• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 2

Years
    Meh, everyone has their own opinion on the 'not 5' thing. GH:WT was still 4 even though they hadn't put it there.

I suppose, and with PS3 releasing slim they won't be beating that.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Meh, everyone has their own opinion on the 'not 5' thing. GH:WT was still 4 even though they hadn't put it there.

I suppose, and with PS3 releasing slim they won't be beating that.
    By that logic, CoD 4 was CoD 6. (Finest Hour and Big Red one came out after CoD, but weren't call of duty 2) and MW2 is CoD 8 (Call of Duty: World at War - Final fronts on Wii and PS2) The thing is, CoD isn't GH. Previous titles int eh series show that unless the number is present, then it's not "CoD:x"

And i dunno, although I'm a big PS3 fan, I'd buy that 360 over the PS3slim.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    World at War is still widely considered CoD5, and MW2 as CoD6. When it comes to Finest Hour and Big Red One; they're expansions of sorts for CoD1 and CoD2 onto newer consoles. Even if they don't have the number in the title, they're still part of the main series.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    This argument is pointless. Thats why you just refer to the games by their official titles. U dont here people calling HGSS Pokemon 6 or whatever.

Anyway, any new footage crop up lately?

Years
    This argument is pointless. Thats why you just refer to the games by their official titles. U dont here people calling HGSS Pokemon 6 or whatever.

Not that I'm aware of.

They probably won't be much to come with it's release soon.

IW haven't released much and it makes me wonder if they have anything up their sleeve.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

That's just what people like to do. Not really pointless either, and more of discussion.

Like Skii said, chances are they probably won't release much until the release date. I can see them maybe uploading one more teaser video or just bits of info.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Not that I'm aware of.

They probably won't be much to come with it's release soon.

IW haven't released much and it makes me wonder if they have anything up their sleeve.
    There was a hands on in PSM of the new Co-Op "Special Ops" mode, that's all I've seen recently.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Since I haven't been on in a few days....

https://www.giantbomb.com/modern-warfare-2-interview/17-1374/
    That's a nice 15 min long interview. I personally think it's the best interview. Talks about some things like Suppressed Snipers, and Suppressed Shotguns. I think it's this interview that talks about how you can have a shotgun attachment on the bottom of your weapon, where the grenade launcher would go. If you got 15 mins then it's worth watching.

https://www.gametrailers.com/game/modern-warfare-2/11043?show=Gameplay#Content

GameTrailers has some gameplay vid of MW2. Also one of the vids shows that you can pick up a second weapon and thus dual wield (now the news on Akimbo in MW2 came out sometime ago, but I think this is the first time we've seen something where you can use two weapons... just sucks that the person didn't pick up the second weapon). You can see the pickup icon at the bottom on Highrise Gameplay 3 (Cam) around 14 seconds in on the vid.

Only prob with the GameTrailers vids are.... some of their players are sooooo sucky. And I'll sit here going "WTF? Do you even play CoD4?".

I can't wait for the game... it's going to be great.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Wow, the player controlled missles look funny. Its just something to annoy my brother with I guess.

xXI JOE IXx

Somebody at school said his dad bought it for him from Japan, I think he is lieing though

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
    I lol'd when I heard that you can attach a shotgun to a rifle XD;

Anyways, this game is the sex =P.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If its true about the Granade Launcher on the Shotguns the Haza will be an unstoppable force. Im addicted to shotguns and semi automatic guns.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I lol'd when I heard that you can attach a shotgun to a rifle XD;

Anyways, this game is the sex =P.

Eh, in other games that have them (Metal gear online is the first to come to mind) Masterkeys are good, but not brilliant.

DeeJayFusion

My ROFLcopter goes Soi
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    Modern Warfare 2 Thread [PS3, 360, PC]

Surprisingly, I couldn't find a thread disscussing what looks to be the biggest game of the year. So, I'll make a thread in which we can discuss tournaments, clans, and just the game itself.

Modern Warfare 2

We can disscus and I'll post news on the game as soon as I can. :D I assume this'll be a pretty popular game around here, so I hope the thread can be active.

Recent News:

Map Pack's in Spring 2010:
    Activision is at it again. Gamespot recently spied a Modern Warfare 2-themed Monster energy drink pack. And even though Activision has refused to shed light on any of the details, the box shows-off some sort of contest in which participators get a chance to earn a prize. It appears the prizes include a shot at one of 100 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 games for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, 5,000 MW2 Map Pack codes "planned for release in spring 2010," 10,000 PS3 or 360 MW2 themes, and free cans of Monster.

No Demo for Modern Warfare 2 :(
    Robert Bowling, Infinity Ward's director of communications and community manager, has confirmed that the studio has no plans to release a demo of Modern Warfare 2 prior to the game's launch on November 10.

Posting on his Twitter, Bowling revealed that the team are far too busy adding the final spit and polish to the retail version of the hotly anticipated shooter to ship a demo before release: "No plan for a Demo before launch. The entire team is focused on polish all the way up to ship of the full game," he said.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=189550
    Though it seems to have gone dead lol. :P

I can't wait for this game. I hadn't heard anything about that map pack you mention, though it's no surprise that they'd release downloadable content for the game. It's to be expected when releasing a CoD game.

I really wanted to get the Prestige edition. I have the regular game pre-ordered, but I figured that I'd probably have enough for the Prestige edition. So I went to GameStop to pre-order it and they were all sold out of them. :(

Back