• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty was on TV today!

Years
    Togetic a leech???

It doesn't even look like one!!!

Um, sorry for the comment, but seriously, I thought that Togepi brought out what we actually know about Misty now. More on that later in my post...

First off, I woulda cried for Togetic's departure, but then I realized something. Nobody seemed to become emotional like Misty did! For cryin' out loud, at least Pikachu should have done more than say bye-bye. Comon, being like an older sibling (big brother, I personally think) over the "years" should have created a strong bond between them.

Even if Brock did mention to say 'hi' to Misty's sisters, I still don't think that her sisters are back from their trip. The show didn't show strong evidence that they're back, even with that line. This would make sense since Misty became an awesome trainer since the Silver Conferece.

From what the show says, controlling a Gyarados takes massive skills. (I can only remember two trainers who have Gyarados from the movies and show) Knowing that Misty is able to use her Gyarados (finally) makes me quite happy. Until I hear more information on Misty's return, I can only assume that Ash will have a hard time winning the re-match for the Cascade Badge he never settled with Misty. And I believe that her Gyarados isn't the only Pok?mon he has to worry about! (Anybody forgot that Misty still has her Starmie, a Pok?mon that can have millions of movesets? Wonder if she brought it with her on the trip...)

Okay, about Togepi, now Togetic. Personally, I really don't think that the Pok?mon didn't ruin what Misty was before. Sure, she took on the role as a mother, but other than that, I think it sorta enhances what she already was. Like mothers, her temper was off the charts! (Especially with Brock. Ouch.) I personally can't see why Togepi has made her worse.

Just a reminder, but the point of posting on threads are to express your opinions on the topic on hand without insulting, degrading, and all of that sort towards others. That kind of attitude is just wrong and could get you kicked out of other things, not just forums.

(kissing the Pok?ball reminds me of things to come... I hope it doesn't happen anytime soon, though.) :P

Just wondering, but does anyone knows how Kasumi and her older sister (forgot Japanese counterpart's name) got their Luvdiscs? Please PM me if anybody knows!

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The point of Misty's Sisters was a good one. I wonder if they will become Gym Leaders, or if someone else, like Tracie will take over. He seemed to be really good with Water Pokemon...

I personally didn't think the Togepi evolution scene was as big of a deal as Gyarados using a Fire Attack was. That alone might foreshadow something in the future, now that Pokemon don't have to stick to attacks of their own type. Seriously, if that's the direction that the series is going in, then it opens up bold new possibilities...

In a nutshell, I doubt that we've seen the last of Misty. And the way that the so-called 'leaving' Pokemon have been lately, we might just see Togetick again, so I'm not too upset about it.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    Well Im not sure Gyarados using Flamethrower counts as an unusual attack. After all Gyarados is part dragon. But yes I agree that we probably will see Misty again.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Alana said:
    Misty was always my all time favorite character. For some reason I like Brendan ALOT and he was my favorite character. But its not the same. I mean you only get to see him at the very begginnig of Jirachi Wish Maker and they were just using him as an example. Ok going off topic.

Like I said its not the same so Misty is still my fave. At the end of Master Quest when I found out the were going to take Misty out of the anime I nearly cried. I was really ticked. Then they brought Brock back and I thought They have to bring Misty back now, right. Well she makes a couple of appearences, but that hardly makes up for her leaving. As for Misty being stuck at the gym, she tells us that. Her sisters are kindly leting her do all the work around the gym. So she has to stay and make sure the gym doesn't go to peices. The episodes where she came back were GREAT in my opinion. No I have never seen any in Japanese. I would like to but loading anything on this computer is enough to drive you mad. Maybe I'll by them someday. And I dont agree with Togepi being a leech. Remember if it wasn't for Togepi Misty wouldn't have come back at all. And its true that Misty isn't the hot headed red-head we all used to love but that doesn't make her any worse than she used to be.

May could never take Mistys place. I don't not like May, shes a fine character but Misty was never really a novice like her. Probably cause she grew up in the gym. May wanted adventure more than Pokemon. She didn't even like Pokemon. The only Pokemon Misty didn't like were bugs. Why I do't know, I think their cute. May would rather be in contests than battles. I don't think Misty would give up battling for that. But like I said its not like May is a bad character. May is no Misty thats clear to everyone, but then again Misty is no May. Its confusing unless you really think about it. You have to give May a chance. She hasn't been around as long as Misty and since she came when Misty left we see her as Mistys replacement. And because of that we all see May as the enemy that drove Misty out. But thats not true. Max didn't drive Brock out, so May won't drive maisty out. Not that she was supposed to in the first place.

Am I getting off topic again, sorry. Back to the episodes,

Yes it was very sad when Misty had to say goo-bye to Togetic. Maybe people think Togepi was a leech but Misty still loved it. She made that point ovious. Its true I was expecting a big reunion when Misty returned, and I was slightly dissapointed but I think the fact that she came back at all proves that we will see her again.

I'm really hoping that in the next season her sisters will get up of their butts and help, they've been gym leaders before so they can be gym leaders again. Once they help with the gym again Misty can leave and start traveling with Ash again. Maybe May will also travel with them. I don't think Max will. He'll probably get his first Pokemn and go off on his own adventure. I'd say alot maore about Ash, May, Max, and Brock but that would probably start another argument so I'll just leave it at that.

I totally agree. Just because May is different than Misty doesn't make her any worse.People come up with all thi nonsense of her having no character and things like that, and when she makes a development they just accuse it as a marketing gimic. Personally, I think they just don't want to give her a fair chance, since they see her as teh one who took Misty away for some reason. :\

espeon and umbreon said:
    Japanese epp. is quite good and I like the sound much better.
    The sound is teh same. :\

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    I totally agree. Just because May is different than Misty doesn't make her any worse.People come up with all thi nonsense of her having no character and things like that, and when she makes a development they just accuse it as a marketing gimic. Personally, I think they just don't want to give her a fair chance, since they see her as teh one who took Misty away for some reason. :\

Thanks Im glad theres someone who agrees with me.

Kine

Whatev
    Years
    I won't write up a big review for this episode (2nd part of this mini series), but I will say it was one of the best I've seen thus far. I think just seeing Togepi actually do something for a change aside from squeal drew in my attention on it's own. Most of the time my mouth was just hanging open in an amazement.

Nicely done. It's great to know after so many years, the good people in Japan "still got it".

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Yanno, I'd like to know why in the world 4Kids decided to leave in the emotion between Misty and Togepi when they destroyed the emotion between Team Rocket and Arbok and Weezing. If you've seen the Japanese version of the sixth AG episode, you'd know they tossed out the emotional background music that has only been used once before (which was when Ash, Misty and Brock split apart and this piece hasn't been played in the English language either) and put in their own synthesized dub music. The voice acting was horrid in the episiode as well because no one sounded believable either, especially Eric Stuart.

Why should Togepi, who did absolutely NOTHING but wave its arms around and use Metronome about once every few episodes, keep the emotional sentiment when Arbok and Weezing got nothing in the dub when they've been around since the second episode of Pocket Monsters? :\ That's not fair, 4Kids.

Years
    You really should know that. Togepi's one of the good guys while Arbok and Weezing are the 'bad guys'.

Really though, please define your definition of emotion. From what I can remember, Jessie and James were somewhat emotional towards their decision to let Arbok and Weezing go.

And about the music that they played in the splitting up of Ash and friends... They've played that track many times before that faithful episode. I don't know if 4Kids made it or not, but since I've heard it a few times, I don't think that that's the case.

Eric Stuart, or Brock and Jame's voice actor, can't always sound like they mean it, and that goes for everybody. Maybe the reason why Brock didn't seem so emotional was because he may have known that his leaving would only be temporary. I mean, Brock knew who to ask to find Ash and his new crew right from the start. That's just my opinion, anyways.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    dqle said:
    You really should know that. Togepi's one of the good guys while Arbok and Weezing are the 'bad guys'.
    Still doesn't excuse how Togepi got glorrified yet Arbok and Weezing were left out in the rain when it came to dubbing the episode. Togepi's done nothing at all important. Arbok and Weezing were an important group of Pok?mon to Team Rocket.

dqle said:
    Really though, please define your definition of emotion. From what I can remember, Jessie and James were somewhat emotional towards their decision to let Arbok and Weezing go.
    The tone of the emotion is what was missing in the dub. They destroyed the sadness that was in the Japanese music and replaced it with synthesized garbage and didn't put any real feelings into the voices when it came to dubbing.

dqle said:
    And about the music that they played in the splitting up of Ash and friends... They've played that track many times before that faithful episode. I don't know if 4Kids made it or not, but since I've heard it a few times, I don't think that that's the case.
    From what you're telling me, you most likely saw only the dub version. As I said, 4Kids scrapped the Japanese music and replaced it with synthesized garbage. Anyone watching the English language version couldn't tell Japan had a more sad, and emotional piece of background music because of the blaring sysnthesized music.

dqle said:
    Eric Stuart, or Brock and Jame's voice actor, can't always sound like they mean it, and that goes for everybody. Maybe the reason why Brock didn't seem so emotional was because he may have known that his leaving would only be temporary. I mean, Brock knew who to ask to find Ash and his new crew right from the start. That's just my opinion, anyways.
    Eric Stuart SUCKS as a voice actor, period. You could tell that he's overworked and can't get his voices right when you start hearing Brock sound like Seto Kaiba and vice versa. Or how his Weezing voice for that episode sounded like James with a bad cold. After the scene where Ryo returns his Tyranitar to its Pok?ball, Team Rocket grab at him and are SUPPOSED to sound like they're struggling to stay concious. Such was not the case in the dub. :\

Years
    Hey, don't blame me. I only got 56k, so it's nearly impossible for me to download the Japanese episodes.

I do have to admit that the music played at Ash and firend's departure really wasn't a really appropriate tune to play at the time. It was almost happy music... (It was synthesized?)

Unfortunately, 4Kids didn't hire enough talented voice actors for all of their shows, if, of course, there were any out there anymore. I'm quite irritated that 4Kids used the same VAs for many of their shows. (like ones on Fox BOX)

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Not your fault, was just saying.

And yes, it is amazing how 4Kids doesn't hire any other people to do voice overs. Not to mention, ones that have talent. It is rather annoying hearing the same voices for certain characters on different people (Seto Kaiba on Brock from time to time). FUNimation used to have the same problem but seem to be straightening up their act, especially with bigger casts.

And yes, that scene when Ash and friends left did have sythensized music in the English dub; like most of the dub BGM is. The tune was originally a sad one, rather than an upbeat, hopeful tune.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    What channel was this on (was it in the uk)? I haven't seen this episode yet!

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    Not your fault, was just saying.

And yes, it is amazing how 4Kids doesn't hire any other people to do voice overs. Not to mention, ones that have talent. It is rather annoying hearing the same voices for certain characters on different people (Seto Kaiba on Brock from time to time). FUNimation used to have the same problem but seem to be straightening up their act, especially with bigger casts.

And yes, that scene when Ash and friends left did have sythensized music in the English dub; like most of the dub BGM is. The tune was originally a sad one, rather than an upbeat, hopeful tune.
    First off, they had soemone different for James at first, and he proved to be not so good. second, They are good actors, adn deserve some props for staying good so long. third, You can't just change the voices like that, because there is absolutely no reason to explain teh sudden Vocal change. Fourth, The english Music doesn't suck, it's just different. Accept that. Fifth, the Music is emotional, and isn't synthesized. You are just being irrational because it isn't the same as teh japanese ones.

Years
    That episode has probably not aired everywhere yet, Username. (wow, that's original) I only know that it was aired in Japan, the US, and possibly Canada.

I do have to agree with Pogiforce-14, Elite Trainer Raven. (and that's not because of his # of posts) I agree that the VAs are awesome at the fact that they even agreed to stay as long as they did. Too bad there aren't any other talented VAs to help lighten the load.

I've only seen one Japanese Pok?mon episode (friend's import) and the music was different, not like any I've heard before in the US. I can only suppose that their cultures are different in that way. I guess the reason why 4Kids changed the music like they have was because they probably thought that the original track was either not emotional enough or overly-emotional.

Basically, it depends on which version you watched first. Whichever one was first is probably the favorite, but please don't flame the other one!

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2020
    Yeah, I saw pictures of her in her new outfit LONG before the show aired. Besides, they had to bring her back at least briefly. I thought she should have had a surprise appearance as well, though. She didn't. :/ I hope she comes back for good, and then if she does maybe it'll be a surprise. Moving on to my rant...

Who else has a problem with Misty having to leave Togeic behind? My gosh, that bugged me!

I always felt that Togepi didn't suit her well. But Togeic does. Why didn't she get to keep it?! >_< Gary, Ash, Brock, and even Team Rocket (if you count Meowth--and I do think he should count) got to keep a Pokemon from before. Misty really should!

yoshi1001

Pokemon Disc Jockey
    Years
    Kili said:
    Yeah, I saw pictures of her in her new outfit LONG before the show aired. Besides, they had to bring her back at least briefly. I thought she should have had a surprise appearance as well, though. She didn't. :/ I hope she comes back for good, and then if she does maybe it'll be a surprise. Moving on to my rant...

Who else has a problem with Misty having to leave Togeic behind? My gosh, that bugged me!

I always felt that Togepi didn't suit her well. But Togeic does. Why didn't she get to keep it?! >_< Gary, Ash, Brock, and even Team Rocket (if you count Meowth--and I do think he should count) got to keep a Pokemon from before. Misty really should!

Preservation of nature > trainer's personal needs.-recurring theme. It's also nice the show isn't all hunky-dory and "perfect"-Ash doesn't always win, etc..

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Simple reason. If the people kept EVERY Pokemon in the entire series, every 2-bit trainer would have an entire army at their disposal, which is what would end up happening in real life. To avoid the extreme confusion this causes, they reduce man...er...Pokemon Power from time to time. In this case, they had to let poor Togepi/Togetick go...

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2020
    SBaby said:
    Simple reason. If the people kept EVERY Pokemon in the entire series, every 2-bit trainer would have an entire army at their disposal, which is what would end up happening in real life. To avoid the extreme confusion this causes, they reduce man...er...Pokemon Power from time to time. In this case, they had to let poor Togepi/Togetic go...

I know, it's just that the other characters kept the pokemon that they were the most friendly with and replaced all the rest. I just think Misty should have been allowed to keep Togetic as well. Letting Togetic go is a little different than say, Ash letting Butterfree go. At least, that's how I feel.

Think there's any chance she'll be able to get Togetic again? I doubt it myself. X_x

Years
    Oh? Somehow, I doubt they'd just let Togetic out of the picture. It's been Misty's Pok?mon for so long, so I doubt that they'd just forget about it.

It might not come back as a travel companion for Misty, however, but I'm pretty sure that Togetic would make a few appearences. Just like Ash's Charizard.

Back