• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moderator or Administrator?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    As a moderator, I'd have to enforce the rules.

As an administrator, presumably, I'd MAKE the rules.

:cheeky:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Moderating would be fun, but I doubt I'll ever get there. X.x; I've tried being an administrator at my own forums but they're a pain to get active members on, so I closed them.

Rosefrost

Alright, who put that there?!
    Years
  • When it comes to being staff on a forum would you rather be the 'big man in charge' type by being an Administrator or would you like less stress and just be a Moderator?

I used to loooooooove being Administrator, but now I find hard to even want to be Moderator as it can become a chore and kills the fun and I want to enjoy the board and not have to worry about that all.

And I'm getting quite busy irl so that really doesn't help any.
    I think I'd rather just be a Moderator.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I don't know. Administrator doesn't sound all that fun. Dx People bugging you left and right about things you don't know how to answer, and getting a lot of stupid PM's that are just a pain-in-the-butt to respond to.

Being a moderator is fun, because you don't have to surf such a wide quantity of forums to keep up with your work. Being an admin would just be too much, and there's so many extra things to think about that I wouldn't have even imagined as a normal member. It doesn't sound incredibly appealing to me.

I'd still prefer just being a mod in places I actually go though, because then I wouldn't have to go out of my way. So... A moderator sounds like my decision. :3

Romance Hero

문법의 경찰!
    Years
  • I'd be willing to take the responsibility that comes at hand when it is to be an Administrator. I don't know EVERY single rule by heart. But I'd do what I have to do, even if it means being hated, because that would be my job.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • If I had to choose, moderator. I don't think I'd last as an admin. Although in the end, my preference goes to neither of them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    I would be a admin, it might be work but its worth it. Being a PC Supporter is worth it.

Zet

Years
  • I'd have to say moderator due to not knowing how the control functions of the ranks are done so being a moderator for a while would be good experience then becoming an administrator to learn the extra functions they can do

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Going with the poll, I'd take a Mod spot over that of an Admin.
    Going with my experience, I'd stay a normal member.
    Believe me guys, all of you don't know how well you got it as a normal member. And if you always go by the rules you'll never have any probs on PC.

I laugh at everyone wanting to be an Admin. I'm sorry, but I can't help it, everyone saying "I got what it takes", "I can do this and this.", "I'm active around the forum.", "I know all the rules.", "I have good grammar." and so on. I'm sure some of them are nice, but if it was that easy to be an Admin then PC would be full of Admins wouldn't it?
    Take it from me, having a Blue name, Purple name, or a Red name, it's not easy. You wouldn't believe how much crap the Admins have to put up with. And you got to be good to make AA or SA on PC (and I mean real good). It's not something everyone is able to do (doesn't matter what you believe, not everyone is cut out for it). I mean if you get that high you better do some hard hard thinking before thinking about leaving. The hardships you had to go through, the work you put in, the time you put in, and thinking of how hard it was to get to that rank. If you do leave it better be something big that takes you away from that spot.

I do like my rank (I was the first SA, so I got the pick the color I wanted XD), and I wouldn't take a spot any lower then what I got right now. But if I was a normal member right now and was Modded I wouldn't want to go any higher (far far too much headache).

You normal members have got it so well... XD

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I don't want to be either of them at the minute. I have to much stuff to concentrate on. Like passing this year as best as I can so I can go to University. Also I can only be on my computer half the week.

If I was asked when I was a bit older then I might do it. But I'm not really sure If I would be right for it. I have been a MOD on another forum but It wasn't that fun. You lose all the time you had to go and post because you are reading all the PMs and looking out for any members breaking the rules in your section.

Elusive

]]~~~[[
    Years
  • Going with the poll, I'd take a Mod spot over that of an Admin.
    Going with my experience, I'd stay a normal member.
    Believe me guys, all of you don't know how well you got it as a normal member. And if you always go by the rules you'll never have any probs on PC.

I laugh at everyone wanting to be an Admin. I'm sorry, but I can't help it, everyone saying "I got what it takes", "I can do this and this.", "I'm active around the forum.", "I know all the rules.", "I have good grammar." and so on. I'm sure some of them are nice, but if it was that easy to be an Admin then PC would be full of Admins wouldn't it?
    Take it from me, having a Blue name, Purple name, or a Red name, it's not easy. You wouldn't believe how much crap the Admins have to put up with. And you got to be good to make AA or SA on PC (and I mean real good). It's not something everyone is able to do (doesn't matter what you believe, not everyone is cut out for it). I mean if you get that high you better do some hard hard thinking before thinking about leaving. The hardships you had to go through, the work you put in, the time you put in, and thinking of how hard it was to get to that rank. If you do leave it better be something big that takes you away from that spot.

I do like my rank (I was the first SA, so I got the pick the color I wanted XD), and I wouldn't take a spot any lower then what I got right now. But if I was a normal member right now and was Modded I wouldn't want to go any higher (far far too much headache).

You normal members have got it so well... XD

Yeah, I've administrated some sites and I decided I'm more suited for Moderator / Super Moderator. I am honored when people ask me to be Administrator, but I always have to decline as I know I'm not cut for it and I'd be dead weight and I really just wouldn't want that. Though as Moderator / Super Moderator, I'm really good.

Years
    • Age 38
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    Honestly though the work is harder, I prefer admin to a point. I'm so used to admining my site as it is, plus I've worked on other types of boards to the point i know the admin cp's inside and out. Though I don't go looking for admin jobs. I may have the experience, but i prefer that if I would get promoted it be because the person wanted to, not just because of my experience. Admin is tough work, you have to be on the ball when it comes to fights, and be ready to be tough when it comes to dealing with a member who gets on your nerves.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I'd stick with being a moderator, to be honest. Just modding 4 sections is stressful enough so I can't really imagine what having an even bigger responsibility would feel like. Besides, I get enough stupid PMs as a moderator and as an admin I'd most likely get even more so being a moderator is just fine with me.

Years
  • Yeah, we both have experience with annoying members, SoA. Lol

Um, you're starting to get off-topic. Please keep comments like that to PM. ^_^;

Andy, too bad most people won't take what you said to heart. >: I don't see as much crap as you guys, but sometimes the drama that I do see makes me want to cry. ;_;

...even so, I wouldn't want to be mod, even if it was the best place to be stress-wise. Like I said, I'm just too used to modding everywhere. I'd go nuts if I couldn't take care of every spam attack I saw... XD;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I guess I can't really give an answer other than administrator. I loved my time as an admin, but quit. Then when I came back, I was split whether to ask for something close to my old spot or to wait to be selected for a mod position. I ended up taking the admin spot since, while I love helping out visibly around the forum, I honestly think I'm more suited for the decision-making and whole forum politics thing. 8D

For those who're saying that being a mod would be more boring, the mods do more physical work than admins do and a lot of the time, I just sit there doing nothing because there's nothing to discuss and the mods are doing their job so well that there's nothing leftover to deal with. :C

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    I would be a..... super mod. XD

Because well you see I have experience of being a mod and a super mod. Being a mod is kind of boring because you can only mod limited sections.

A super mod can do more things, like change names and give warnings.

I don't think I would want to be an administrator because you have so much to take care of, like the servers of the forums. XD

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I would be a..... super mod. XD

Because well you see I have experience of being a mod and a super mod. Being a mod is kind of boring because you can only mod limited sections.

A super mod can do more things, like change names and give warnings.

I don't think I would want to be an administrator because you have so much to take care of, like the servers of the forums. XD

Hey, we can give warnings too! ;A; Changing names would be a pain in the butt. *I totally wouldn't do it...*

But that's another reason I wouldn't want to be an administrator, is because then you really gotta know when someone deserves a warning or not, and I'm the type that can sit there for ten minutes and ponder over whether I should give someone a warning for something. =_=

And with the whole forum, I think I'd spend hours just giving four warnings. *facedesk*

And then you gotta get those name changes. <_<; Which, just by looking at the name changing thread, is obviously annoying.

Time-consuming. And then you have to have all the answers, because you're the top dollar. </3 I don't know about people hating you just because you're admin though, people hate people for various reasons. And some people will love you just because you're an admin, so I guess it's a give and take.

Back