• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 2

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    You're so naughty KingCharizard. Shame on you.

*yawn*

this is just a wannabe game now.. an overpriced console based arcade-type game. lame even.

want a PROPER modern warfare experience? play CoD4 then you'll see what its suppose to be like. or just move on to BF:BC2
    It's really hard to defend MW2 against BC2, but BC2 isn't without its problems. I don't know if it's fixed yet but the M60 was just ridiculously powerful the last time I played and it really ruined a lot of it for me. What's great though is that DICE is actually willing to fix the big problems, unlike IW.

But like I said, you can't really defend MW2 over BC2 since BC2 is clearly the more polished game. Sadly I have more fun playing MW2 though, even though I wish I didn't.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I have way more fun playing Bad Company 2, minus certain aspects of it.

There is no team balancing option and sometimes the teams just suck. I've joined games where it's one guy versus a team of twelve and I get stuck with the one guy. It's definitely an interesting way to play, since it's like you've got to rely on that other guy to watch your back and secure positions together, but man, oh, man...they have to fix that.

And the only other issue I can think of is that squad balancing sucks too. I always join games where there happens to be 8 players and I get stuck alone and have to respawn at the Deployment every time. I just hate that. XD

Other than that, I'm addicted to BC2. It frustrates me when my team is full of idiots that don't know how to defend positions or cap points, but when you've got people you know and can communicate with, it's a solid experience.

I quit playing MW2 around the time the Dual 1887s were the problem. I couldn't even join a game without being killed by someone using them, so when all my games were stolen, I was happy to see that one go. It was a frustration and burden on me. I'm sure if someone let me play it now though, I'd probably enjoy it again.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    CoD4 is old now, and thus not as many people play it, and so sometimes you'll run into crappy people... and then run into them again... and again... and again...
    CoD4 was just an all around better game. I like many of the weapons in MW2 and some of the modes, but there's just stuff in there I can't stand, and stuff they should have done to make the game better. Years from now I will have more good memories of CoD4 then I will of MW2.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    Afte Quick warm ups i can be a little good at the game.Im not a noob but it is my first CoD game and i play it constantly...as in right now during intermission.I am working on Nuking and I use ACR Stopping Power Scavenger,Ninja along with M9 Akimbo just to unlock tactical knife.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I have way more fun playing Bad Company 2, minus certain aspects of it.

There is no team balancing option and sometimes the teams just suck. I've joined games where it's one guy versus a team of twelve and I get stuck with the one guy. It's definitely an interesting way to play, since it's like you've got to rely on that other guy to watch your back and secure positions together, but man, oh, man...they have to fix that.

And the only other issue I can think of is that squad balancing sucks too. I always join games where there happens to be 8 players and I get stuck alone and have to respawn at the Deployment every time. I just hate that. XD

Other than that, I'm addicted to BC2. It frustrates me when my team is full of idiots that don't know how to defend positions or cap points, but when you've got people you know and can communicate with, it's a solid experience.

I quit playing MW2 around the time the Dual 1887s were the problem. I couldn't even join a game without being killed by someone using them, so when all my games were stolen, I was happy to see that one go. It was a frustration and burden on me. I'm sure if someone let me play it now though, I'd probably enjoy it again.
    Yeah, that's one thing I hated about BC2. The unreliable teammates. I hate it when people join objective game-types (Rush and whatever the other one with the three flags is) and just go for kills and completely ignore objectives. I'd find myself defending or capping M-COM stations all by myself a lot of the time since my teammates were too busy sitting in the hills sniping (and missing at that), contributing nothing. The same types of people are in MW2, but I think since the maps are so much smaller people are more inclined to play for objectives since they don't have to walk for 5 minutes to get to the objective spot.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Yeah, that's one thing I hated about BC2. The unreliable teammates. I hate it when people join objective game-types (Rush and whatever the other one with the three flags is) and just go for kills and completely ignore objectives. I'd find myself defending or capping M-COM stations all by myself a lot of the time since my teammates were too busy sitting in the hills sniping (and missing at that), contributing nothing. The same types of people are in MW2, but I think since the maps are so much smaller people are more inclined to play for objectives since they don't have to walk for 5 minutes to get to the objective spot.

Yeah, I usually find that I'm the one capping a flag/M-COM and when I die, nobody is there to help defend it, so the other team gains it back. That's a major flaw in the game, but not enough of one that it trashes the experience. I usually try to play with a friend, because then at least the objectives are getting followed instead of ignored.

I never played objective based games in MW2 and maybe that's why I hated it a lot also. I ignored most of the game modes and only played Team Deathmatch. So if I ever do get it back, maybe I'll test out stuff like Domination or whatever they're called.

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
    Years
    Yeah, I usually find that I'm the one capping a flag/M-COM and when I die, nobody is there to help defend it, so the other team gains it back. That's a major flaw in the game, but not enough of one that it trashes the experience. I usually try to play with a friend, because then at least the objectives are getting followed instead of ignored.

I never played objective based games in MW2 and maybe that's why I hated it a lot also. I ignored most of the game modes and only played Team Deathmatch. So if I ever do get it back, maybe I'll test out stuff like Domination or whatever they're called.
    Make sure you play with a team while playing domination, or you're almost certain to lose due to people just worrying about KDR. That's the main reason I just play TDM due to me caring about my KDR (although I know I really shouldn't, but I do) and not wanting to be a burden in objective games. The only way I can justify worrying about getting a lot of kills in domination is that if my allies are capping flags, and we're behind and need a boost, my killstreaks can help cover them while they capture the points, then I can go die, get more Killstreaks, and defend our taken areas.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    My favorite thing to use on MW2 is just running around like a maniac with the G18 Akimbos and the Mini-Uzi Akimbos. That and combining random smoke grenades with it makes Domination games intense. Oh, and Search Destroy sucks, just wanted to say that -__-

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I know... Search and Destroy was a lot better on World at War when there weren't a thousand explosives to kill you in the first 20 seconds, but I still play it...

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
    My favorite thing to use on MW2 is just running around like a maniac with the G18 Akimbos and the Mini-Uzi Akimbos. That and combining random smoke grenades with it makes Domination games intense. Oh, and Search Destroy sucks, just wanted to say that -__-

You'd be much better off switching the Akimbo Uzis for Akimbo UMPs. The not-so great hipfire and the impossible-to-cancel reload makes the Uzis a lot less desirable - even if they make you look awesome :P .

Years
    LOL!
    The other night this guy was just tubing ALL GAME. So I stuck with him in the lobby and changed my class to be n00btube, launcher and all the stupid explosives. Even changed my call sign to NOOOOOOOOB! XD

End of the match, I nearly reduced him to tears because I was cheating by n00bing and not playing it right. Some of the other people from the previous match were in there and all started shouting at him, saying he was doing it moments before.

I do love it when people come together online to bully people.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    You'd be much better off switching the Akimbo Uzis for Akimbo UMPs. The not-so great hipfire and the impossible-to-cancel reload makes the Uzis a lot less desirable - even if they make you look awesome :P .
    Eh, I've actually tried that before with the UMP's, I don't really like the hand guns. Plus, I don't use Stopping Power, I look for guns with fast fire rate cause I'm pretty much using a running class (Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro, and Steady Aim Pro). And the Uzi's aren't actually that bad if you learn to use them correctly. I'm pretty much aiming for close range fighting so control isn't really a huge problem for me haha :P
    LOL!
    The other night this guy was just tubing ALL GAME. So I stuck with him in the lobby and changed my class to be n00btube, launcher and all the stupid explosives. Even changed my call sign to NOOOOOOOOB! XD

End of the match, I nearly reduced him to tears because I was cheating by n00bing and not playing it right. Some of the other people from the previous match were in there and all started shouting at him, saying he was doing it moments before.

I do love it when people come together online to bully people.
    I'm afraid to admit I'm also a noob tuber -___-. But I love to just use my terrorist class: RPG's, AK-47 w/Grenade Launcher, and Danger Close (or One Man Army and Grenade Laucnhers haha). It just pisses off everyone on Domination when you defend a flag and just noob tube the area haha ^_^

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The only time I use a noobtube is if I have nothing unlocked for the weapon or if I'm trying to get the shotgun. :P It can be nice to use once in a while but people who use them all the time is just obnoxious, if you ask me.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Tubes are for campers, tubes are for tubers, and tubes are for people who can't play right.
    I have 3 classes with tubes on them. They're for S&D, and they work really well on killing people in spots that you couldn't normally get to without dropping dead. If they're posted up in some corner, or camping somewhere (I'm not talking about defending... I'm talking about camping) then they need to be killed with a tube.
    What needs to be taken out is spawn tubes and spawn spraying. Because there is NO skill in spraying across the map, or sending a tube when you first spawn on S&D. WaW took them out, MW2 should do it as well.

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
    Tubes are for campers, tubes are for tubers, and tubes are for people who can't play right.
    I have 3 classes with tubes on them. They're for S&D, and they work really well on killing people in spots that you couldn't normally get to without dropping dead. If they're posted up in some corner, or camping somewhere (I'm not talking about defending... I'm talking about camping) then they need to be killed with a tube.
    What needs to be taken out is spawn tubes and spawn spraying. Because there is NO skill in spraying across the map, or sending a tube when you first spawn on S&D. WaW took them out, MW2 should do it as well.
    They pause killstreaks but not tubes which is absoloutly stupid.

I don't understand how that they can pause killstreaks and not realise that tubes are just as bad and most times a lot more frustrating.

Salvage i think is one of the worst for spawn tubes.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    They pause killstreaks but not tubes which is absoloutly stupid.

I don't understand how that they can pause killstreaks and not realise that tubes are just as bad and most times a lot more frustrating.

Salvage i think is one of the worst for spawn tubes.
    Hehe, noooo, Scrapyard is the worst of all of them for Spawn tubing (I'm guilty of doing it). Honestly, I really don't have a problem with a little noob tubage. I use it myself sometimes (Usually Domination games so I can cover the flags), but I don't think that people should become dependant on it all the time. Theres such a wide range of weapons and if you just stick with noob tubers, well, thats a little sad...

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
    Check this out!

https://www.modernwarfare247.com/news/employees-file-new-lawsuit

New law suit filed against Activision by a group named "The Infinity Ward Employee Group".
    Apparently Activision were forcing these employees to work on Modern Warfare 3 until it was released or they weren't going to pay certain royalties.

Hehe, noooo, Scrapyard is the worst of all of them for Spawn tubing (I'm guilty of doing it). Honestly, I really don't have a problem with a little noob tubage. I use it myself sometimes (Usually Domination games so I can cover the flags), but I don't think that people should become dependant on it all the time. Theres such a wide range of weapons and if you just stick with noob tubers, well, thats a little sad...
    Yeah Scrapyard would have to be pretty Bad XD

I can be guilty of tubing. But i only use to get challanges finished on guns.

The craziest thing Happened on scrapyard a week or so ago.
    I was playing Domination i spawned on the opposite side of the map and i lined up a knife because i saw
    they were taking over whatever letter it was and i got a kill i was like omgwtf :P

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Check this out!

https://www.modernwarfare247.com/news/employees-file-new-lawsuit

New law suit filed against Activision by a group named "The Infinity Ward Employee Group".
    Apparently Activision were forcing these employees to work on Modern Warfare 3 until it was released or they weren't going to pay certain royalties.

Yeah Scrapyard would have to be pretty Bad XD

I can be guilty of tubing. But i only use to get challanges finished on guns.

The craziest thing Happened on scrapyard a week or so ago.
    I was playing Domination i spawned on the opposite side of the map and i lined up a knife because i saw
    they were taking over whatever letter it was and i got a kill i was like omgwtf :P
    Well not surprised by this, will MW3 ever be completed?
    Thats really weird haha. I actually saw this video of a person on Scrapyard who killed himself with his own Javelin missle. He shot it at the opposite side of the map and while shooting it someone shot him. Then he spawned on the opposite side of the map right where he shot his Javelin missle and killed himself xD

Back