• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moderator or Administrator?

Elusive

]]~~~[[
    Years
    When it comes to being staff on a forum would you rather be the 'big man in charge' type by being an Administrator or would you like less stress and just be a Moderator?

I used to loooooooove being Administrator, but now I find hard to even want to be Moderator as it can become a chore and kills the fun and I want to enjoy the board and not have to worry about that all.

And I'm getting quite busy irl so that really doesn't help any.

Years
    id lyke, LUV 2 b an admin. then i could ban every1 i ever hated i mean, really, i wouldnt make a bad admin... im normally active... and id actually have a heart.<3

Elusive

]]~~~[[
    Years
    It takes more than activeness to be Admin. You have to know what to add to a forum, what to remove, who to ban and who not to ban, and so much more. Being Admin isn't all fun and games.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Honestly, neither. Being a staff member pretty much means more chores. You get a pretty name the stands out, but I it's the work that comes with it that doesn't get me all exited >>

But, if I had to choose one, I'd much rather be a moderator. Less stress, and you deal with a lot less crap, as far as I know.

Years
    It takes more than activeness to be Admin. You have to know what to add to a forum, what to remove, who to ban and who not to ban, and so much more. Being Admin isn't all fun and games.

and all of the above apply 2 me. being a mod wouldnt b bad either, but i like power... :3 maybe i should become friends w/ the webmaster so he can make me one... jk. maybe.

Elusive

]]~~~[[
    Years
    And you'd have to type properly. No "2" as a word or "u" for "you", very little "1337 speak". Once in a while its fine if done at the right time. You have to show you can handle the position and everything.

Years
    And you'd have to type properly. No "2" as a word or "u" for "you", very little "1337 speak". Once in a while its fine if done at the right time. You have to show you can handle the position and everything.

OK, time to type properly... not that it'll do me any good... ok, I'm done here... :3

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Moderator, it's much easier to handle about 1-3 Forums than handling about 9 Reports at the same time X_x

Years
    Name said:
    Moderator, it's much easier to handle about 1-3 Forums than handling about 9 Reports at the same time X_x
    Well, depends on the forum. If you're in D/P, you'll probably have 9 things to do a day. ;p Now, for OVP, it's much easier. It was a good forum to start modding in.

To be honest, I don't know which I'd rather be. Being a mod, although I hate to say it, is limited in scope, and I can't handle that after being a s-mod for a year and a half. Being an admin? I... just can't see that happening anymore, not to mention I can't imagine myself being on the same level as the AAs anymore, even though I was a s-mod when three of them were, even Scizz. I was s-mod when Scizz was promoted to both s-mod and AA, and I *still* can't see myself on the same level as him anymore, even though I've been on the higher part of the staff longer than he has. Not that I wouldn't like to be one, I do love messing around in the ACP; it's just that I feel it's out of reach. So I guess my answer is s-mod. It's like being a mod, but with more benefits. :D *shot*

If I have to stick to the poll, administrator, I guess. I need my global mod powers. XD

By the way, why isn't there a s-mod option? >: It's not exactly being a moderator, you know, and it IS an important position. I thought we were cool. T_T *goes to cry now* (That last line's a joke, before you take it too seriously. XD)

Elusive

]]~~~[[
    Years
    Mm..yeah, doesn't help with the size of PokeCommunity. Lol. Always something needing to be done, I'm sure. Though, I'll admit, I'd like to give it a whirl once. XD But that's for another time...lol.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    To be honest I'd not mind being either of them. But if I had to choose I'd probably go for moderator or S-mod right now. It just seems better. Now, dont get me wrong, being an admin here would be awesome. I'd love it. But I dont think I'm ready for that kind of responsibility to be honest.
    Even being a moderator would be harder work. I'd have to keep my eyes out for rule breakers. (this I do now but as a mod I'd have to go hunt them down XD)

With all of that said, I think being a moderator would be fun. Even if I didnt get any higher than mod I wouldnt mind because the only thing that really matters is that I'd have a chance to help keep the peace in my favorite online community.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I'd prefer to be a moderator over administrator. Administrator would take up too much of my time I think.

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
    Years
    I wouldn't like to be a mod or admin. Reason, because it's hard work you get everyone Pm-ing you and other member spam and abuse. So i would go mod if i had to.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    Mod, no doubt. I wouldn't like being an admin because I'm far to scatterbrained to fully run a forum. Much respect to all successful and awesome-o admins out there -- it ain't easy.

I (usually) love modding the other forum I hang out at. I've been an active mod there for about two years and it isn't insanely large, so it's nice. Most of my work is squashing trolls, breaking up fights, and answering newbie's questions. Plus, we have a small group of "elder" members who try to help guide new members should the mods be away. It's a pretty good system. :3

I imagine it can be tough to be a mod at a place as big as PC. Yikes -- crazy thought. O_o

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Me? I'd love to be a mod, well depending on the forum, there's only one that I'd actually want to.
    Admin's intriguing enough but I don't think I'm the one to patrol the name changing thread, plus Admin's don't see to post much and I'm guessing that's because they don't have the time.

Mod, sweet. Admin, sweet and all but not for me.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Admin because... more stuff around PC to do. (I get bored easily, so yeah)

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    I rather be a mod. I could PWN n00bs much better then.
    but seriously, it is a lot less work, you get a purtey name, AND (OMFG theres more?!) you get to put spammers/rule breakers in thier place.

it would be work, but it would be fun.

Back