• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty or May?

Misty or May?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
Well, to be honest, i ran out of reasons to support May. i used up all my material. and reused it too. I guess that means you win the debate. -_-;

Mullet

Banned
Years
Whats with all the May fanboys. Misty was a very important character she was there to support Ash after he won or lost, there was also a romantic interest which is also important to the story in many different ways. Where would Ash be if he never met Misty on that first day of being a trainer, somewhere different with totally different goals. Lets see May I going to be a pushover untill I get some sense knocked into me, and am a total airhead. Don't get me wrong I really do like May as a character and she is cute but as I said I think that she is not as good as Misty in many ways. Misty also showed sadness and even tears when she left Ash and that showed she really did love him. Plus I think that Misty is hot, and a much better character and had more of a role in the story. So what if May goes public with her emotions sometimes it takes a stronger person to hold them back. So I think May needs some time to grow, but will still never be up there with Misty in Ash's heart and as a character. Misty has left her mark as a character and in Ash's heart. May will never measure up to Misty in my book!!!

Shana

bigmouth strikes again.
Years
I voted for Misty because I watched the Pokemon series when Misty was in it, but haven't watched Advanced. I like Misty's personality. :)

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Indeed, a good debate is quite fun, as long as it stays civil...I haven't debated in so long (I always worry about it, I got exiled from a pokemon forum for going against some very radical politicos) that I just had to churn out a long pro-Misty post, don't worry, I don't intend to impose my opinions on anyone else about Misty and May or have anything be taken personally :P

NOBODY should be allowed to make a post like "i lik 1 ovr teh other cuz shes kool" and not back it up sufficiently after all these long posts XP

Last edited:

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
Mullet said:
So what if May goes public with her emotions sometimes it takes a stronger person to hold them back. So I think May needs some time to grow, but will still never be up there with Misty in Ash's heart and as a character.

Um, mullet, have you ever heard that holding back your emotions leads to mental trauma and abuse? i here of it all the time. And as I said, it's all up to personal preference and taste. Which is made apparent by you saying Misty's hot. :\ May is a developing character, while misty was fully developed personality wise. To compare the two when they are at different stages of emotional maturity (With misty being older and haveing gone through more than May) is not a fair comparison. so to bash May like that when she hasn't quite gotten used to her role yet is actually rather unfair in my opinion.

Mullet said:
Do you have reasons to back that statement up.
Oh, and mullet, you back up statements of FACt with proof, not statements of opinion. for all you know that person could prefer may jsut because of some unexplainable subconcious preference. to ask someone to back up their opinion is just rediculous. If that is all they have to say, then that's all. :p

BigBoss

Banned
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2007
Mullet said:
Do you have reasons to back that statement up.

Misty is way too yelly and had very few big parts in the show, I just don't like Misty that much compared to May, But that is Just my opinion so no need start a argument about it.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
this debate was getting quite fierce a while ago O.o kinda scary. XD

Like I said before, my main reason for liking May over Misty is the simple fact that hot-tempered tomboys scare me. I personally prefer my girls to be feminine...

Mullet

Banned
Years
Pogiforce-14 said:
Um, mullet, have you ever heard that holding back your emotions leads to mental trauma and abuse? i here of it all the time. And as I said, it's all up to personal preference and taste. Which is made apparent by you saying Misty's hot. :\ May is a developing character, while misty was fully developed personality wise. To compare the two when they are at different stages of emotional maturity (With misty being older and haveing gone through more than May) is not a fair comparison. so to bash May like that when she hasn't quite gotten used to her role yet is actually rather unfair in my opinion.

Oh, and mullet, you back up statements of FACt with proof, not statements of opinion. for all you know that person could prefer may jsut because of some unexplainable subconcious preference. to ask someone to back up their opinion is just rediculous. If that is all they have to say, then that's all. :p

Well then I can say what I want and and you use personal taste. You are such a fanboy!!!

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
just because I support something doesn't make me a fanboy, get serious. :paranoid: :\ just because I prefer May and I'm trying to keep you from saying something stupid or biased doesn't make me a fan boy. This topic is all about preference, not who's better. So think about things before you say them, because there are plenty of people up here and if you say too much out of line, they'll chew you up and spit you out. Don't go accusing people of things just because they speak aginst you, whether your joking or not. That may work when we're hanging out at Nick's house, but that doesn't work here. A lot of these people are very good at methodically picking people's arguements apart.

I believe I am done lecturing you now.

Mullet

Banned
Years
Don't even lie,you don't just support May you love May, don't get me wrong Ilike May I just don't love her like you. I just like Misty better because she is. According to you I don't have to back that up, even though I did already a few posts ago. I can argue with you all you want you will never win!!!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Wait, wait, let's chill...there's no need to get angry at Pogiforce for his opinion, it's just as valid as anyone elses' in this topic. He didn't mention anywhere that he liked May beyond liking her, so I don't know where that accusation came from...all he said earlier is that people may not back their opinion up because it's a preference that doesn't come from scrutinizing the characters...now let's all calm down here and keep this debate civil ^_^;;

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Now that's something you can't back up. Sure, everyone knows that I'm a huge Misty fan, but I will defend May fans when they need defending. Why would you say they're annoying? Well, my guess is that it's the first insult that came to your mind, but there's no reason to not like them just because they have a different opinion than you (in this debate at least, but that doesn't hold true for all debates)...if you're going to successfully argue your point, at least try to do it without insulting people who don't think like you, otherwise they'll instantly disregard you and in this case it makes other Misty fans look bad, which I don't want to see happen, because I've tried to argue my points in a calm manner. Why hold a grudge agaisnt them? It has no use. I certainly don't. Now don't take this the wrong way, but you should try to either debate in a civil manner or not debate at all.

~Rose

Artsy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 10, 2004
i like misty better...but i haven't seen much of the ones with may...i want to though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back