• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Ok........I did it last night and after the trade to crystal it turned into a mew!?!?!?!?

I have put it in my pc and noting has happened!
    Does it take a long time for side effects to kick in?
    the only one i have had so far is that I found wild mew`s at level 10 in dragons den!
    that one effect I am not complaining about!:badsmile:
    after catching a few I saved and restarted the game and I can`t catch them any more:(

Why did my missingno turn into mew and atomic reactors turn into slowpoke?

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    [COLOR=#00a0a]Tell that to https://trsrocking.com,Really All I ever heard is that unless the Mew trick gave it to you,You couldn't trade it to GSC...[/COLOR]

Sorry I cant get that link you posted to work.
    I have no idea why I could trade it to crystal and I am thinking about trading other forms of missigno (I have a game genie so I can get them all) from red onto crystal.
    Maby different missingnos result in other pokemon in trades? I hope to find out!

bruom

Wee! Holidays! I'll get a Wii!
    Years
  • everyone here know that ghost of lavander pokemon tower, right? everyone know that you cant catch it, right? my cousin once showed one as his pokemon! he told me that it was a missigno that turned into that ghost... well, it may be true, as its name and data are full of strange signs, and its on lvl 171...

Off topic: anyone here know the reason for the mew glitch? it would be nice to have a thread like this on that glitch...

EDIT: i was trying to find a missigno, the name BLUE, but could only find pidgey, pidgeotto, rattata, raticate and tangela... ive changed the name many times, but i always find these pokemon

Last edited:

Evoslingerr

III Generation Enthusiast
    Years
  • Also, in the same path you encounter Missingo, you find pokes you've seen a few moments before but in Lv. 200 or so... You can't use them in the wild for they'll level up, but in Cable battles the level is respected and you attack with your own super Cloyster lv 256, yeah!!!

Duke R

Member #1950
    Years
  • I'd like to make a question about Missingno.

Missingno.'s Base Stats are
    HP 33
    ATK 137
    DEF 1
    SPD 29
    SPCL 6

when I tried to trade it to crystal it bacame another pokémon (what is normal) but its SPCL. ATK and SPCL. DEF stats were lots higher than a 6. Does anybody know what are Missingno.'s SP. ATK and SP. DEF?

Evoslingerr

III Generation Enthusiast
    Years
  • Missingo can only be found in RED, where the S.At and the S.Def appear only as Special, so the only way to know for sure would be to trade in to any second generation game....just the way you did...Perhaps as the second generation games weren't designed to recieve a pkmn such as missingno it doesn't have SP.ATK and SP. DEF. Hey this made me think, this kinf of errors are intentionally? I mean is it posible that a programming error may result in the creation of a totally new poke???

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Hi I tried trading different missingno`s to crystal to see what happened and these are my results....

Aerodactayl fossil: Turned into slowpoke, no side effects
    Ghost of pokemon tower: Turned into mew, until game is turned off of all you can catch is mew.
    Kaputops fossil: Turned into a slowpoke, no side effects
    Trainerpkmon: Game crashed after leaving trade center, turned back on and all was as it was before trade.
    "M": Game crashed, M dissapered, game time played was reduced to zero and hall of fame record is corrupted.

All I have done so far.

Last edited:

Duke R

Member #1950
    Years
  • Yes, things like that happen, but some glitches just can't be traded. All you can do is check their stats in the crystal screen, where there are SP. ATK and SP. DEF.

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Yes, things like that happen, but some glitches just can't be traded. All you can do is check their stats in the crystal screen, where there are SP. ATK and SP. DEF.

I guess but the ghost misingno as a mew is just evil in battle! Mew gets to attack everyone with moves like sleep powder! one it would not be usualy able to get as there is no tm for it!

gameshark

CHEAT POWER!!!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2008
    The coffee man in viridian city is sometimes thought of as a glitch legend. in pokemon yellow he does almost the same as in red but no missingno. but ive noticed that in yellow its almost exactly the same... what difference was made to stop missingno coming?

Houndoom666

I like mah teem rite nowz. ^.^
    Years
  • lol I wonder if they would ever re-create a missingno...That would be uber gay, but think of the possibilities. All the new sprites in one...hmmm weiiirrrrrrrd. ^ ^

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    hey guys I found out how to get missingno on pearl!

simply go to iron island but use a cheat device so you can walk through walls
    then go back to canaclave with riely or whatever his name is. go to any body of water and surf and you get attacked by a persian and a missingno!

strange eh? my mate showed me it. problem is that you cant ever ditch riely
    and sometimes when missingno is caught the came just crashes >.<

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    I remember that in Yellow, I have a lv. 1 Rhydon with numerous amount of EXP and some glitch things as it's to next level. It's moves have been replaced with Cooltrainer(F) and it's HP is 999/999, even if it's hit with Horn Drill. By what I remember, I have caught 63 Missingno.'s in Yellow and my game never crashed, but my Pokedex is scrambled now and I don't have my Kangaskhan, Tauros, and Chansey anymore (time to catch some more)...

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    I used to run into missingnos. all the time in my sapphire game i got off of ebay. and i didnt even have a cheating device...

Wow! lucky you! but I think that game must have been fake cuzs Missingno damages games and I don`t think they would make that on a cartrige.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I am just running a little experiement, I have researched into the missingno. glitch and with my characters name being Sean<Male symbol><PK><MN> I am expecting to battle some glitch trainers doing the missingno trick, I have previously included the male symbol in my name and I came up against a gary with glitch pokemon (easy to beat).Also a Blaine with a Chairzard 'M or something off the sort and you couldnt continue the battle

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    I am just running a little experiement, I have researched into the missingno. glitch and with my characters name being Sean<Male symbol><PK><MN> I am expecting to battle some glitch trainers doing the missingno trick, I have previously included the male symbol in my name and I came up against a gary with glitch pokemon (easy to beat).Also a Blaine with a Chairzard 'M or something off the sort and you couldnt continue the battle

I tried to battle a glitch trainer once and I caught it and sent it to pokemon crystal....it was crap in battle >.<

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Used game genie to make them appear on route 4, caught it in master ball. I have tried capturing different sorts of missingno and sent them to crystal, Some of my results are on this thread so belive me you can catch them, I know cuz on pkmon red I have a gary in my pc box :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back