• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty, May, or Dawn?

Misty, May, or Dawn?

• Total voters
Years
  • Misty with absolutely no hesitation. I was always bored by May and Dawn and the anime was never the same (in a bad way) once Misty left. I don't expect her to return full-time, though.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Dawn annoys the piss out of me,
    and I'm indifferent to May.

But I will always love Misty, even if she had the most pathetic team of the three female protagonists. When Corsola's the best you've got, yeah, you fail at battling.

But I love her attitude and personality; it towers high above the other girls.

Game Creator

Work in progress
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2009
    I never got behind anybody but Misty. She was the original and they don't show her enough so that when they do, people actually care. She's not worn out like Ash.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    But I will always love Misty, even if she had the most pathetic team of the three female protagonists. When Corsola's the best you've got, yeah, you fail at battling.

Actually, Corsola's NOT the best she's got. Staryu's arguably better, and as a matter of fact, was even able to fight toe-to-toe with Molly's mantine (meaning it was even giving Molly's invulnerable pokemon a run for it's money.). Also, her Poliwhirl and Psyduck were also pretty tough opponents (In fact, Psyduck even beat Ash's Pokemon at one point.).

In fact, considering the fact that her pokemon have far more experience with true battles than May and Dawn's Pokemon, arguably, she has a better team compared to them.

Years
  • Favourite is Misty, i really wasnt happy when she left
    At first i didnt like May because she was taking over from Misty but i started to like her throughout Hoenn
    But i dont like Dawn as much as the other two she just annoys me sometimes.

Years
  • Actually, Corsola's NOT the best she's got. Staryu's arguably better, and as a matter of fact, was even able to fight toe-to-toe with Molly's mantine (meaning it was even giving Molly's invulnerable pokemon a run for it's money.). Also, her Poliwhirl and Psyduck were also pretty tough opponents (In fact, Psyduck even beat Ash's Pokemon at one point.).

In fact, considering the fact that her pokemon have far more experience with true battles than May and Dawn's Pokemon, arguably, she has a better team compared to them.

Agreed. Shoot, Psyduck's only lost like 2 battles ever.

cerulean15

♫Mysterious Melody♪
    Years
  • I've always liked Misty, I grew up watching the original and Kanto and Johto were my favorite season after all. For some reason to me May and Dawn just don't seem to act their average age...even they are supposedly 10...Heck how old is Misty anyway? Maybe she doesn't act her's either :3

Years
  • Misty. She was funny. (Pokeshipping! Wee!) She loved Ash and worried about him. Sure they argued, but she cared about his opinion. Even Team Rocket called them "lovebirds." Out of all the female protagonists, she looked most like me. XD Her hair was lovely in the mermaid episode.) She also had awesome water Pokemon. (She should have gotten Tododile instead of Ash. Ash just got rid of it. :( Misty would have gotten it to a Feraligatr by now and Ash could have seen it when the trio returns to Johto.)

The whole May not liking Pokemon thing, made me not like her. But her Glaceon is cool. She's in 4th place. (I put Jessie in 3rd.)

I like Dawn, too, but not as much as Misty. But Dawn is close second. Dawn was actually the first girl to try battling a gym leader. I thought that was interesting. Plus, she's stylish, and wears her hair in different hair styles.

Misty, Dawn then May.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • May would have to be my choice on favorite female in the anime. Compared to Dawn and Misty, I actually saw the character build up from the start to when she aired on Pokémon Battle Dimensions for the Wallace Cup. At first she hated Pokémon, but only wanted to travel. After growing with the show, she eventually learned the concept of it all and found her passion in Pokémon Contests. To me, contests are a fun position in both the games and anime.

This is where I prefer May over Misty and Dawn. The reason being not only because of character growth, but because she introduced something I enjoy the most. So, May hands down would be classified as my favorite female character. However, I see nothing wrong with Dawn nor Misty either.

Back