harm than good if you care about Evs

Forgiven

Sleatford champion 07-08
    Years
    lol there is a cheat to this have a rare candy in your 5th bag slot then do this you get infernet rare candys and missingnos when you catch them and it gos to you pc talk to the proffecer in pallet town you is funny and they hade sorted out the glich in Y but they brought it back so that people hade some thing to do when the hade compleased every thing in the game THANKS GAMEFREEK

s-buster

triforcetour ad min istrator
    Years
    ultimate missingno. glitch abuse

here are the most awesome things i have found about missingno.:

1. you can catch them at the highest level being known as NaN^NaN(not a number to the not a number power, or infinite times itself infinite times)(if you want to know how, i dont know how it happened either. the glitch pokemon had a glitch, the infinity glitch is the oldest form of pokerus, the current one being an exp booster. this old one spreads only to certain pokemon, but they dont get the infinity level, their exp gain or exp needed variable is messed up, so they get extremely powerful, extremely fast, and the level 100 limit is turned off, so you can go until 999. it remains even during battle, no matter what you do to raise the level) note: the infinity glitch is rare, can be found when you glitch a mew or glitch a missingno. it doesn't ever happen with the glitched M'. trust me, it cant even catch it.
    2. you can find missingno. without a level( "L "). sometimes this triggers #3, and rarely, spreads the infinity glitch to legendaries and starters- just these, strangely enough.
    3. when you catch a missingno. or glitched M' it may cause random nameless pokemon to appear in your boxes, sometimes creating a new box (box <glitched characters>) that cannot be renamed without freezing or glitching your screen. this makes it possible to get a mew through the missingno. glitch.
    4. when #3 happens, the pokemon are sometimes miscolored, or will have a different OT or ID from yours. if it doesnt have an ID(it happened to me) you will always win the lotto drawing, or if the ID is glitched characters. this happens if the #3 pokemons ID variable was changed to the Lotto ticket program variables.
    5. you might find a trainer that knows attacks, but its left shoe is always gone(i have no idea). you can only catch it with great balls. all others are blocked with the text that comes from trying to catch a trainers pokemon. if this happens, you can catch other trainers pokemon
    6. if you get #5, then make it hold an item. from then on, all the missingno. and glitched M' pokemon will hold whatever item #5 is holding. if it is not holding an item, it picks up a random item when you talk to the old man(no potions though, meh. it also finds glitched items. these are rare candies that wont disapear when used, or TMs that teach a glitched move that turns the foes hp variable to zero automatically when it enters battle( only works on trainers) but this may mess up your game
    7. this one doesnt always happen: if you find a level zero missingno., battle with it (wild or trainer, doesnt matter) its attack value goes up each turn, and it will gain 24Poke(cash) experience points, and you will get (total exp that should have been earned)exp poke. missingno. will grow to level <poke character>, and gain the move <blank space>(the same thing as hyper beam, except when used out of battle, it acts like fly. i dont know why.)and your cash will be 9999999, but will decrease only by one each time you buy something. if you catch a ratatata(spelling? havent played against a ratatata(?) in a long time) it will become level 46, and will need <pokecharacter> exp points to gain a level. buy 100 revives to level it up to level 52( it goes from 46 to 52 to glitched number) then buy 10 potions to get to gltched level. trust me, ive tried every option on this game, i know
    8. if you have less than six pokemon in your party, and you catch missingno. it will stay in your party and you can battle with it. its sumary varies. the strangest i have found shows a charmander with glitched minimum hp, NaN^NaN for the max, and the poke character for all the stats. its ability was a glitch, with the description saying " <poke> charmander, xysd#% are g speed powfense synchrofire gra<glitched characters.............................> alsleine mew find SS Anne deck event <binary coding> <hex>12a166FF</hex> shiny,.,/ int fj;a,,,,,,, chartlesaur" apparently, it had leftover data packed into it. and the charmander pic had a squirtle shell and one of bulbasaurs feet. (I still have this one)
    9. some pokemon caught in the glitch zone will later on turn into missingno. upon the change of certain variables
    10. you can catch missingno. that have your name
    11. a missingno. with a blank level can sometimes be traded to the metal generation games(gsc)
    12. some missingno. can be transfered between your box and party when you do certain things
    13. warning: slightly off topic fact ahead! if you know someone who can reprogram games( I do, hes a good friend, but his prices arent cheap) they can edit the missingno. variables, or make hacks for it that can be turned on and off. the most entertaining is actually sitting in the game programming, but it was never put into action. it is a lonely strip of code on mew and missingno. when my friend found it, he brought it up front to the active coding. the strip says that when you catch missingno. and have battled/caught mewtwo, mew can be found in any legendary pokemon's place(articuno, moltres, zapdos, mewtwo, and there may be more, i dont know what else he brought into active code.) the bigwigs at nintendo put this at the back so they could make mew an event pokemon. some japanese versions have an inactive strip on celebi. my hacking friend has american and japanese versions of every pokemon game. end off topic zone one. next zone starts here he also put a missingno. on my pokemon diamond game, same glitchy qualities. to replace the things you have to do, you had to talk to dawns father, then fly to twinleaf town and surf on the ponds edge there(the one thats facing away from the wall). the number of pokeballs you have equals the pokedex number(national) and the number of great balls equals the level. if you dont have any great balls, you get a level NaN^NaN pokemon, with the pokerus virus. the infinity virus will not spread from this one. if you dont have any pokeballs, you will catch missingno. if you have more than 493 then you will catch a level 1 suicune that knows transform and fly. it evolves into a missingno. named lucario at level 16, and it evolves into a inferrion(infernape-torterra-empoleon combination. the graffic shows all three side by side. you pick the attacks for each) that has infinity virus, pokerus, and a daycare anomalty at level 36. the viruses wil spread to the starters in your box if you have any. this only works with hacks, remember, only hacks the daycare anomalty: if left at the daycare, it will show you having a ditto and a dialga at the daycare on your poketech. it will always make eggs, no matter if you have one or two pokemon there. the eggs will hatch into either a chimtwiplup(chimchar-turtwig-piplup, which evolves into monfernplup( you should be able to guess by now), then inferrion, or it will hatch into one of the legendaries(event pokemon too)(these would be dialga, palkia, heatran, rotom, shaimin, arceus, darkrai, celebi, mew, mewtwo, groudon, kyalga, raquaza, deoxys, manaphy, pheon, gyrantina, articuno, moltres, zapdos, suicune, entei, raikou, ho-oh, lugia, jirachii, latias, latios, mesprit, azael, uzki(?)... tell me if i missed any...) or a combination of the legendaries, acording to games they appeared in, or what group they were in together in the games. see legendary grouping at the bottom
    14. catching missingno.s repeatedly and getting certain levels and types of missingno. will unlock an unanounced unrevealed island, where you act as god to the data. this is the pokemon rby debug mode. welcome to heaven of pokemon. when on this island, you can change things using easy menus. this is only the basic debug mode, the ultimate is only unlockable through data downloaded via link cable. the data is only found at Nintendo HQ of japan, lost in the safe. just like NP's time machine fix kit (inside joke for NP subscribers). this data was given to some of the beta testers. the basic debug mode can not change things that would destroy the game, and you cannot see the actual code. you can change what pokemon you have, what pokedex entries you have, what items you have, what levels your pokemon are, your name, your pokemons colors, what moves your pokemon knows, and more. yes, you can teach hms to any pokemon, along with any other moves
    15. if you know something awesome about missingno., let me know!

Legendary Grouping
    • birds- articuno, moltres, zapdos
    • the floaters- mew, mewtwo, celebi
    • special birds- ho-oh, lugia
    • elemental embodiments- entei, raikou, suicune
    • triangular creationists- groudon, kyogre, raquaza
    • eon pokemon- latias, latios
    • olden events- deoxys, celebi, jirachii
    • mineral five- palkia, dialga, mesprit, azael, uzki(is this correct?)
    • national dex require team- Gyrantina, heatran, rotom
    • dateless eventers- arceus, darkrai, shaimin

have anything to add? post it below, or to get it done faster, pm me!

Loto

Fear Nuckle!
    Years
    here are the most awesome things i have found about missingno.:
    1. you can catch them at the highest level being known as NaN^NaN(not a number to the not a number power, or infinite times itself infinite times)(if you want to know how, i dont know how it happened either. the glitch pokemon had a glitch, the infinity glitch is the oldest form of pokerus, the current one being an exp booster. this old one spreads only to certain pokemon, but they dont get the infinity level, their exp gain or exp needed variable is messed up, so they get extremely powerful, extremely fast, and the level 100 limit is turned off, so you can go until 999. it remains even during battle, no matter what you do to raise the level) note: the infinity glitch is rare, can be found when you glitch a mew or glitch a missingno. it doesn't ever happen with the glitched M'. trust me, it cant even catch it.
    2. you can find missingno. without a level( "L "). sometimes this triggers #3, and rarely, spreads the infinity glitch to legendaries and starters- just these, strangely enough.
    3. when you catch a missingno. or glitched M' it may cause random nameless pokemon to appear in your boxes, sometimes creating a new box (box <glitched characters>) that cannot be renamed without freezing or glitching your screen. this makes it possible to get a mew through the missingno. glitch.
    4. when #3 happens, the pokemon are sometimes miscolored, or will have a different OT or ID from yours. if it doesnt have an ID(it happened to me) you will always win the lotto drawing, or if the ID is glitched characters. this happens if the #3 pokemons ID variable was changed to the Lotto ticket program variables.
    5. you might find a trainer that knows attacks, but its left shoe is always gone(i have no idea). you can only catch it with great balls. all others are blocked with the text that comes from trying to catch a trainers pokemon. if this happens, you can catch other trainers pokemon
    6. if you get #5, then make it hold an item. from then on, all the missingno. and glitched M' pokemon will hold whatever item #5 is holding. if it is not holding an item, it picks up a random item when you talk to the old man(no potions though, meh. it also finds glitched items. these are rare candies that wont disapear when used, or TMs that teach a glitched move that turns the foes hp variable to zero automatically when it enters battle( only works on trainers) but this may mess up your game
    7. this one doesnt always happen: if you find a level zero missingno., battle with it (wild or trainer, doesnt matter) its attack value goes up each turn, and it will gain 24Poke(cash) experience points, and you will get (total exp that should have been earned)exp poke. missingno. will grow to level <poke character>, and gain the move <blank space>(the same thing as hyper beam, except when used out of battle, it acts like fly. i dont know why.)and your cash will be 9999999, but will decrease only by one each time you buy something. if you catch a ratatata(spelling? havent played against a ratatata(?) in a long time) it will become level 46, and will need <pokecharacter> exp points to gain a level. buy 100 revives to level it up to level 52( it goes from 46 to 52 to glitched number) then buy 10 potions to get to gltched level. trust me, ive tried every option on this game, i know
    8. if you have less than six pokemon in your party, and you catch missingno. it will stay in your party and you can battle with it. its sumary varies. the strangest i have found shows a charmander with glitched minimum hp, NaN^NaN for the max, and the poke character for all the stats. its ability was a glitch, with the description saying " <poke> charmander, xysd#% are g speed powfense synchrofire gra<glitched characters.............................> alsleine mew find SS Anne deck event <binary coding> <hex>12a166FF</hex> shiny,.,/ int fj;a,,,,,,, chartlesaur" apparently, it had leftover data packed into it. and the charmander pic had a squirtle shell and one of bulbasaurs feet. (I still have this one)
    9. some pokemon caught in the glitch zone will later on turn into missingno. upon the change of certain variables
    10. you can catch missingno. that have your name
    11. a missingno. with a blank level can sometimes be traded to the metal generation games(gsc)
    12. some missingno. can be transfered between your box and party when you do certain things
    13. warning: slightly off topic fact ahead! if you know someone who can reprogram games( I do, hes a good friend, but his prices arent cheap) they can edit the missingno. variables, or make hacks for it that can be turned on and off. the most entertaining is actually sitting in the game programming, but it was never put into action. it is a lonely strip of code on mew and missingno. when my friend found it, he brought it up front to the active coding. the strip says that when you catch missingno. and have battled/caught mewtwo, mew can be found in any legendary pokemon's place(articuno, moltres, zapdos, mewtwo, and there may be more, i dont know what else he brought into active code.) the bigwigs at nintendo put this at the back so they could make mew an event pokemon. some japanese versions have an inactive strip on celebi. my hacking friend has american and japanese versions of every pokemon game. end off topic zone one. next zone starts here he also put a missingno. on my pokemon diamond game, same glitchy qualities. to replace the things you have to do, you had to talk to dawns father, then fly to twinleaf town and surf on the ponds edge there(the one thats facing away from the wall). the number of pokeballs you have equals the pokedex number(national) and the number of great balls equals the level. if you dont have any great balls, you get a level NaN^NaN pokemon, with the pokerus virus. the infinity virus will not spread from this one. if you dont have any pokeballs, you will catch missingno. if you have more than 493 then you will catch a level 1 suicune that knows transform and fly. it evolves into a missingno. named lucario at level 16, and it evolves into a inferrion(infernape-torterra-empoleon combination. the graffic shows all three side by side. you pick the attacks for each) that has infinity virus, pokerus, and a daycare anomalty at level 36. the viruses wil spread to the starters in your box if you have any. this only works with hacks, remember, only hacks the daycare anomalty: if left at the daycare, it will show you having a ditto and a dialga at the daycare on your poketech. it will always make eggs, no matter if you have one or two pokemon there. the eggs will hatch into either a chimtwiplup(chimchar-turtwig-piplup, which evolves into monfernplup( you should be able to guess by now), then inferrion, or it will hatch into one of the legendaries(event pokemon too)(these would be dialga, palkia, heatran, rotom, shaimin, arceus, darkrai, celebi, mew, mewtwo, groudon, kyalga, raquaza, deoxys, manaphy, pheon, gyrantina, articuno, moltres, zapdos, suicune, entei, raikou, ho-oh, lugia, jirachii, latias, latios, mesprit, azael, uzki(?)... tell me if i missed any...) or a combination of the legendaries, acording to games they appeared in, or what group they were in together in the games. see legendary grouping at the bottom
    14. catching missingno.s repeatedly and getting certain levels and types of missingno. will unlock an unanounced unrevealed island, where you act as god to the data. this is the pokemon rby debug mode. welcome to heaven of pokemon. when on this island, you can change things using easy menus. this is only the basic debug mode, the ultimate is only unlockable through data downloaded via link cable. the data is only found at Nintendo HQ of japan, lost in the safe. just like NP's time machine fix kit (inside joke for NP subscribers). this data was given to some of the beta testers. the basic debug mode can not change things that would destroy the game, and you cannot see the actual code. you can change what pokemon you have, what pokedex entries you have, what items you have, what levels your pokemon are, your name, your pokemons colors, what moves your pokemon knows, and more. yes, you can teach hms to any pokemon, along with any other moves
    15. if you know something awesome about missingno., let me know!

Legendary Grouping
    have anything to add? post it below, or to get it done faster, pm me!

Spew your lies elsewhere please. <_<

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Yeah, I do have something to say.

you can catch them at the highest level being known as NaN^NaN(not a number to the not a number power, or infinite times itself infinite times)(if you want to know how, i dont know how it happened either. the glitch pokemon had a glitch, the infinity glitch is the oldest form of pokerus, the current one being an exp booster. this old one spreads only to certain pokemon, but they dont get the infinity level, their exp gain or exp needed variable is messed up, so they get extremely powerful, extremely fast, and the level 100 limit is turned off, so you can go until 999. it remains even during battle, no matter what you do to raise the level) note: the infinity glitch is rare, can be found when you glitch a mew or glitch a missingno. it doesn't ever happen with the glitched M'. trust me, it cant even catch it.

That's impossible, since the game can only count until 256 due to its programming. You can't find a 999th level.

you can find missingno. without a level( "L "). sometimes this triggers #3, and rarely, spreads the infinity glitch to legendaries and starters- just these, strangely enough.

A pokémon can't be without level, once again, due to the game's own programming.

when you catch a missingno. or glitched M' it may cause random nameless pokemon to appear in your boxes, sometimes creating a new box (box <glitched characters>) that cannot be renamed without freezing or glitching your screen. this makes it possible to get a mew through the missingno. glitch.

There is no proof after years of experiments with it. In fact, this is the first notice I have. Screenshots, please.

when #3 happens, the pokemon are sometimes miscolored, or will have a different OT or ID from yours. if it doesnt have an ID(it happened to me) you will always win the lotto drawing, or if the ID is glitched characters. this happens if the #3 pokemons ID variable was changed to the Lotto ticket program variables.

Lotto? Are you talking about the missingno-less (unless gamesharked) G/S/C/R/S/E?

you might find a trainer that knows attacks, but its left shoe is always gone(i have no idea). you can only catch it with great balls. all others are blocked with the text that comes from trying to catch a trainers pokemon. if this happens, you can catch other trainers pokemon

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

if you get #5, then make it hold an item. from then on, all the missingno. and glitched M' pokemon will hold whatever item #5 is holding. if it is not holding an item, it picks up a random item when you talk to the old man(no potions though, meh. it also finds glitched items. these are rare candies that wont disapear when used, or TMs that teach a glitched move that turns the foes hp variable to zero automatically when it enters battle( only works on trainers) but this may mess up your game

Again: Holding an item? Then it's not first gen, then it's not missingno.

this one doesnt always happen: if you find a level zero missingno., battle with it (wild or trainer, doesnt matter) its attack value goes up each turn, and it will gain 24Poke(cash) experience points, and you will get (total exp that should have been earned)exp poke. missingno. will grow to level <poke character>, and gain the move <blank space>(the same thing as hyper beam, except when used out of battle, it acts like fly. i dont know why.)and your cash will be 9999999, but will decrease only by one each time you buy something. if you catch a ratatata(spelling? havent played against a ratatata(?) in a long time) it will become level 46, and will need <pokecharacter> exp points to gain a level. buy 100 revives to level it up to level 52( it goes from 46 to 52 to glitched number) then buy 10 potions to get to gltched level. trust me, ive tried every option on this game, i know

Wow, 9.999.999 bucks. I thought you only could have 999.999. Well, after seeing "ratatata" (XD), I can understand you simply put an extra 9. But the rest of the story sounds really funny. 100 revives to get "glitched number"? Programming says otherwise.

if you have less than six pokemon in your party, and you catch missingno. it will stay in your party and you can battle with it. its sumary varies. the strangest i have found shows a charmander with glitched minimum hp, NaN^NaN for the max, and the poke character for all the stats. its ability was a glitch, with the description saying " <poke> charmander, xysd#% are g speed powfense synchrofire gra<glitched characters.............................> alsleine mew find SS Anne deck event <binary coding> <hex>12a166FF</hex> shiny,.,/ int fj;a,,,,,,, chartlesaur" apparently, it had leftover data packed into it. and the charmander pic had a squirtle shell and one of bulbasaurs feet. (I still have this one)

The stats data sounds like the one a big uberglitch would have, not the one the good old Missingno would. But the charmander with bulbasaur's feet? That blows up all the story, since it's impossible to mix correct sprites. the biggest glitch in a sprite you will get is it backwarded or simply a lot of glitchy lines, not a mixture of sprites.

some pokemon caught in the glitch zone will later on turn into missingno. upon the change of certain variables

Glitch zone? O_O

you can catch missingno. that have your name

If you nickname it, of course. If not, it will be kept as Missingno.

a missingno. with a blank level can sometimes be traded to the metal generation games(gsc)

Impossible since the metal gens detect all glitches and nullify them. Always.

some missingno. can be transfered between your box and party when you do certain things

True, things like withdrawing it from the box. Duuuuuuuh ¬_¬

warning: slightly off topic fact ahead! if you know someone who can reprogram games( I do, hes a good friend, but his prices arent cheap) they can edit the missingno. variables, or make hacks for it that can be turned on and off. the most entertaining is actually sitting in the game programming, but it was never put into action. it is a lonely strip of code on mew and missingno. when my friend found it, he brought it up front to the active coding. the strip says that when you catch missingno. and have battled/caught mewtwo, mew can be found in any legendary pokemon's place(articuno, moltres, zapdos, mewtwo, and there may be more, i dont know what else he brought into active code.) the bigwigs at nintendo put this at the back so they could make mew an event pokemon. some japanese versions have an inactive strip on celebi. my hacking friend has american and japanese versions of every pokemon game.

Yeah, it's called scripting. The variable you talk about doesn't exist, since missingno is not an intended pokemon, but, well, I can ask Coolboyman if you want.

end off topic zone one. next zone starts here he also put a missingno. on my pokemon diamond game, same glitchy qualities.

YAY YOUR FRIEND CAN HACK D/P! Please, ask him to make a tutorial. The people in the Hacks showcase will be eternally thankful.

to replace the things you have to do, you had to talk to dawns father, then fly to twinleaf town and surf on the ponds edge there(the one thats facing away from the wall). the number of pokeballs you have equals the pokedex number(national) and the number of great balls equals the level. if you dont have any great balls, you get a level NaN^NaN pokemon, with the pokerus virus. the infinity virus will not spread from this one. if you dont have any pokeballs, you will catch missingno. if you have more than 493 then you will catch a level 1 suicune that knows transform and fly. it evolves into a missingno. named lucario at level 16, and it evolves into a inferrion(infernape-torterra-empoleon combination. the graffic shows all three side by side. you pick the attacks for each) that has infinity virus, pokerus, and a daycare anomalty at level 36. the viruses wil spread to the starters in your box if you have any. this only works with hacks, remember, only hacks

I only have one thing to say about the first bolded line: WTF?
    The "Inferrion" you talk about must be a friend of the Charmander with Squirtle's shell.
    About the second one, I can't barely reply. "Only in hacks". Then why all this paragraph?

the daycare anomalty: if left at the daycare, it will show you having a ditto and a dialga at the daycare on your poketech. it will always make eggs, no matter if you have one or two pokemon there. the eggs will hatch into either a chimtwiplup(chimchar-turtwig-piplup, which evolves into monfernplup( you should be able to guess by now), then inferrion, or it will hatch into one of the legendaries(event pokemon too)(these would be dialga, palkia, heatran, rotom, shaimin, arceus, darkrai, celebi, mew, mewtwo, groudon, kyalga, raquaza, deoxys, manaphy, pheon, gyrantina, articuno, moltres, zapdos, suicune, entei, raikou, ho-oh, lugia, jirachii, latias, latios, mesprit, azael, uzki(?)... tell me if i missed any...) or a combination of the legendaries, acording to games they appeared in, or what group they were in together in the games. see legendary grouping at the bottom

YAY CHIMTWIPLUP! And why not Charquirsaur? I really preferred it. Yeah, I like the old times.

catching missingno.s repeatedly and getting certain levels and types of missingno. will unlock an unanounced unrevealed island, where you act as god to the data. this is the pokemon rby debug mode. welcome to heaven of pokemon. when on this island, you can change things using easy menus. this is only the basic debug mode, the ultimate is only unlockable through data downloaded via link cable. the data is only found at Nintendo HQ of japan, lost in the safe. just like NP's time machine fix kit (inside joke for NP subscribers). this data was given to some of the beta testers. the basic debug mode can not change things that would destroy the game, and you cannot see the actual code. you can change what pokemon you have, what pokedex entries you have, what items you have, what levels your pokemon are, your name, your pokemons colors, what moves your pokemon knows, and more. yes, you can teach hms to any pokemon, along with any other moves

Oooh! A secret unrevealed island which doesn't even appear in the map data of the game where you can change your pokedex number hex using a simple data! Why nobody ever talked about it in the 12 years since Green and red were released in Japan?

if you know something awesome about missingno., let me know![/LIST]

More awesome than this? Impossible.

Legendary Grouping

I love the "The floaters" and the "Elemental embodyments". I always called them the "Legendary dogs". By the way, you mention Celebi twice.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Lol, all of that wrong info....

Anyway, is the glitch charizard true on r/b/y? I read it on Wikipedia (I know, Im a bad person.)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Missingno isn't on Diamond, when will people realize that Missingno is only the space inbetween Pokemon in the original games?

The only thing on Diamond is the Question Mark

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
    Wow. s-buster is a miserable, appalling failure. And a bad liar. You could have at least made it believable. There were always some lies about missingno. that people could pretend were true, and a few of them lasted a long time before people disproved them. But all that crap? Seriously? No wonder your parents don't love you.

Fearless

Franchise
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2008
    Wow. s-buster is a miserable, appalling failure. And a bad liar. You could have at least made it believable. There were always some lies about missingno. that people could pretend were true, and a few of them lasted a long time before people disproved them. But all that crap? Seriously? No wonder your parents don't love you.

quite harsh there umbros.

s-buster

Years
    YOUR ALL WRONG!!!

one: strange. mine can hold items
    two: yes i can really do this
    three: the diamond Missingno. is a programming hack
    four: I have thouroughly tested all of this
    five: most glitches are extremely rare happenings
    six: yes i can trade missingno., but only after i found debug
    seven: the messed up sprite of the charmander/squirtle/bulbasaur gurgle has actually happened, but only once
    seven: the glitch zone is the area to catch missingno.
    eight: sadly to say, you'd have to wait for me to convince my hacking friend to make a website, and then pay a steap price to have him hack your game. and it takes expensive equipment and a lot of game knowhow to hack it yourself
    nine: celebii fits in two categories.

if i missed any complaints or comments let me know.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    one: strange. mine can hold items.

Then you must have the only single copy of B/R/Y where the pokes can hold item.

two: yes i can really do this

What exactly? The "100 revives" thing? Can you show any proof? (I.E.: screenshots, a video)

three: the diamond Missingno. is a programming hack

A diamond hack? The you can make it do virtually anything, it's not worth explaining it here.

four: I have thouroughly tested all of this

Cough. I can't reply to this, it's your word against mine (and common sense, but hey, who knows? Maybe you are right, though I doubt it.)

five: most glitches are extremely rare happenings

I say the same. Have you tried redoing it?

six: yes i can trade missingno., but only after i found debug

What? Oh, you are messing up with the programming core. then it's not a glitch, it's a hack. And it's not the same.

seven: the messed up sprite of the charmander/squirtle/bulbasaur gurgle has actually happened, but only once

So I guess you don't have any proof other than your words, then, am I wrong?

seven: the glitch zone is the area to catch missingno.

I thought it was Cinnabar Island?

eight: sadly to say, you'd have to wait for me to convince my hacking friend to make a website, and then pay a steap price to have him hack your game. and it takes expensive equipment and a lot of game knowhow to hack it yourself

No, thanks, there already are people in the rom-hacking section investigating it. And is Hex Workshop "expensive equipment"? Because just with that program, you can hack any game.

if i missed any complaints or comments let me know.

Yes, you missed a lot. I suggest you to re-read my post again. But, oh well.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2008
    MissingNo was an original glitch in the Pokemon red blue and yellow generation it as you know gave infinate of thev item in the sixth slot when caught I think...this glitch was fixed when making Red and Green and dosn't exsist

s-buster

Years
    MissingNo was an original glitch in the Pokemon red blue and yellow generation it as you know gave infinate of thev item in the sixth slot when caught I think...this glitch was fixed when making Red and Green and dosn't exsist
    yes, they fixed this by the old man getting a headache and not showing you how to catch a pokemon. instead, he asks you if the teachy TV is helping, or gives it to you. there have been rumors of another glitch pokemon, some different than others. oh, and some of the japanese versions have glitches where you can walk/run/surf/bike and sometimes rocksmash through walls. diamond and pearl japanese versions allow you to surf through the first elite four room door into the mystery zone. while here, you can get virtually anywhere in the game, although it is risky to play around with it.

back to fire red and leaf green. one rumor is that the method to catch missingno. has changed. no proof found yet. another is that it has a question mark for its glitch like d/p, and that there is a method to find and catch it. again, no proof, but they may have been confused with the ? unknown. there is one that says that there is a glitch that has you battle all the legendaries consecutively. no proof, they probably hacked it or are lying. one final one, and the most interesting that i know of, is that missingno. has been made into an actual pokemon and is still #0, and that they made it into a legendary, the only one that evolves. complete fake, most likely, but still entertaining.

maybe if we are lucky, nintendo will remake GSC and leave a heaping pile of glitches for the taking. unfortunately, no one we know can see the future, and NP's time machine is broken until their quarters for corrections jar is filled(inside joke for NP readers), not to say any names *COUGH* chris*COUGH* *COUGH*

want to add a rumor? post below!

Last edited:

Kylo

Squirrel Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2014
    ...well i tried the missingno. trick out for myself and actually caught him, but i didn't know that it messes up your HOF even if you dont save it! I restarted the game dunno if that helps

How very odd, how very odd indeed...once i saw a psyduck which looked like it had no eyes :laugh:

The reason why this stuff happens is because the sprites in most videogames are not single images but actually a bunch of parts that are overlayed/pieced together. Because of this, it isn't impossible to run into a Pokemon that's half-and-half with another while only having one name.

As for why MissingNo looks like a barcode is because he's not a sprite; he's a chunk of pixelated binary. Old 8-bit games can only support 4 colors per sprite, one of them often being used for transparency. That's why sprites are done in pieces. Megaman's face, for instance, is placed on a separate sprite that just floats in front of his body.

Back to MissingNo's body, it's made of bits of code that are turned into pixels. If you use a tile/sprite editor, you can actually see the binary pixels that make up the game's code. It looks a lot like eReader's dot code, I know. The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is what part of the code is MissingNo made of? His graphic never changes, so I don't think it's anything controlled by variables, but rather a static element. It could be his name for all we know.

I'm still looking for a translator that can make something of him, and I'll keep you guys posted if I find anything.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2008
    I was playing Yellow and used the catch other trainer's pokemon cheat except i turned it on early and caught the trainer. My pokedex pops up and says I caught a Rhydon. Then the trainer sends out "trainerpkm" or whatever its called, i cant remember. Then my game gets really slow with each turn untill it freezes. It didn't erase my game though.

Kylo

Squirrel Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2014
    That's pretty cool. What attacks did it have?

And has anyone else noticed how most of the glitches seem to be connected to Rhydon as well? What's up with that?

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2008
    OOOOO what if missingo is an item that got weirdi just made that 1 up but ya never know

missingno is number 000 in the pokedex you can only get it if you a certain things in the game
    missingno becomes before bulbasaur in the pokedex too
    in pokemon emerald I was using the 5000 exp cheat and sometimes it goes to a pokemon who wasn't in battle and i got a missingo and it was learning bulbasaur moves and i tried to make it forget a move and my vba froze

I have never heard such a scientific and/or reasonable outlook on Missing No. But is there any way to make this work for Yellow?

Here's the thing. I started a new game a while ago. I have yet to beat Sabrina, Giovanni's Gym and the League, but that's it.

Other than Glitch City, is there some other cool Glitch for Yellow that doesn't require me going back a few steps and/or starting a new game?
    yes there is a gameshark code to get missingo in yellow i would tell u but........:disappoin i lost it

Missingno is a glitch pokemon in R/B. It is encountered after talking to the old man who teaches you how to catch pokemon, have him teach you, then immediately fly to Cinnabar and surf on the East coast. The popular theory is that when you are taught by the old man, you're name is replaced by the old man's. It's assumed that this name variable is stored in the same data area of Cinnibar island East coast, so your name's hexidecimal determines what kind of pokemon you can capture on there, and what Missingno will look like. Sometimes it'll look like some random pixels, random sprites, or a ghost Aerodactyl/Kabutops. Some people harshly critizize this glitch because it can freeze the game, crash the game, or mess up the hall of fame. Missingno appears as 000 in the pokedex.

i have seen someone`s name change to old man because they forced him to fight a trainer its all over youtube

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back