• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MISTY OR MAY?(revived)

Whom do you prefer more,Misty or May?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    [rant]Now really. Debating is fun and all, but it is necessary to point out faults in the opposing side's logic/character/personality/whatever. I find it more than a little ironic, though that many May fans say that Misty is "too angry/tomboyish/intimidating" but when someone points out a flaw in May say that we're "bashing her." I was told something along those lines by Jeikobu way back when.[/rant]

pokeknight

Hyper Member
    Years
    Leave the thread.

frednmethod said:
    chairman kaga, by saying that you don't see a future develoment in may's character, i'm guessing you haven't seen the japanese episodes, yet. may HAS changed. A LOT.

first, she was whiny and all that, but now in japan (they're about to get in to lilycove), she's much better.
    here are a few examples of character development

(spoilers)

- she sacrifises herself to save her skitty (she gets kidnapped by a skarmory and gets thrown in a middle of a forest as a result)

- instead of capturing a swablu that she really got friendly with, she let it fly away with the rest of its flock (which was definitely the harder, but wiser choice)

- she no longer whines

- she also gets much better at trainig her pokemon. her skitty learns blizzard, beats a super-tough dusclops, and her torchic evolves into combusken, whom even corphish is scared of.
    This is a vs. poll between Misty and May.Not between Members of PC.You can't hurt anybody like that for his/her view.So, let's have better posts or as the rule says, leave the thread.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    He wasn't Bashing Chairman Kaga, he was simply commenting on how May develops as teh story goes on.:\ There is nothing wrong with that. His post was actually the tamest and nicest one I've seen.

The Adamant Dodger said:
    [rant]Now really. Debating is fun and all, but it is necessary to point out faults in the opposing side's logic/character/personality/whatever. I find it more than a little ironic, though that many May fans say that Misty is "too angry/tomboyish/intimidating" but when someone points out a flaw in May say that we're "bashing her." I was told something along those lines by Jeikobu way back when.[/rant]

And it's a little more technical than that. If they say they don't like her for her fieryness or tomboy ness, that's okay, it's there preference. But what CK was saying would be considered an insult where it about a real person. calling her a marketing tool , bland, and all sorts of other things he called her cannote be deamed as just a preference.

And if you want to debate without it breaking into a fight, then you will not as you say, "point out faults in the opposing side's logic/character/personality/whatever". That is just asking for trouble.

pokeknight

Hyper Member
    Years
    well1 but let's not mention other's name.

Pogiforce-14 said:
    He wasn't Bashing Chairman Kaga, he was simply commenting on how May develops as teh story goes on.:\ There is nothing wrong with that. His post was actually the tamest and nicest one I've seen.

And it's a little more technical than that. If they say they don't like her for her fieryness or tomboy ness, that's okay, it's there preference. But what CK was saying would be considered an insult where it about a real person. calling her a marketing tool , bland, and all sorts of other things he called her cannote be deamed as just a preference.

And if you want to debate without it breaking into a fight, then you will not as you say, "point out faults in the opposing side's logic/character/personality/whatever". That is just asking for trouble.
    I am sorry if my post was hurting to somebody but i was just trying to maintain rules hereby,anyway let's not include anybody PC's member name in our post from now in this thread so that someone doesn't get hurt.And let's have posts about characters of may and misty o0nly.

Myxomatosis

can't think of anything
    Years
    I think Misty's better, but i haven't seen meny Advanced episodes yet so I don't know much about May.

pokeknight

Hyper Member
    Years
    well! Let's have a Opinion battle now.

Guys, if you think you are great then just don't leave the thread by things that someonme told you villain or you are going to lose.Let's give points on the favour of your like.well, Misty is just greater because she can change her behaviour according to time and she helps the other co. in danger[remember the ep. The stun spore detour.],she's not childish,she cares about her and other's pokemon very much and she's kind of wiser than may does or is.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Lightning said:
    Well... I only skimmed the last two pages of the other thread, but I think that's where the serious posts were... and it was all one person's mistake. As long as he keeps out of it, this thread should be fine. At the first sign of a spark, though, it will be closed immediately.

*moves to Pokemon Anime*
    Sorry I just going to vote for Misty and go away now.

Mandy-Chan

*~Candy Mandy~*
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 24, 2007
    Misty

My original thoughts on May:
    Well I used to really hate may because well for one I saw her as a filler for Misty,my favorite char.,and May didn't even like pokemon originally.
    Now:I don't mind her as much because she likes pokemon.
    Though I still like Misty more and began ploting there demise when I saw Misty leaving,well mabey not to that extent but I was pretty mad.

All in all May is actually begining to grow on me...though I still like Misty more than her.

Spiro

Dark Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    well i like both but i prefer may cause she looks better

Mandy-Chan

*~Candy Mandy~*
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 24, 2007
    Though Misty can look nice,like at the end of "Ghost of Maiden's Peak" and in "Princess vs. Princess".;)
    :pokeball: :psy copy: :pokeball:​

Yami86

Speedy Speed Boy!!!
    Years
    Although I've seen only a handful Advance episodes, I chose May over Misty. To me, May is cheerful and sweet. I prefer these traits over Misty's pride and attitude. Don't get me wrong though, Misty is still a great character and I am in no way putting her down, but for some reason I think Ash (who's my favourite character) connects more with May. As I watch more episodes, I'll see if my assumptions are correct.

James3

That better not be poo!
    Years
    I like misty cause she is really funny and has an habbit of getting hyped up over nothing

Casey

~*Cheeky Girl*~
    Years
    May loses :(

Anyway, I really like May XD She is a great girl. Shy, nice, sweet, smart, friendly, pretty, mature, loves pokemon, wins Contests... May all the way!

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 24, 2005
    My favorite is by far May because she is cooler to me and she has better Pokemon. I still like Misty though. :)

Broleta

[..1..]
    Years
    i chose may because they over-used misty and it was great to see a new kind of girl in the anime... plus may has a better goal and i love watching her skills progress throughout advanced

Flame the Blaziken

Aquakirbyyoshi
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 9, 2006
    Well, I vote for May.

'Cause, she is really kind/sweet/nice. She's also pretty. She has a torchic (I love torchic 'cause the last evolution is Blaziken. Plus I like fire Pokemon alot), and she gets all the cool Pokemon. =3 Unlike other people, she decides to go for contests besides battling. (though, I love battling more than contest, period.) I also think... she is very fun to pair up with guys. =P There's like more than 1 possibitlity to pair her up with someone. AND..

IMO...

She is very fun to draw. Okay, the hair may be hard but I like drawing her. ^_^''

...Okay, so this is my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Misty. I actually hated May before but now I like her alot. Misty is OK. I mean, she was fun while it lasted. ^^ Especially the pulling Brock's ear scenes.. and stuff. Yeah. She's cool also.

I like 'em both, but I just like May better. ^_^ (NOTE: I'm not saying she's better. I'm saying that I LIKE her better than Misty. k?)

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    i don't like either the shows supposed to be about ash and they always ruin the show.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back