• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 2

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I feel like rambo when i hipfire my LSW into a team of campers humming the rambo theme down headset

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
    You know what would be awesome? If MW2 had a Theatre mode.
    Seriously why doesn't every game have a Theatre mode?
    Halo and Uncharted 2 are like the only games i can think of that have it.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    You know what would be awesome? If MW2 had a Theatre mode.
    Seriously why doesn't every game have a Theatre mode?
    Halo and Uncharted 2 are like the only games i can think of that have it.
    Over fixing the lag, over fixing the host probs, over fixing this and that, I wish it had a theater. Like tonight Alex pulled off a really stupidly awesome drag quick scope thingy. You'd think he had autoaim or something. And there's lots of stuff I pulled off that I wish I had... stuff even I have forgotten about. We were talking about it tonight, and it's crazy that it doesn't have a theater, I mean all of these other games have them, so why doesn't the CoD series have it? Not everyone has the money for a capture card, and even then not everyone who has one has it running all the time. So a theater would be perfect.

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
    Over fixing the lag, over fixing the host probs, over fixing this and that, I wish it had a theater. Like tonight Alex pulled off a really stupidly awesome drag quick scope thingy. You'd think he had autoaim or something. And there's lots of stuff I pulled off that I wish I had... stuff even I have forgotten about. We were talking about it tonight, and it's crazy that it doesn't have a theater, I mean all of these other games have them, so why doesn't the CoD series have it? Not everyone has the money for a capture card, and even then not everyone who has one has it running all the time. So a theater would be perfect.
    Sometimes me and my friends play Private matches where we only use snipers and no/quick scoping just for fun and we pull off some pretty cool shots.
    I wouldn't put them on youtube, i'd just like to be able to watch them again or show my friends.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    https://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/13/modern-warfare-2-resurgence-pack-adding-five-more-maps-on-june/
    Looks like we're getting a few new maps....

And from the MW 24/7 forum...
    In the last DLC thread, I posted information about what maps the "hackers" found.

They found these maps:
    New maps:
    • Revolt
    • Complex - Possible renamed to Bailout
    • Storm
    • Abandoned
    • DCWH - D.C White House
    • Compact - Possible renamed to salvage

Old maps:
    • Shipment
    • Vacant
    • Overgrown
    • Crash

As you know 'Storm, Overgrown and Crash' were in the Stimulus map pack. So if the above is correct, the next map pack will follow in the Stimulus map pack with 3 brand spanking new maps and two revamped map from Call of Duty 4.

• Revolt
    • DC White house
    • Abandoned
    • Vacant
    • Shipment

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    That's a bit of a bummer. I was really hoping that this time we would have brand spanking new maps... all of them. Granted, this is still speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. And I always thought it was weird we didn't have a D.C. map, so it's about time we finally get one.

Good thing is that it's coming next month though, so it shouldn't take long to find out. :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I like the old CoD4 maps. I just wish Shipment wasn't one of them they're putting in. I'd much rather preferred Broadcast or Strike. If the new maps are as good as the ones in the Stimulus Map Pack then I'll be satisfied.

In other news, I apparently got a new win streak of 62 matches in a row. I really don't even remember getting all those, but apparently I did. Pretty sure I got it by playing a mix of TDM and FFA.

Edit: Wow. RIGHT as soon as I posted saying I wanted Strike in the new map pack they release this interview with Robert Bowling: https://majornelson.com/archive/201...t-bowling-on-the-mw-2-resurgence-package.aspx

So apparently the info from MW2 24/7 is incorrect. They're bringing back Strike and Vacant. Also new maps include a carnival-type map, a trailer park, and a map called Fuel which is a sniper map. I'm pretty excited for this, a lot more than I was for the first one.

Last edited:

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
    This Map Pack looks pretty good. I'm glad Vacant is coming to MW2 always liked that map, especially for SnD.
    I would have preferred Crossfire over Strike though. It's cool that theres a DC map, i was wondering why we didnt get one at the start.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I like the old CoD4 maps. I just wish Shipment wasn't one of them they're putting in. I'd much rather preferred Broadcast or Strike. If the new maps are as good as the ones in the Stimulus Map Pack then I'll be satisfied.

In other news, I apparently got a new win streak of 62 matches in a row. I really don't even remember getting all those, but apparently I did. Pretty sure I got it by playing a mix of TDM and FFA.

Edit: Wow. RIGHT as soon as I posted saying I wanted Strike in the new map pack they release this interview with Robert Bowling: https://majornelson.com/archive/201...t-bowling-on-the-mw-2-resurgence-package.aspx

So apparently the info from MW2 24/7 is incorrect. They're bringing back Strike and Vacant. Also new maps include a carnival-type map, a trailer park, and a map called Fuel which is a sniper map. I'm pretty excited for this, a lot more than I was for the first one.

Sniper map! Now that sounds like good news. The other maps sound good too. I would have rather had Broadcast though, I always have a good time on that map.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Spoiler! This is generic postmodern trash, and can only be enjoyed upon lobotomy for the user.
    You tell 'em man!!!
    Sniper map! Now that sounds like good news. The other maps sound good too. I would have rather had Broadcast though, I always have a good time on that map.
    Yeah, I also look forward to the sniper map. MW2 really has a lack of longer ranged sniper maps.

blaze_the_cat

Entire team is babies!
    Years
    Salvage, in my opinion, is a terrible map.

However, i do love playing on Bailout.

My main gun of use at this exact moment is the M4A1. Its just a bundle of fun. Accurate, with a great sound.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Salvage is easily the worst map I have ever played on any game.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I really don't mind Salvage all that much. I enjoy playing on it more than I do on say Quarry or Derail.

Years
    They're making a new map pack of what i've heard. They have already finished one map which is based at a circus from pictures from activision

Back